Author Topic: K-Mart Legends Jodo Kast exclusive  (Read 55220 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
K-Mart Legends Jodo Kast exclusive
« on: May 6, 2010, 12:20 PM »
Courtesy of Sandtroopers.com:

We are getting a more up to date & adequate version of our favorite impostor exclusive to K-Mart of all places: link

I am really happy to see this one, this is a nice surprise! I hope we see more of cool repaints exclusives like these.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2010, 12:56 PM by Jeff »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: K-Mart Legends Jodo Kast exclusive
« Reply #1 on: May 6, 2010, 12:25 PM »
Wow...They're actually getting an exclusive that doesn't suck.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 6, 2010, 12:28 PM »
sounds awesome, are there pics?  I cannot access that site from work - so I eagerly await seeing/reading about it when I get home.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #3 on: May 6, 2010, 12:29 PM »

This also confirms our rumor from back in January. I'm not really sure how to classify this as it's not an SL, Legacy, Vintage or CW figure.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2010, 08:51 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #4 on: May 6, 2010, 12:32 PM »
Wow...They're actually getting an exclusive that doesn't suck.

It is amazing!
It will be $9.99 knowing their pricing. I actually would have no problem paying that, this is a nice exclusive!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 6, 2010, 12:34 PM »
Awesomeness - thanks for the pic!

Now I am happy I skipped the p.o.s. unarticulated version last year (I was starting to feel regret for not getting him) - however, I am not excited top include K-Mart in my hunt - my local store is terrible.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 6, 2010, 12:38 PM »

It is amazing!
It will be $9.99 knowing their pricing. I actually would have no problem paying that, this is a nice exclusive!

I dunno, considering the SL style packaging and the fact that SL will be at a cheaper MSRP that Vintage, I could see him cheaper than that.  I actually could see him at $6.99 and shipped in his own case similar to the Shipwreck/Doc TRU exclusives in the ROC line.  Man that would be sweet if there was a second exclusive figure!

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 6, 2010, 02:17 PM »
I think that's a really good exclusive.  K-Mart will draw in the collectors who want one of everything, the collectors who focus only on Fett/Mandos, the kiddies will like it because of its relation to the mandos in the TV show (without really having to care who the character is).  I wonder who messed up at K-Mart and actually asked for a good exclusive instead of the exclusive repacks (now with a K-Mart sticker!) that they usually get.

Is this likely to be a Black Friday timed release?
I am not the Stig

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: May 6, 2010, 02:29 PM »
Is this likely to be a Black Friday timed release?

If we are seeing pics now, it's more likely to be a "July Launch" timed release.

Also, he's not on a Legends card... he's on a Clone Wars card in that pic - remember: Clone Wars figures have a BLUE card top and name plate; Legends have an ORANGE card top and name plate.  

It's hard to tell from the pic/angle, but it's entirely possible he's supposed to be a Clone Wars figure...
« Last Edit: May 6, 2010, 02:30 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #9 on: May 6, 2010, 02:34 PM »
I'm not sure about it being a CW figure as it looks to recycle Tobbi Dala's sculpt with a new head and it also has a special bubble without the game piece/card.  ???
« Last Edit: May 6, 2010, 02:36 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #10 on: May 6, 2010, 02:39 PM »

It is amazing!

I dunno, considering the SL style packaging and the fact that SL will be at a cheaper MSRP that Vintage, I could see him cheaper than that.  I actually could see him at $6.99 and shipped in his own case similar to the Shipwreck/Doc TRU exclusives in the ROC line.  Man that would be sweet if there was a second exclusive figure!

Have you looked at KM prices lately? For a store that promotes itself to lower income families they are more expense than every store out there. I can see them fluffing the price either way I am happy to pay it. It's weird he is on a CW card when he is not animated. Maybe he will ship in CW cases instead of Legends.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: May 6, 2010, 02:49 PM »
Wow, K-Mart got a decent exclusive...  I never got the original figure because it used such an inferior sculpt, but I wanted a Jodo Kast...  Now, removable helmet and SA?  Count me in for one.  And thank god KM is actually a player in my area too.

Their prices are so-so...  Figures are a little more than WM when everyone's at full price.  KM is usually $1 more, sometimes less, as they all vary a little I've noticed.

One thing KM does that nobody but TRU does is BOGO sales though, and they do them at the right times for some reason.  I've gotten whole waves of the newest figures at their BOGO prices in the past, and that's always been great to me.  I'll never chew up K-Mart too much just because of that.  I don't make them a regular stop usually, but when they do sales like they do, I consider them as good as WM and Target.

Hell, they also were the only store to get some Legacy waves in around here for literally most of the line.  TPM wave didn't show anywhere but KM till just the last couple months.  Same with at least one other wave of Legacy around here.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 6, 2010, 02:53 PM »
Have you looked at KM prices lately? For a store that promotes itself to lower income families they are more expense than every store out there. I can see them fluffing the price either way I am happy to pay it. It's weird he is on a CW card when he is not animated. Maybe he will ship in CW cases instead of Legends.

Kmart seems to be consistently 10% more than "normal" retail where I've been hunting lately, but I'm more concerned about the general lack of Kmarts in general.  Unless it's going into Sears too or something.  I mean, it's not like the tins or the Clone 4-packs, this is actually interesting.  If it's less than ten bucks I'll be stunned.  Hopefully it won't be a gift-with-purchase, because that'd likely really *hurt.*
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #13 on: May 6, 2010, 02:59 PM »
Hopefully it won't be a gift-with-purchase, because that'd likely really *hurt.*

Good point! If it's not I have a fair amount of K-Marts/Sears around here so I can try and help my JD peeps.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: May 6, 2010, 03:00 PM »
I'm not sure about it being a CW figure

I wasn't meaning that it was going to be a regular CW basic figure, just noting it has more in common with the CW card style than any of the others.  Maybe the cardback will clear up what it's supposed to be...

Either way, I'll repeat what others have said - Kudos to K-Mart for finally finding a reason for me to shop there in 2010.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender