Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread  (Read 149427 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread
« Reply #330 on: January 22, 2011, 03:09 PM »
I doubt anyone in the Star Wars universe actually dies.  If they ever do an episode 7, we'll find that The Emperor, Vader, all those pilots, ewoks and construction workers all survived as well.   ::)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #331 on: January 22, 2011, 06:53 PM »
I doubt anyone in the Star Wars universe actually dies.  If they ever do an episode 7, we'll find that The Emperor, Vader, all those pilots, ewoks and construction workers all survived as well.   ::)
Or they will all be Force Ghosts :P

I liked how this ended but agree with bringing Maul and Qui Gon back seems more like a marketing ploy for Episode I than anything...I guess I'd rather see them push more of the other Jedi like Saesee Tiin, Q-Tip head guy (Who never died on camera), Pablo Jill and Coleman Trebor etc than recycle old plot lines...or start trying to delve into the OT like I said in my other thread...

Pre/Post Clone Wars Ideas

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 24, 2011, 10:36 AM »
I've sort of felt the same, at times, about Cad Bane - as cool as I think he is.  It seems like they really want to make sure you know these new baddies are "bad ass" or something.  I can understand either of them being good fighters, and maybe even taking out some red-shirt Jedis or something, but as far as I'm concerned - particularly in the case of Bane - if they run across a Jedi the level of Windu, Kenobi, or Skywalker, they should be toast.  Same thing with Oppress.  Not only does he somewhat easily handle Kenobi and Skywalker at the same time, he also seemed to do pretty well against Dooku and Ventress, despite just "learning" the dark side very recently.  I suppose it has something to do the powering up the Nightsisters gave him and everything, but it seemed a little extreme.

Dude, I could not agree with you more, and I have railed about this often. The Bad Guys win too much on this show, to the point it stretches credulity. And seriously, we have about 20 different villains now - I don't think anyone will be traumatized if Filoni starts trimming the herd. Oppress really should have died at the end of this arc.

I though the lightsaber duel was pretty exciting, but like in every movie I have ever seen, one person sits around and waits for the other to attack. Simultaneous apprarently is not part of the Sith dueling vocabulary.

Darth Maul? DARTH MAUL?!?! AYFKM? This is so contrived and ridiculous it is beyond words. Is he gonna have his robot legs too?  ::)

WORST..PLOT SWERVE...EVER.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 10:36 AM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 24, 2011, 08:08 PM »
I though the lightsaber duel was pretty exciting, but like in every movie I have ever seen, one person sits around and waits for the other to attack. Simultaneous apprarently is not part of the Sith dueling vocabulary.

I couldn't agree more with you on this one, I thought it stood out most on the Dooku assassination attempt in the 1st episode of the arc - one person strikes while Dooku defends, and the 2 others just stand there twirling their lightsabers.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 26, 2011, 12:11 AM »
The matriarchy is the most subrepticious clan in the galaxy, those sisters conspire defying both Jedi and Sith
females from Dathomir tyranise males.

I am not against the tv show, but I think is some way rushed to make Savage so powerful in so a short time (2 episodes) he evades Anakin and Obi Wan, so Filoni and team couldn´t ruin the reputation of the heroes, I am not saying he pretends that, perhaps some zabraks are powerful force sensitives, but in the next episodes, to revindicate the Jedi order
it would be fine if Anakin or Obi Wan deliver Opress some kicks in the face, to relief their tension.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:43 AM by EpicGon »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 28, 2011, 09:47 AM »
They got Pernilla August to reprise her role as Shmi on tonight's episode. Nice.

If there's one thing they can do with this coming Chosen One arc, it's to finally right a ridiculous wrong from the films and establish Anakin's true parentage once and for all.

Secrets Revealed? HOW ABOUT REVEALING HE ACTUALLY HAS A DAD?

Seriously, that immaculate conception crap was just too asinine for words, IMO. This is an excellent opportunity for them to ret-con that into an actually sensible answer. (And none of this midichlorian junk - they only non-insemination explanation I will go for is the one about Darth Plagueis "creating" Anakin's life force within Shmi, and even that is a real stretch)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 28, 2011, 07:22 PM »
Secrets Revealed? HOW ABOUT REVEALING HE ACTUALLY HAS A DAD?

I thought the immaculate conception thing was actually pretty interesting, it distinguishes him as a living  product of the Force, ya know?

It'd be nice if somehow Darth Plagius made his way into one of these episodes as a Force Ghost - isn't it implied in ROTS that he could create life through the Force?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 28, 2011, 10:44 PM »
I don't know how that will go over with all the fans, but I thought that episode was cool as ****!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 28, 2011, 11:21 PM »
I don't know what to think of it. Future Ahsoka has some long lekku (and still wears the same clothes).

The beginning relied a bit too heavily on narration set-up. THIS ALL HAPPENED, now off with our heroes to the place.

The force is powerful, maybe we should ask Master Sifo Dyas what was up with the clone army...nah. He's not returning calls anyway.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #339 on: January 29, 2011, 01:14 AM »
I'd laugh if this arc ended with Anakin waking up next to a naked Padme, after they've both been on a glitterstim trip or something.  Suckin' the galaxy far far away's glass saber, as it were.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 29, 2011, 08:44 AM »
Interesting......... but.............. um.............. I don't know. Little too far out there for me. I like the drug trip idea Jesse.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 29, 2011, 11:35 AM »
That episode was a Star Wars trip-fest, but then again, it was a rather cool show.  It did a few things namely for the development of Anakin and Obi Wan's characters that were never quite explored in the prequals and which were very much needed...

1) It sort of tied things up between Obi Wan and Qui Gon with regards to Anakin's training and possible future.  I loved how Obi Wan sort of had the chance to "vent" to Qui Gon's Force Ghost about how he had trained Anakin as best he could, but that the boy still remained passionate and impulsive.  A scene like that would have been perfect in Episode II or III, but alas...

2) The episode sort of gave a chance to see Anakin greive and reflect on the guilt he feels for the loss of his mother in a way that was not really done outside of Episode II, but which ultimately defines his transformation into Vader.  I like how the creature (in the form of his mother) cautioned him not to let his guilt define him and then warned him that his love for Padme, etc is actually a prison...   

3) It explored the significance of Anakin being the "chosen one" and what that possibly meant in regards to keeping balance to the Force.  It was for the greater good of the universe that Anakin stayed at that place to maintain the ballance between light and dark and notice how at the end of the episode, Anakin selfishly gave it up and left...

Just my thoughts.  I rather enjoyed it ;)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #342 on: January 29, 2011, 12:08 PM »
Those are all very good points.  Trippy as it was, it did flesh out some things that should have been in the movies.  Qui Gon - why doesn't Obi Wan question what he is at all?  They need to reconcile this with the scene at the end of ROTS.

Was this Qui Gon?  Or a false image like Shmi?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 29, 2011, 12:44 PM »
Those are all very good points.  Trippy as it was, it did flesh out some things that should have been in the movies.  Qui Gon - why doesn't Obi Wan question what he is at all?  They need to reconcile this with the scene at the end of ROTS.

Was this Qui Gon?  Or a false image like Shmi?

QUi Gon seemed to impartial to the trio. Why would a false image warn Obi-Wan that there were 3 beings there who sought to control Anakin's destiny? The Shmi image was trying to push Anakin in a certain direction.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 29, 2011, 02:12 PM »
The dialogue between Anakin and Shmi's apparition was just great - it was also a first for this type of dialogue for Anakin in the entire show. Usually we hear the Jedi Knight side of him, but in this episode you actually hear him reflect and get more personal.

I loved Ahsoka's vision, I thought it was interesting that her future self warned little Ahsoka that Anakin's been planting dark side seeds within her. Makes you all the more interested in her future...