Author Topic: Target "Attack on/Defense of Hoth" Big BPs  (Read 80755 times)

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Larger Hoth Battle Packs
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2010, 01:42 PM »
The more ESB/Hoth goodies, the better.  I'd buy both packs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2010, 02:22 PM »
I've got three turrets right now already from the 2007 set, two of which are in a Hoth dio... the other I've got in a random fan fiction diorama surrounded by a 6-man squad of Kota'a Militia Rebels.  I could definitely use another turret or two for stuff like that... also I wouldn't mind creating a blast hole in one from battle damage.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2010, 01:33 PM »
Interesting how Hasbro brings up the Ion Cannon when AFI didn't even ask about it.

Q2) Will Hasbro ever re-issue the ULTIMATE HOTH PLAYSET (debuted at Target) or will we they just re-issue the HOTH REBEL TURRET?

A2)  The Ultimate Battle Pack as it was originally released will not be coming back.  Instead, there will be a new configuration including the Turret and some other new bits.  Don’t get your hopes up for an Ion Cannon, though…we looked at this a few years back and it was simply too massive to be done for something that was not a vehicle.

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2010, 04:35 PM »
It's been asked before, so they're maybe nipping that in the bud.  People have asked for it a couple times I think.  ???
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 06:07 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2010, 06:07 PM »
The Big-Ass Cannon & Turret set looks great! Gonna have to pick up more than just two of that one.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2010, 06:15 PM »
I shouldn't be so ticked off about these sets but I am. AT-ST with a bunch of cool stuff for nearly the same price as last year. Spending a tone of money just to get the beardless Hoth Soldier. Probably only going to pick up the Rebel set.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2010, 06:32 PM »
Lame on giving us yet another bearded Hoth Trooper...they could have at least gone with a mustachioed one :-[

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2010, 06:33 PM »
I'm done for the rebel set for sure if I ever actually see these, but meh on the Imperial one. I don't need another At-ST.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2010, 07:09 PM »
I'll buy both, but I'm already on board for multiples of the Rebel set...  If people don't want their turret, hit me up.  Same on the bearded trooper.

I'd have preferred a non-bearded guy too, but I also dig the diversity.

The radar cannon looks, to me, much too large btw.  The POTF2 one, I think, is pretty accurately scaled.  So this one, I may have extras of.  I'm going to compare, but I think they really put that on steroids, I dunno.

Love that turret though, and want multiples.  Always have. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2010, 07:24 PM »
I'll buy both as well.  Nice to see some actual value in these exclusives so far - and at decent prices.  Wasn't there a radar canon thing in the POTF2 days?  I'm drawing a blank for some reason.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2010, 07:26 PM »
I feel the money leaving my wallet just looking at these. These sets are perfect! I'm game for two or three of the Rebel Set, and at least two of the Imp set. And if clearance rolls around... well, I'll just say that space might become a major issue.

And the VTAC Snowtrooper has popped up quite a bit since 2007. The only reason for one to NOT have a small army of these guys is that they don't WANT one. I'm happy to have yet another opportunity to army build this great figure.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2010, 07:26 PM »
I'll buy both as well.  Nice to see some actual value in these exclusives so far - and at decent prices.  Wasn't there a radar canon thing in the POTF2 days?  I'm drawing a blank for some reason.   :-\

There was, but this appears to be an all-new sculpt.  I'm liking that piece quite a bit.  It seems like it may be significantly larger than the POTF2 radar laser cannon.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2010, 10:05 PM »
Ok, so the more I think about these, the more I like them. Definitely going to make the Rebel set priority though.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2010, 10:37 PM »
My only gripes are the AT-ST Driver and non Bearded Trooper are only 1 per set. I am getting three of each! These are great!

I have so much old stuff to purge now! Bye-Bye remaining POTF2 stuff.....
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/