Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread  (Read 150421 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread
« Reply #195 on: November 11, 2010, 10:30 AM »
I wonder how far out that episode(s) is with Lucasfilm promoting it in a fairly significant way. 

Like the Slug said in his post, the info from LFL says that the Savage episode-arc should start on January 7th, the first batch of new episodes after the holiday break...

The Savage episode, according to the RSVP site, will air January 7th.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 10:38 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 11, 2010, 02:19 PM »
I wonder how far out that episode(s) is with Lucasfilm promoting it in a fairly significant way. 

Like the Slug said in his post, the info from LFL says that the Savage episode-arc should start on January 7th, the first batch of new episodes after the holiday break...

The Savage episode, according to the RSVP site, will air January 7th.

Oops, yeah I missed that, sorry.  Thanks for the info, looking forward to it.  I'm guessing we'll be coming up on a break sometime in December, I think we usually have a short lull without new episodes and possibly this one would be the "return" episode in January.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 11, 2010, 03:46 PM »
Savage Opress as Dooku´s apprentice should show an agressive fencing style, and as a refresh of Maul, skills in martial arts. He could be highly potentiated if in some scenes appears to be trained by Darth Sidious.

He looks like Darth Maul in armor, perhaps with sith devices to confront the Jedi (gas bombs, darts, knives, etc)

Something in the spot, made me think he will not reach the full potential of a sith (not over the top as Starkiller from TFU)
due to the tension between him and his mentor. Dooku shows disgust with his training and punishes him with force lighting ( a power Opress like Maul coudn´t have mastered).
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 03:47 PM by EpicGon »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #198 on: November 11, 2010, 04:08 PM »
This weeks episode is looking very promising:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGQq2Dt9J1E&feature=player_embedded

And the Opress episodes also look pretty good. It finally looks like this season may pick up in the action department.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 12, 2010, 02:45 AM »
I wonder how Opress will exit the show (I'm guessing he's gonna die, or else he would have made a big stir in ROTS - not that he existed when it was made, anyway). And I wonder also how Asajj ties into this whole arc - maybe she and Opress are competing for the title of Dooku's apprentice.

Hopefully Dooku's evil Sithy side will be explored in these episodes, because we always see him calm in the movies.

I'm glad they gave him a lightsaber - it also establishes him as a Sith-in-training, I thought he would just be an assassin for the Separatists. I thought the axe was cool, but I wanted to see him more of an extention of Maul. The double-bladed lightsaber definitely gives him more of an edge.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 12, 2010, 04:09 PM »
All I know is...Sy Snootles tonight!  :D

Habsro better be working on that sclupt already...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #201 on: November 13, 2010, 11:09 AM »
Great episode last night, they did a great job on Vos. I really enjoyed it and liked how they show his powers. My only disappointment was seeing next weeks episode is a Padme one.... :'(
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #202 on: November 13, 2010, 01:04 PM »
A Padme episode with action is fine...

But "Hunt for Ziro" was awesome.  Pure craziness in the best SW fashion.  I really like this show, but I would love it to death if it was always this wild.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 13, 2010, 01:53 PM »
I was really surprised by this episode! The action was great, too! The 3-way fight was entertaining, and, now, whereas I never even had a second thought for Sy Snootles when seeing her in ROTJ, she's definitely earned my support as a Star Wars character.

I'm looking forward to seeing Ahsoka's new outfit next week.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 13, 2010, 05:37 PM »
Well, now Hasbro has a reason not to make Ziro.

Weird thing happened, too...there was a clone in the episode...only briefly. Maybe as the season progresses we'll learn more about the clones and how they tie into the war named after them.  ;)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 13, 2010, 05:38 PM »
I really enjoyed last night's episode.  Seeing the Hutts was very cool and Sy Snootles & Ziro seemed like a complete winner as a BP until he .......  Great fight sequence too at the end with Kenobi, Voss, Bane, Todo.  Hope next week isn't another political snoozefest....
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 07:44 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 13, 2010, 09:45 PM »
Others noticed, as I did, the musical number was an homage to "Anything Goes" from Temple of Doom.

I noticed from that yahoo clip Obi-Wan will sport his less armored look in the Oppress episode (or sooner). Meaning his new action figure will hit about the right time.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 09:46 PM by scockery »

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 14, 2010, 03:14 AM »
I noticed from that yahoo clip Obi-Wan will sport his less armored look in the Oppress episode (or sooner). Meaning his new action figure will hit about the right time.

And, unfortunately, we don't get Savage until a lot later (as Hasbro said). :(

Hopefully that gives them enough time to make him SA. I hope they give him articulated ankles and a cloth skirt, unlike most TCW figures made. I also hope he gets both the axe and lightsaber.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 14, 2010, 02:56 PM »
Hunt for Ziro: This chapter presented the most variations of hutt heads we can see. There was a Hutt gangster whose head resembled Wat Tambors´; he spotted more profile, a nose and a head, Rapa Nui style.

The mother of Ziro was monstrous, an anti female character due to her voice and likeness.

Ziro was depicted kinda hermaphrodite, and his voice sounded between female and male, ambiguous.
About his head, it always was a Truman Capote derivation

Perhaps Ziro has represented the most update job on tattoos for a Hutt. If Lucasfilm wants to customize these aliens, it would be convinient to depict them with curious robes, like vests, hats.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 02:56 PM by EpicGon »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #209 on: November 15, 2010, 01:54 AM »
I got to watch the last two episodes...  I enjoyed both of them immensely. 

I thought the episode setting up Hostage Crisis was great though.  That 3PO/R2 had some level of importance to the story before we got to see it all was nice.  I liked the torture of the droids too, and the streets where all the junk was being sold, guys were out just drinking and passing out, just buying some fruit you can get scammed...

Then in the midst of it all was a droid massage parlor...  I thought R2's scomp link was gonna pop out and he'd kick in the extra $5 for the happy ending.

TODO was a little sadistic bastard too...  I didn't care for him in Holocron Heist, actually, but I gained a new appreciation for him in this last couple of episodes.  He's really just an obnoxious little evil machine, and loyal to Bane.

I thought the action, while centered on the droids, was still good though, and again I loved the city streets and all the aliens and droids.  Pretty slick.

I liked this week's episode as well...  ALl the Hutt's were cool to see.  I liked that the Hutt's had some kind of obvious ganster film references there too, like one seemingly modeled after The Godfather, one seemingly after "Al Capone" type mob boss stereotypes...  It was cool.  Weird and funny, but pretty cool.

I also thought Vos was pulled off well.  I didn't get a, "Hey dude!" vibe off him at all, and more that he's being treated at elast somewhat like his EU character.  Kind of bad, unruly, and not "traditional".  If Qu-Gon was defiant, Vos is all but on the cusp of being thrown out, ya know?

And Sy Snootles...  That was really awesome I thought.  She was a great character.  I'd be just as happy not to see her again, but I thought she really was a neat character for them to slip into the story some.  Then for her to do what she did...  I really was actually surprised by that turn of events. 

These were 2 much-needed episodes after all the political BS that went on for some episodes.  I'm glad they redeemed themselves, at least so far. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77