Author Topic: Saga 2004 - Predictions  (Read 12770 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Saga 2004 - Predictions
« on: July 10, 2003, 10:53 AM »
Although the majority of us still haven't found the 2003 figures, I thought it might be fun to predict what we might see in 2004...using what knowledge/rumors we have heard, as well as Hasbro's past tendencies.  There are a few figures which we are pretty sure we know we are getting: Jedi Luke, the Fan's Choice winners, Jabba the Hutt?, and some others that I am probably forgetting...but what do you personally think we could see.  Following the pattern of having the main characters have a version each year, we might be able to break down which version we might see.  For example...

Luke Skywalker:
--We just had an X-Wing version in POTJ, as well as Bacta Tank.  We had a Stormtrooper version (although scene-specific) this year.  We had a Bespin version in Saga, as well as an upcoming rehash of a Tatooine version.  There is also a re-release of the POTF2 Hoth Luke on tap for this year in one of the figure packs.  We are getting a Jedi one this year, and another (hopefully ultimate) version next year some time.  That might be the Luke we get next year, other possibilities include Dagobah and Endor (although I doubt we'll see two from ROTJ in the same year)

Han Solo:
--Well, we have the commtech one re-released this year, a Hoth version this year, an Endor version (without the coat) last year, and a great Bespin version from POTJ.  We also had the stormtrooper version from the screen scene (although scene-specific).  One version I could think of that might be a possibility is a carbonite Han, with the possible focus on Jabba's palace coming up, and a remake being needed?)

Chewie:
--Not sure what else could be done with Chewie, but a lot of that is the fact that I think the Cloud City one is superb.  I know Hasbro likes to release Chewies, so maybe a new Boussh's bounty one is a possibility.  Or, they might just wait another year, because I'm sure we'll get an Episode III version.

R2-D2:
--There always seems to be an R2 around, I'm hoping for a drink-tray version...again with the rumored ROTJ theme for part of next year.

C-3PO:
--Other than the one-time rumored Ewok diety one, I don't know if we will see one or not.  I think I also read at one point there might be a Jabba's palace version (slimy?), but I don't know if that is true or not.  Either one would be fine, again, we will probably get a version with Episode III the following year, if that makes a difference.

Leia:
--a few options with Leia, she actually hasn't been seen in awhile.  We are getting the re-release ANH (new likeness) version this year, as well as the one that was in the screen scene, so I'm thinking probably not another ANH version.  A bespin gown Leia would be welcome, and is probably needed somewhat.  We had a ROTJ leia in POTJ (General, as well as Slave), although the General one was not a big favorite.  An Endor Leia, or a Boussh Leia are also possibilities?

Vader:
--Again, Vader has had most versions done already, but we will most likely see another next year...and maybe in Episode III, we will see this outfit?  I'm not sure what would be a good option, maybe you guys have better opinions.  One without an action feature is fine with me :).

Lando:
--Personally, I'd like to see a skiff guard redo...or even a general one.  I was happy with the Bespin one from POTJ, although it is kind of action-posed.  Lando in Han's outfit might be another idea.

Obi-Wan/Mace Windu:
--I'm putting them together, because we could probably use more basic versions of both of these figures (prequel-wise).  However, we have gotten several versions of each over the past year...and there is a pretty nice Mace coming up in the Screen Scene the way it looks.

Yoda:
--Again, we've had quite a few lately.  Only one I'd really like to see is a new sculpt OT version.  I think they could make one much better than the POTF2 days now.

Well, this is getting long, but I just wanted to throw a few ideas out there.  What are some of your predictions for 2004?  Like I mentioned earlier, I have seen rumors of a ROTJ/Jabba's palace focus for at least part of the year, but who knows if we will see that or not.  We are supposedly getting a little "2004 preview" at Comic-Con next week, so maybe that will shed a little light on things.  I was just curious to see some of your thoughts.  I didn't mention any beasts or vehicles, but feel welcome if you have any ideas.  Thanks, and sorry for the long post :).

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Saga 2004 - Predictions
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 12:50 PM »
Well the rumored list I remember is the following:

Jabba the Hutt
Skiff Master Weequay
Chief Chirpa
Bib Fortuna
C-3PO (Palace)
Cloud Car Pilot
Stass Allie
General Crix Madine
Leia (Bespin Gown)
Luke (Palace)
General Dodonna
Captain Antilles
CZ-1 - Accesory Pack

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2003, 12:56 PM »
Thanks Darth Broem!  I remembered that list, but wasn't sure where it was at right off hand.  Since I was at work, I didn't want to take the time to find it  :P.  Thanks for posting it, I'd be happy if we got all of those figures listed :).

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2003, 04:26 PM »
Actually I am going by memory on that list and just added the Fan Choice winners and Jabba rumor.  So, it may not be 100% correct.  There may have been one or two figures I forgot.  

I have also heard rumblings about a baby Ewok with mother figure.  But I have not seen it on an actual list.  

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2003, 08:53 PM »
Anything NEW would be great.  That means brand new figures... figures that have never been done before.  I'm sick of the re-hashes.  There are soooo many characters that have never been done before, and it's about time Hasbro made some of those characters into figures.

But, if Hasbro insists on doing re-hashes, please make it a re-hash that's worth buying.
dustrho

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2003, 12:54 AM »
There will be more repacks, for sure.  And there will be figures back from the grave.  I bet the cancelled Vader from the POTJ CD Rom set pops up somewhere next year, in addition to (hopefully at long last) those long lost Trophy figures Obi Wan Swimming and OOM-9.

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2003, 02:58 PM »
Here's a list of stuff I had posted when I was over at TradeFederation.net...

As you can see some stuff is actually coming to fruition this year (Passel, Dignitaries), and that post was made far before any "official" confirmations from Hasbro.

Or even before any Hunters or Rebel Scum had "mentioned"...  ;)

Of course any of that stuff can get the axe, or pushed... but as of last talk w/ the person that gave me that info most was still on lists... or a go.

Some other things that we might be in for is a new Y-Wing, reissue on the Falcon... A new Falcon was talked of but at this point wouldn't be cost effective for Hasbro to go w/.

Let's hope the economy can turn around and we might get something newer... but here's to hoping...

Also this stuff is not nesscessarily all for 2004 though much is being talked about for next year.

I know people are wondering about the Sandcrawler... and from what I hear we should still see this piece... but for now it's on "hold".

I believe the 2nd series accessory sets have taken the axe, but even the person supplying the info to me is still not 100% sure on those...

To be continued...

Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2003, 03:11 PM »
Psst, Jimmy you forgot to post your list (giddy with excitement)

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2003, 04:00 PM »
LOL

DOH!!! Damn my bad here's the post I had made in early FEB of this year...

TradeFed post!

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2003, 06:02 PM »
Just a general question.  Do you know if the Weequay is supposed to be a resculpt of the previous version or the Skiff Master version (yellow jacketed weequay)?  

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2003, 10:48 PM »
The Weequay is said to be "new"... but new to Hasbro and new to us is quite different  ;)

I mean the Saga Cantina Han and company are "new" in their books  ;D

Anything I find out I'll share w/ ya.

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Bespin_refugee

• Youngling
  • "Intensify forward firepower! TOO LATE!! AAAAAHHH
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2003, 01:30 AM »
Personally, I'd be happy with a series of interconnecting Falcon 'playsets (sort of like "The Simpsons") I don't know if/ or which figures would be included, but, I'd go with something like...
Cockpit  8)
holochess / lightsaber training
repair bay/ Han and Leia's kiss (ESB)
medical bay /lift
gunner station

as far as Obi-Wan is concerned, I'd like to see a ANH cloak with no hood (deluxe? w/ tractor beam console?)

deluxe: I also wish they'd continue what they started w/ movie 'accuracy'. How about...
Death star  Gunner w/ cannon (once rumored)
Ackbar w/ command chair
Amidala w/ throne
(I posted a lot of these in the Movie wish lists)

Offline Simdog

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2003, 10:22 AM »
Where is Boba Binks?  He used to giveout pretty reliable info.  I'd like to hear what his sources have said.  Binks!  Can you hear me?  I like the list so far, but I sure would like to see a new Lando General or Ewok celebration.  I would love these:

Hermi Odle
Biggs (Academy Uniform)
General Riekeen
General Veers w/ holo Vader

Speaking of Jabba's Palace, Hasbro should do screen sceens for Jabbas Palace and the Cantina next year.  That way we would at least get 8 new/never before made figures.  I'd like to see the following in the Jabba's palace sets:

Hermi Odle
Gargan
Toothface

Cane Adiss
Bubo
Sgt. Doyllan (sp)

for the Cantina, I would like to see:

Tonnika sisters (I know)

Dice Ibegon
Dannick Jerrico
Gotal

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2003, 10:52 AM »
OK here's some more "rumored" info I have received in the last week or so...

Jabba on his dais... maybe put on hold. The contact I have w/ in Hong Kong was not sure if this was definite or even the reason why... he was given the word on this and was he'd know more info soon.

I am still praying this isn't the case... but nothing we can do but wait it out and see.

Also to answer Simdog...

There is a Hermie Odle on Hasbro internal lists. As of now it has not made it past those lists... and honestly a lot has made th list and never seen the light of day.
Though the source in Hong Kong is fairly certain we will see Ephant's counterpart.

There was talk of doing some Jabba screen scenes and incorporating Hermie in that way... as well as re-releasing Ephant that way. Nothing again has evolved out of the talk on those as of yet...

Next year is/was due to be a bigger focus on Return... as you can see by the list I posted in that link to the Trade Fed. There was also talk of a Gam Guard w/ Bubo... though the Gam Guard went off to the Target set.

Now w/ those most likely not coming out could the Gam Guard be back as a single carded figure?

Or could it be included in another talked about Jabba's four pack (i.e. Imperial and Hoth TRU sets)?

There is also talk of some Cantina screen scenes and as of now at the very least one looks like a definite possibility... Banniss Keeg is said to be one inclusion... and details on his company of two are still in the air.

Of course remember that throughout the years the line has been going much has come and gone...
Does anyone know there was going to be another Bespin playset? And it actually reached a kit bash prototype stage...

Hasbro changes their minds more than any woman I know ;)

The info I receive is usually very early... and many times coems from an internal source. That's the reasoning why it's hard to say for sure that something is a definite because Hasbro does put hold on things... or in so cases nixes them all together.

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Simdog

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2003, 01:54 PM »
Good info Jimmy.  Thanks!