Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread  (Read 149452 times)

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread
« Reply #450 on: March 17, 2011, 09:36 PM »
Agree with JJ on this point,it would also reinforce the comment Tarkin makes about "falling into favour with the Chancellor" if having shot Sosek as described and not having any career limiting moves placed on his Rank and Command.

A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #451 on: March 18, 2011, 11:01 AM »
I just watched this episode last night, I liked it overall, Tarkin was enjoyable. The the story arc was good but like others posted it was a little long in the tooth. 2 episodes would have been enough (I felt they needed more time on the Opress arc). I also have to agree on how this show is disregarding the existing story canon. They are really killing the continuity of EU, Even Piell was present during operation Knightfall and survived Order 66. He was the Master of Jax Paven who owns I-5YQ (Hasbro made a figure of this cool Protocol droid). He died in that series, so they basically threw out the entire series of novels. Are they going to pull a Dallas to explain this? Star Trek was always so much better at their continuity.

For a season dubbed "Secrets Revealed" they have revealed nothing but incompetence in their handling of this season. Piell tells Asooka something secret but we the viewers could not hear it? During the Opress episodes it would have had more impact to reveal Maul in person than an image of him in a crystal ball image. Secrets revealed my arse! This season was overall pretty weak, they bounced back but not enough. I do not care if the Chewie episodes are great they wasted too much time on politics and long winded episodes.

When we think of CW season 3 we do not think of "Secrets Revealed" we think of tainted soft drinks in the Mandalorian public school system.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 18, 2011, 01:55 PM »
I do not care if the Chewie episodes are great they wasted too much time on politics and long winded episodes.

When we think of CW season 3 we do not think of "Secrets Revealed" we think of tainted soft drinks in the Mandalorian public school system.

Bravo....
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #453 on: March 18, 2011, 04:27 PM »
Unfortunately I think some of this has to do with Lucas' heavy-hand in the series overall...  Take him out, leave it to Filloni more...  It probably has more hits than misses in a season.  Lucas loves to go off on those in-depth tangents.

Personally I felt the Force Wielders episodes were kind of lame, i thought obviously the stuff with Mandalore was incredibly lame...  I liked this last episode arc, and Kamino.  Other than those two storylines, Season 3 is definitely the weakest season of the series.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 19, 2011, 03:29 AM »
Personally I felt the Force Wielders episodes were kind of lame, i thought obviously the stuff with Mandalore was incredibly lame...  I liked this last episode arc, and Kamino.  Other than those two storylines, Season 3 is definitely the weakest season of the series.

I agree with you on the "Force Trilogy" - everything the main characters learn, they eventually forget - it's like there was no point in that trilogy at all. It may as well have never happened.

Anything Mandalore-related this season was an atrocity. A complete waste - Filoni mentioned somewhere before that this is all supposed to tie in with the show at a later time, but, really now, we all know what happens in ROTS. There was really no need for any of the political crap we put up with. Politics have NO place whatsoever in a show aimed for kids. Period.

Even the Savage trilogy was weak. Lots of overrided canon, and I feel like he was used only as a marketing ploy for this season, when it turns out he's only in 2 episodes. Heck, Filoni should have made the entire 2nd half of the season all about him!

I really can't imagine what Season 4 is going to center around. If anything, make half the season about Savage and Maul striking at the galaxy, and make the second half about Ahsoka turning to the darkside or something.

"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #455 on: March 19, 2011, 04:29 PM »
Season 3 Finale part 1 "Padawan Lost" available to watch online.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 21, 2011, 10:34 AM »
About Padawan Lost, was a episode that gave inside to Jedi younlings skills, and the trandoshans habits: rude, cruel, they also need cremonies of initiation, like the son of the trandoshan chief who wanted to kill a padawan alone.

Some Trandoshans looked like the saurin guy HRCHEK KAL FAS, mmm, saurins have five fingers, trandoshan less.

I think they could give more screen to the snivian guy, he was dressed like Zutton, his appearance is like an interpretation of the OT character.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 12:57 AM by EpicGon »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #457 on: March 26, 2011, 08:55 AM »
Season 3 Finale part 2 "Wookiee Hunt" available to watch online.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #458 on: March 26, 2011, 11:18 AM »
Really good end to a very uneven season.  I really liked these last two.  Hopefully the show will be more consistent next year.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 27, 2011, 12:03 AM »
This last episode showed the return to order (to the Jedi status quo)
also a wide range of variations for Trandoshans in color, patterns of stripes and complexion.
The boss guy had unike spikes on head, curious.

Other well oriented feature was the "animalization" of this hunters, their alarm cry, hisses... I think is a blink to esb scene when Bossk faced Piett and growled for his bount hunters related commentary.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 06:17 PM by EpicGon »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #460 on: March 28, 2011, 12:50 PM »
These two episodes were exactly what I wanted out of this series. Great action driven by an 80's style cartoon plots showing off stuff you always wanted to see in SW lore (Mandos, Trandosians, Jedi Battles etc). These two episodes should be the benchmark for season 4. This season got too "Lucasfied" with the dumbing down of the series and the EP1 style long winded political crap that puts you to sleep. (We do not have to see every lead up to the big vote! Spend three minutes to explain and move on!)

This by far was the weakest of the three seasons. I would say half of the episodes sucked and half were good (Being generous here). That's not a good batting average. I will say the episodes I liked I really liked (Hunt for Ziro, the first two episodes, Wookie Hunt and Savage)

What were the big secrets revealed? Darth Maul may be alive, Even Peill told Ahsoka a secret that were we not allowed to know, Anakin, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka dealt with the Force shifters but cannot remember it making it a secret and do not send your kids to the Mandalorian public school system or they will get poisoned by the soft drinks. I know this is supposed to be a show for kids but what they ponied up story wise for the bulk of the season is lost on kids and us as well.

Season 3: Mandalorian Soft Drink Ingredients Revealed!
(Yes, I will stop making this joke now.)
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #461 on: March 28, 2011, 08:53 PM »
Pretty good assessment.

The season started out amazing - the Kamino arc was great - and it ended great.  In between?  Hmm.  I don't remember most of it.  I did play devil's advocate for some of the political stuff.  The late one with Padme and the Sepratist Senate was very good, actually.  The rest of it was wasted effort.  Savage Oppress, good, very good in some respects, but oddly rushed.  The Mortis arc - I'm debating whether or not it was three episodes of hot air, or if there really is a question there.  The Citdael - a missed opportunity.  The death of Echo was too bad.

Wookie Hunt - like you said, what the show should be.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 30, 2011, 10:20 AM »
Yeah, I have to agree with Darby.  Really an uneven season overall.  Good start, weak middle, and I think the majority of the episodes we got in 2011 have been pretty strong, or at least interesting.  I also have troubles remembering a lot of stuff from the middle of the season without looking back on the summaries, etc.  I was honestly hoping for a bit more from the season, but overall it may have been the weakest of the three so far.  Still some good stuff in there, and I think the animation itself has had tweaks that have improved the look of the show, but there was a lot of more boring political-type stuff in there.  I understand what they're trying to do with some of it, but at the same time I can't say I was rushing to re-watch many of those.

One other thing I've noticed with Season 3 (and maybe with other seasons to some extent), is that it seems so all-over the place.  It jumps all over not only in the timeline, but also in the story, and doesn't seem as cohesive as a series as a result.  Or they introduce something like Oppress (and with Maul spoiler) only to not see them for who knows how long.  Same thing with the intro of Fett, Bossk, and even to some extent Aurra Sing (although she was in that Assassin episode this year).  Even characters like Grievous and Cad Bane disappear for long stretches of the show, and we don't seem to have gotten as many episodes featuring "other" Jedi (aside from Plo Koon).  I don't know, I still really enjoy the show, but this season was a bit of a let down.  Also - I think they might need to drop or rethink the season taglines, as they don't seem to really relate to the season as much as one would hope.  "Rise of the Bounty Hunters" last year really only led to that final Fett arc of the season, aside from that one other episode with Embo and the others.  This year, "Secrets Revealed" seemed to be overstating it a little too, other than we saw what Tarkin was up to prior to ANH, found out that Greedo did something in the past, and we may or may not have learned something from the Mortis arc.  I guess it depends how far you stretch the definition of "secrets", as we did get more backstory on characters like Ventress and the Hutt family as well.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 31, 2011, 01:54 AM »
The biggest disappointment to me from this season (besides the political trash) was that the Savage Opress arc was too rushed, in many respects. And if you think about it, he was in really only 2 of the 3 episodes.

I wonder what the theme will be for Season 4. Is it true that Season 5 is slated to be the last season, or is that a rumor? I recall from somewhere that Filoni was aiming for around 100 episodes, give or take a few. 5 seasons x 24 episodes each season (right?) = 120 episodes. Getting there. 
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 31, 2011, 02:29 AM »
The biggest disappointment to me from this season (besides the political trash) was that the Savage Opress arc was too rushed, in many respects. And if you think about it, he was in really only 2 of the 3 episodes.

I wonder what the theme will be for Season 4. Is it true that Season 5 is slated to be the last season, or is that a rumor? I recall from somewhere that Filoni was aiming for around 100 episodes, give or take a few. 5 seasons x 24 episodes each season (right?) = 120 episodes. Getting there.  

Agreed the Savage arc was too rushed and the political episodes were top heavy in the season.

As to the show seasons - there's 22 episodes in a season and George Lucas has said it will go as long as it's doing well,not limiting it.

Dave Filoni also re-iterating that when asked.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 02:29 AM by 501ST »

Bob Hope