Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread  (Read 149500 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread
« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2010, 08:17 PM »
Or this is their way of making us quickly forget last week.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #121 on: October 12, 2010, 08:42 PM »
It might be, but if it's all intertwined, it makes a bit more sense then...  The smuggling/underworld tie-in, exposed by Padme/Satine, Ahsoka investigates at their request and it gets more interesting.

It's really amazing how the series has taken Aurra Sing and made her infinitely more interesting than she ever was before...  I mean, she's just really creepy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #122 on: October 12, 2010, 10:10 PM »
Or this is their way of making us quickly forget last week.

My guess: I think the last three episodes will be a dream sequence like Dallas. Asoka wakes up from the nightmare of watching them and then they go back to the instant gratification formula of episodes that have lots of fights with a little plot. As soon as she wakes up she fights Aurra in a lightsaber duel gets offed and we will all care again.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 12, 2010, 10:20 PM »
[As soon as she wakes up she fights Aurra in a lightsaber duel gets offed and we will all care again.

I hope we see Aurra actually use a lightsaber in this series. To 1. make her cooler, and 2. to remind us that she was once a Jedi.

It sucks that the crew is very limited in what secrets that can reveal in this "Secrets Revealed" season since we already know what happens right after the Clone Wars.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 12, 2010, 10:42 PM »
Yeah, I'm looking forward to more Aurra, they have done her justice and then some.

Not much to surmise from the trailer, seems like one of those "double dream sequences" ala Friday the 13th or something.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 13, 2010, 08:46 AM »
My guess: I think the last three episodes will be a dream sequence like Dallas.

that got a big lol out of me.

I think I am missing something, on the main page of jd.com there is mention of 3-d, are we talking actual 3-d or just what we are calling the show?

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2010, 05:03 AM »
I prefer to think of this Greedo as Greedo Sr. rather than the dude from ANH. I suppose in the big picture it isn't really that big a deal though. I thought the blue people episode was ok as well, though I couldn't help but think it was kind of suck uppish, with how invincible and brilliant they made Papanoida. I missed last weeks though I don't mind the occasional political intrigue episode, although they have demonstrated in the past that they can do these types of episodes and still maintain a certain level of action/adventure.

On another note, after watching the first two clone centric episodes this season, I must say I'd really like to see some of the final episodes of the series take place during Order 66/the purge. The clones in this show are so much more than the faceless  duplicates from the prequels, it'd be really interesting to see order 66 from their point of view. I'm sure some of them weren't that keen on the order, maybe had doubts but followed the order anyway and have to live with that, or maybe some desert. Lots of interesting places they could go with those stories.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2010, 12:11 PM »
Once again you are dead on with your CW post, you are also dead on with the clones. I was sad to see the defect clone die, he was very likable and created an emotional attachment for only being in two episodes, you even felt more for Hevy. The Papanodia episode was so suck uppish it was "pukeish" and what was the point of stuffing Greedo in it? As I mentioned, this weeks upcoming episode looks like another stinker so I really hope it picks up after this one. They are seriously wasting episodes on political nonsense and honestly if they is any minor snippet that ties to a later episode it's going to be some minor thing that is not worth it. So far every time I see Padme in an upcoming episode I know it's going to be a bore. So far it's been all too true.

I seriously would rather watch a half hour episode that is 100% fighting with little plot like last seasons Geonosian assault. It lead up to something bigger but it was mostly showing a brutal battle that makes for great toys.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 15, 2010, 01:18 AM »
I'd be very happy if there was a 1-hour series finale which showed the effects on the clones of Order 66. There's no way they could have just shot down their buddies without a second thought - or is there? It would be very interesting to see Bly's reacton after he shoots Aayla in the back.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 15, 2010, 05:45 AM »
McMetal on October 12, 2010, 11:08 AM

They need to establish once and for all whether Jango is a Mandalorian or not. This series would be an excellent place to explore his backstory. (Yes, I'm sure some dweeb comic book writer has already created a backstory, but nevermind that)

Why is he the only swarthy looking Mando with an Australian accent?

Temuera Morrison is a New Zealander and not Australian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temuera_Morrison
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 05:46 AM by 501ST »
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 15, 2010, 11:24 AM »
Temuera Morrison is a New Zealander and not Australian.

Same difference - unless you're from there.  ;D

Tonight - The Academy

Tired of epic space battles? Cool looking aliens? Action?

Wish they would spend more time on human kids getting into all kids of family friendly mischief?

Then tonight's snooze fest is for you!

Savage Oppress can't get here quick enough...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 15, 2010, 05:47 PM »
Savage Oppress can't get here quick enough...

I know, huh? As a huge fan of Asajj Ventress, I can't wait for the story arc revolving around her. I think we can all expect the episodes revolving around her and the intro of Savage to be darker-themed and more dramatic. Hopefully they aren't meant for the Season 3 finale.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 15, 2010, 10:52 PM »
Based on last year's season 2 preview (Remember Death Watch Mandos being shown?) , we can expect Oppress to appear in February.

Tonight's episode wasn't as bad as I figured, but still the weakest story arc yet.

Also, didn't there use to be male heroes on this show? I mean, beside Corky the plucky Mandalorian cadet.  :P

To the show's brainwashing credit. I almost want a Mandalorian police officer figure now...except the lack of knee joints still blows.

Next week....Aurra's got a different look. I smell a future repaint figure.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 10:53 PM by scockery »

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 16, 2010, 03:04 AM »
Last night's episode wasn't that bad, actually, but it wasn't the most exciting, either. Next week's episode will be great.

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 16, 2010, 01:09 PM »
Yes,there's been more than enough "sitting on hands" episodes.
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope