Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread  (Read 149425 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread
« on: May 1, 2010, 08:33 AM »
I was excited to see the preview for Season 3 last night.  My biggest thought right out of the bat is if they are trying to set up the death of Padawan Tano? 

It was so short I need to rewatch it a few times

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 1, 2010, 04:54 PM »
My biggest thought right out of the bat is if they are trying to set up the death of Padawan Tano? 

I must have totally missed that in the preview.  Is this the last season?  I figured they'd wait until then to kill her off...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 3, 2010, 11:51 AM »
For anyone wanting to re-watch the short preview, I see that the the Official Site has it up now.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 3, 2010, 02:15 PM »
Do ratings even factor into whether this show gets renewed? Or is it just subsidized by some kind of merchandising agreement?

I love that it's coming back, but even the most successful network shows don't usually get a firm renewal until late May/early June.

There was barely anything in the Preview worth commenting on, it was so short.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: May 3, 2010, 08:52 PM »
I feel like it was maybe less Ahsoka's getting offed and more Ahsoka's sensing the negative outcomes in the near future.  I mean, the Clone Wars only last 3 years I guess, so it seems like she could be feeling the impending doom of everyone, and not just herself.

It was very weird though.  It wasn't like last year to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 07:49 PM »
Late response here... but I feel that showing impending doom in the next season would be a good way to go.  I mean, we all know the way the whole thing ends.  Personally, I feel it would be best to kill off Ashoka, but have a couple ways it could be done:

1) It happens sometime before ROTS in the general timeframe, her death results from something that Anakin feels he could have prevented, and through his sadness for Tano's loss, he gets pulled closer to the dark side.  (I see this as somehow being the most likely scenario).

2) Tano survives up to the general ROTS timeframe and the last couple of episodes take place while the events in ROTS unfold, but offer us a different view of what was going on elsewhere besides Coruscant, Utapau, and Mustafar.  After some brave and very intense fight scenes, she gets whacked by the clones during the Order 66 purge.  Ideally, it would be Captain Rex that would shoot her, just to hit home the tragedy and make all those clone-loving pre-teen viewers cry :P

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 08:39 PM »

I'm already antsy for Season 3.  ARC Troopers, finally making an appearance?

I wish we'd see the Republic Commandoes jump in too, but that seems less likely.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 09:03 PM »
Tano survives up to the general ROTS timeframe and the last couple of episodes take place while the events in ROTS unfold, but offer us a different view of what was going on elsewhere besides Coruscant, Utapau, and Mustafar.  After some brave and very intense fight scenes, she gets whacked by the clones during the Order 66 purge.  Ideally, it would be Captain Rex that would shoot her, just to hit home the tragedy and make all those clone-loving pre-teen viewers cry :P

A sidestory as to what happens w/ the rest of the galaxy during ROTS would be so great, because it also adds that extra "something" to the bigger story (of Anakin). Just because TCW is a kiddy-targeted show, I'm going to guess that Ahsoka won't be killed off, because, well, how many kids around the world are going to cry when they see Ahsoka get shot in the back? I'm guessing that her fate will be unknown: she'll survive Order 66 (maybe by killing Rex?), and disappear totally from any other EU sources (like Ventress did).
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 11:19 PM »
I thought with the episode with the AWOL Clone that they were setting up the possibility of Rex disobeying Order 66.

Much like Jedi surviving the order, I can see SOME Clones disobeying the order.  If it were going to happen, I think Rex may be one of the ones that does.  Then again he's in the 501st, so maybe he's just drenched in Jedi guts after the order, who knows?  ;)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 03:40 AM »
Another Season 3 Preview!

SPOILERS:

Something of interest is the voice of Aurra Sing in the beginning telling someone that Ahsoka will die and there's nothing anybody can do about it. Hmm...

Cad Bane and Obi-Wan lightsaber dueling - with bane using a green lightsaber! Ahsoka's?

Clone trooper training simulations!

Seargent Bric even makes an appearance - he trains shinies on Kamino (as revealed also on SDCC's Hasbro presentation)!

TODO 360 is back!!

I cannot wait for this season. Season 2 broke off with Season 1's more "kiddy" action feel, and even got a little darker. Well, it looks like Season 3 is going more forward with this break-off.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2010, 08:12 PM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2010, 11:17 PM »
I hope to catch most of this season on TV, as I'm sick of being a year behind on this show. (I wait for the DVDs)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 6, 2010, 12:00 PM »

TODO 360 is back!!

As what - rubble? he was blown to bits in last year's season opener, wasn't he?

The writers of '24' even think that's a stretch...LOL

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 6, 2010, 08:12 PM »
Well, he's right here in the preview, back to working for the guy who blew him up. Go figure.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 8, 2010, 07:38 PM »
Interesting that Ventress and Grievous will finally share a scene together.

They can debate who is more incompetent and cowardly.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 8, 2010, 09:14 PM »
You know, Ventress has LONG since outlived her usefulness. Every second they extend her life is a further affront to the Sith Rule of 2. The Galaxy just ain't big enough for her, Palps, and Dooku. I thought they were all about the Master and Apprentice?

Tartakovsky had the right idea with her all along - a quick exit.