Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread  (Read 149476 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread
« Reply #405 on: February 23, 2011, 09:15 AM »
I realize it would be too violent for this show, but I really, really wish they would show him actually ripping someone's arms out of their sockets. Chewie comes off as too cuddly in the movies I think, I would dig some actual wookie-rage.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 23, 2011, 02:02 PM »
I realize it would be too violent for this show, but I really, really wish they would show him actually ripping someone's arms out of their sockets. Chewie comes off as too cuddly in the movies I think, I would dig some actual wookie-rage.

They could be Battle Droids... or better yet, Commando and Super Battle Droids. No one cares if a droid is maimed.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 23, 2011, 02:08 PM »
And yet one more clip about the Chewie episode(s).  This one has the same "intro" of Chewbacca, but also some behind the scenes stuff with Filoni and Peter Mayhew as they developed the character for CW.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 2, 2011, 10:02 AM »
Nice!  I live seeing Chewbacca in the Clone Wars series.  Finally we get to see him beat up some Trandoshans.  I was kind of hoping we would see Wookies taking on Trandoshans in ROTS when they were battling the droids. 

Can a little Han Solo be too far behind?  I know people are going to be upset if he shows up but I wouldn't doubt it. 

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 3, 2011, 04:16 AM »
Hopefully no Han Solo in the CW series however good to see Chewie kicking around Trandoshans.
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 5, 2011, 10:39 AM »
about episode 19 of season 3: they bring back the concept of anti air craft turrets from the video games, so it was the way the commando droid hit Anakin and Piel´s stap, plus this turret hit the stationed shuttle.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #411 on: March 5, 2011, 04:33 PM »
ANother good episode last night...RIP Echo :-[

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 5, 2011, 06:40 PM »
Not a bad episode at all.  The commando droids with the shields were interesting.  Things just keep getting worse and worse for the clones and Jedi...  Sad to see Echo die, but interesting to see Tarkin and Anakin start to agree a little more on some key issues and start building their relationship.  I'll be interested to see how they're all going to escape in next weeks episode.  Obviously we know at least three of the characters make it out and into the later films ;)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 6, 2011, 04:53 AM »
Obviously Tarkin and Anakin agreeing as they do on screen is part and parcel with the fact that Tarkin will become a major player in the Empire in his own way as will Anakin do so in his way.

Hopefully means some elaboration on Tarkin in the series will occur,he's a character who can be expanded on easily and not having a major Canon consistency to have to be adhered to.
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 6, 2011, 04:32 PM »
I would have appreciated Ahsoka somehow dying in this arc, being that this place is freakin' hell to get out of... maybe a dramatic stand-off where the warden captures her as a hostage and holds her at gunpoint in front of Anakin... but, obviously, she's in the Season 3 finale... ::) 
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 8, 2011, 11:42 AM »
I didn't have much of a reaction either way to this EP. It didn't strike me as particularly good or bad, just sort of filler.

Dooku makes me laugh. You're trying to secure information that could turn the tide of the war, and you entrust the whole operation to a bunch of droids and that goofy ass warden? Damn right that needs your personal attention.

They'd be better off just nuking the planet from orbit to insure that the Republic never got that information either.

Lots of good toy fodder from this arc though, would love some animated probe droids and those commando battle droids with the shields.

The Citdel would make for a hella cool playset too.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 9, 2011, 10:28 PM »
I think it's getting old though that Dooku keeps saying (something like) "turning the tide of the war." He's said the very same thing in a couple of episodes already.

It was an interesting episode, but at this point they're just stretching it out as filler. We already know who lives in the end, so I don't think there's really need to keep this arc going on for so long, unless there's a surprise planned for the final episode of the arc.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 10, 2011, 11:28 AM »
Dooku makes me laugh. You're trying to secure information that could turn the tide of the war, and you entrust the whole operation to a bunch of droids and that goofy ass warden? Damn right that needs your personal attention.

Whether it's intentional or not on the part of the writers, I chalk this up to the fact that Dooku and Sidious are truly just playing both sides for their own gains. They really don't care who "wins" and if you think about - Sidious really doesn't want the CIS to win, he wants to be in the position as chancellor to reform the Republic into an Empire and become Emperor - it would have to work slightly differently if the CIS wins the war....

So the CIS is really just making enough "noise" in the galaxy to make the war drag on, which in turn allows for the Republic to point the finger at the Jedi for causing the war to linger. I thought the fact that Tarkin pointed that out in this episode and that Anakin agreed with him was probably the most important piece of dialog in the entire episode.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 10, 2011, 12:45 PM »
Given the sheer numbers of battle droids and the ability to produce more daily compared to the growing time of clone and training time of Jedi, the CIS probably could've won the war if the whole conflict hadn't been engineered by the Sith.

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 11, 2011, 03:55 AM »
Whether it's intentional or not on the part of the writers, I chalk this up to the fact that Dooku and Sidious are truly just playing both sides for their own gains. They really don't care who "wins" and if you think about - Sidious really doesn't want the CIS to win, he wants to be in the position as chancellor to reform the Republic into an Empire and become Emperor - it would have to work slightly differently if the CIS wins the war....

So the CIS is really just making enough "noise" in the galaxy to make the war drag on, which in turn allows for the Republic to point the finger at the Jedi for causing the war to linger. I thought the fact that Tarkin pointed that out in this episode and that Anakin agreed with him was probably the most important piece of dialog in the entire episode.

This

Bob Hope