Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread  (Read 149467 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread
« Reply #135 on: October 17, 2010, 06:59 PM »
Last night's episode wasn't that bad, actually, but it wasn't the most exciting, either. Next week's episode will be great.

I hope next week will be good.  This one wasn't as bad, but ya - nothing special about a bunch of kids running around trying to discover where there food is....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 18, 2010, 10:25 AM »
Next week....Aurra's got a different look. I smell a future repaint figure.

I noticed that too - and I would gladly purchase any repaints of this character they would like to make. Git r done Hasbro.

Glad to see they are headed back towards something remotely interesting next week. These last 2 episodes have been painfully dull.

The only thing missing from Friday night's episode was the cranky old Prime Minister complaining that he "would have gotten away with it too, if not for those meddling kids!"  ::)

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #137 on: October 18, 2010, 10:48 AM »
I thought Friday sucked and my kids quit watching about half way through

Yawn

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2010, 10:51 AM »
I didn't get to watch last week or this week's episodes until Saturday night and I have the same "meh" reaction.  It was certainly better than watching Dora the Explorer, but sub-par for the Clone Wars.  Two things to comment on really though:

First, why did Lucas mess with Mandalore?  I've read all of Karen Traviss' books and think that the backstory she developed fit better with the other EU.  (Isn't that a bit of circular logic on my part?) Plus, it could have fit within the story that the Clone Wars was telling (the hiring of mercenaries/bounty hunters to train the clones, clones being individuals with varying motivations, etc.).  I think that most of the story that has taken place on Mandalore could have easily been transposed to nearly any other system; which would have left intact the Traviss story.

Second, I'm hoping there is a big pay off to the Mandalore episodes.  Dutchess Satine needs to do something big.  Unless she's been manipulating everything to take out her political opposition and cement power for herself so she can join the Separatists (perhaps Obi-Wan could be torn between what he has to do to defend the Republic and not wanting to fight against Satine, who he loves; but NOT as a brother..), I'm going to be disappointed.

To me, and clearly most of the older viewers of TCW, the Mandalorian episodes are largely a diversion from most other episodes.  So without a reason to focus on mandalore (aside from selling Pre Viszla figures), I don't see a lot of point in Lucas messing with what was a fairly well fleshed out area of EU.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2010, 01:25 PM »
First, why did Lucas mess with Mandalore?  I've read all of Karen Traviss' books and think that the backstory she developed fit better with the other EU.

I had read somewhere that Karen Traviss won't be writing anymore "Star Wars" novels because the TCW show's depiction of Mandalore and culture conflicts with the material she had written. Keep in mind her material came first.

I was hoping (not to be sadistic) that Satine would die in last Friday's episode. It'd fit into the episode just fine, IMO, but it would also make way for some possibly better story arcs (a vengeful Obi-Wan, maybe, since he once had a relationship with her). I'm hoping that it turns out she's also a corrupt leader who's been trying to gain power. That would  be epic!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2010, 05:18 PM »
I agree that CWs has ruined the whole lore of Mandalore culture that we knew prior. They made them so normal it's sickening. I always thought of them as a cross between Klingon Clans and Marines. A Warrior class culture with the honor and military prowess of the Marines with that well known discipline. Now they are just another planet like Naboo. The Mando armor is just armor. They really took all of the mystique away. They are a culture with goofy head dresses like the Naboo while loving their tainted soft drinks. even the royal guards do not resemble Mandos. There is just no connection other than the name.

This season has been so terrible thus far, I do not see how kids will stay engaged if they continue with the political drama. My DVR did not tape the preview of next weeks episode so I really hope it's better that what we be given since the premiere (The only two episodes I liked so far). I am actually losing interest in the show. I am even shocked at that.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2010, 05:28 PM »
Remember, most of what we're seeing on Mandalore takes place in the capital city of Sundari, which is run by the New Mandalorians. The warrior Mandos are banished to the moon Mandalore's moon, Concordia, which we only got to see briefly last season. I have hope the season will turn around starting next week.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2010, 06:02 PM »
I have hope the season will turn around starting next week.

Are you saying you find my lack of faith disturb...ahhhkkkkk........

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2010, 10:12 PM »
I think he's saying that, even though Pre Viszla is a total tool, you need to start cheering for him and his Death Watch pals to bring the 'boom' back to Mandalore.

I loved the Death Watch stuff last season and was hoping they'd pop up as a bigger baddie in this story... but it's been all tainted soda and scooby-doo gang kids so far.  Like Jayson, I'm secretly hoping that next week we find out that Aurra/Death Watch/someone has been setting this all up as some sort of trap.  Back in Season Two, Palps/Dooku told Pre Viszla to have patience and they'd help topple Mandalore to put Death Watch in charge and on the Separtists side... I'd love for all of this to be a means to that end.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2010, 11:09 PM »
I am with you but even if these episodes were a buildup they have played around with it for too many episodes. Do the set up in one an move one. At the end of the day it's a cartoon for kids, these episodes will not hold their attention must let adults. I have to find this weeks trailer. I hope it takes off and does not land from here. We are about 33% through the season already they have no more time to waste.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #145 on: October 19, 2010, 01:28 AM »
My grandmother was in a home for a while called Concordia.  I saw no Mando's there.

Plop me in the crowd that, after last week's episode especially, I'm really thoroughly bored right now.  I really hope they get their **** together because I love the series and the last two episodes were, to me, almost unbearable.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 20, 2010, 12:34 AM »
The Official Site put up a new preview for the episode. Pretty cool. Aurra Sing in all-black? I have to agree that a repaint is in order.

I haven't thought about the fact that the characters have presumed she was killed when Slave I went down in the Season 2 finale. WE knew she wasn't dead (since she shows up later many times), but everyone else thinks she's dead.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 20, 2010, 09:44 AM »
Nice little preview, and it looks pretty cool - hopefully we'll get a return to that Clone Warsy goodness after the relative snoozefest of the past few weeks (with a few high points).  Aurra Sing is one character that I think has really benefitted from the CW series.  I think they've made her pretty cool, and is maybe another example of a character that could have had an expanded role in one or more of the prequels, instead of some of the other villains that were used/killed/replaced so quickly.  It is always difficult to say though, as a TV series does give a little more opportunity for an extended spotlight, etc.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #148 on: October 20, 2010, 09:52 AM »

I haven't thought about the fact that the characters have presumed she was killed when Slave I went down in the Season 2 finale. WE knew she wasn't dead (since she shows up later many times), but everyone else thinks she's dead.

The one problem with that though is you don't know where this takes place in the timeline yet...could be pre the crash

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2010, 10:49 PM »
No, the preview summary says this (as found on the Official Site):

She's BACK! Left for dead after her failed gambit at the end of The Clone WarsStar Wars: The Clone Wars -- airing at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT Friday, October 22 on Cartoon Network.

She's back from Hell! :-X

« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 12:47 AM by Jabba the Slug »