Author Topic: Target "Attack on/Defense of Hoth" Big BPs  (Read 80770 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Larger Hoth Battle Packs
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 07:18 PM »
From Jay at Yak

Battle of Hoth: (2 Battle Packs)
1x Attack on Hoth with 1 AT-ST, 1 AT-ST Driver, 1 Snowtrooper
1x Defense on Hoth with 1 Laser Turret, 2 Rebel Soldiers (maybe the home for the dropped beardless trooper?)

I'm in for 3 of these if I can find them. I'll be happy to get those turrets. AS for the Rebels, I hope BOTH are the beardLESS variety. Most of the Hoth Rebel Soldiers WERE beardless, so it would make sense.

No I wonder what the price of these will be? The AT-ST set I see going for $50, since the recent AT-ST was $45 or so. That turret set should only be about $30 though. But I can see Hasbro milking it for $50. THAT would bite and make me hold off on buying more than one.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 09:28 PM »
I hope/expect they put more stuff in the Rebel box.  A turret and two figures against an AT-ST and two figures? No contest if the prices are the same.

That Turret is... nice, I guess?  But it's no contest against the AT-ST as far as toy awesomeness goes.  Unless it's the old AT-ST... and really, even then, still no contest.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 11:16 PM »
That turret is amazing in my opinion... doesn't stack up next to the new AT-ST though in terms of value.  I hope they also add in something else to that set to spice it up.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2010, 01:12 AM »
I wonder why Hasbro's keeping these UBPs almost strictly related to the Hoth battle. I would like to see more of these, but maybe covering EU scenes/battles.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2010, 02:24 AM »
I'd take 1 of the new HOth Turret to 3 of the old AT-ST.

Hell, I traded my AT-ST away from the last Hoth UBP.

I'm down for both of those sets, though I'll probably buy more of the Rebel set than the Imperial one depending on the price...  I only have one of the Rebel Turrets, and would like 3 or more (more would be nice).  That's an item I've wanted more of since I got the first one, at a hopefully lower price for "army building" it.  It's to-scale, fairly detailed (outside anyway).  Can't beat it.

The AT-ST I'm into, but the only thing that deters me is that the Hoth AT-ST has pretty significant differences in terms of the two models, and so I'm only into getting one because of that.  I cannot fathom them altering the sculpt at all on that, and I have a number of the WM one now, so I'm ok with just one Hoth decoed one I think then...  unless there's some huge surprise in that set.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2010, 09:28 AM »
Both sound great and both sound like multi-purchase potential.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2010, 11:25 AM »
Both sound like a pile of slightly repainted repacks to me.

If there's nothing new, it's an easy pass.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2010, 11:31 AM »
I wonder why Hasbro's keeping these UBPs almost strictly related to the Hoth battle. I would like to see more of these, but maybe covering EU scenes/battles.

When you think about big land battles in the OT, there's really not much Imperial/Rebel related outside of Hoth and Endor.  Though I do agree, it would be cool seeing something EU related...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2010, 12:08 PM »
If there's nothing new, it's an easy pass.

That's what is so frustrating to me.  I'm know I'm going to be stupid and shell out $35-40 for the Rebel set just to finally get that beardless Hoth Rebel variant.  Same for the Imperial set if the rumors pan out and the AT-ST Driver is a new sculpt.   ::)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 12:09 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2010, 01:35 AM »
Yeah... there will be tons of extra BP pieces on eBay cheap from people shelling out for the new figures and selling the rest.  Which is probably what I'll be stuck doing.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2010, 07:35 AM »
Yeah... there will be tons of extra BP pieces on eBay cheap from people shelling out for the new figures and selling the rest.  Which is probably what I'll be stuck doing.

I'll buy your turret from you!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2010, 07:20 PM »
I'll buy your turret from you!

Depends what the actual product looks like... if it's retooled or painted differently, I'll probably keep it.  Check with me when they show up though.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2010, 11:11 PM »
Going to be pretty pissed if that AT-ST set is priced anything less than $43.96. Although is it confirmed that they're using the new sculpt? I can kinda see them using the old one.

Although I'm definitely down for a few of the turret sets, depending on two things: 1) Price and 2) If the beardless Hoth Trooper is included.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2010, 02:08 AM »
I'll PROBABLY be buying extra Turrets and figures from the sets too...  again though much like Rob it will depend on seeing the product and how good it is.

If the two figures are something special, the price is right, and the turret is what we assume it is, I'm geeked to buy a couple of these sets, and I'd be actually pretty happy seeing some of the Turret floating around alone for sale.  Love that turret.  One of my favorite larger modern pieces that isn't a vehicle.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2010, 10:43 AM »
Although is it confirmed that they're using the new sculpt? I can kinda see them using the old one.

Hasbro already said we'd be getting a Hoth deco repaint of last year's WM armpit sweat version this year so I personally can't see both versions of a Hoth AT-ST being out in the same year, but it is the 30th anniversary of ESB so who knows..
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN