Author Topic: Done  (Read 3102 times)

Offline chris solo

• Youngling
  • Smuggler
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
Done
« on: July 19, 2003, 05:03 PM »
I finally got my last vintage loose figure up to ROTJ. It was Lumat the Ewok and he is mint!

How many more vintage figures to that point do you need?
Laugh it up fuzzball !!! Bleep, Bleep

Offline jcecil

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • www.jedicecil.50megs.com
Re: Done
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 10:23 PM »
Congratulations!  Have any pics?  Are you going to go for POTF next?  

I'm afraid I don't collect loose, but my own collection is getting pretty close to completion.

ONLY 1 MORE TO GO TO COMPLETE MY
COLLECTION OF 96!!!
www.jedicecil.50megs.com
Vintage Luke Pilot Collection, 8 so far

Offline James D

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2003, 11:22 PM »
Good job Chris. Only 15 more to go!!!  ;D
James

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2003, 12:57 PM »
Congratulations Chris!  I, too, would love to see pictures of your collection of loose vintage figures.  I'm not exactly sure how many I have to go on my loose collection, because I'm not really trying to complete it.  I have about 170 loose vintage figures, and a lot of them are army builder type figures...

- Biker Scouts
- TIE Fighter Pilots
- AT-AT Drivers

Perhaps one of these days I will try to complete the loose vintage figures, but that's not on my priority list as of right now.
dustrho

Offline chris solo

• Youngling
  • Smuggler
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2003, 05:32 PM »
Thanks Guys. I went through a mixture of feelings when I finally put him on the shelf.

First was relief. I had finally done it.

Then came sorrow. The biggest thrill of collecting was striving for the goal. There is an end to vintage and you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

After going through those emotions I felt the thrill of the hunt comming back. I do have them all now but I need a weapon for Ree Yees and Leia, my Biker Scout is a bit yellow and a couple of others are a bit marked up.

Since I started collecting just over a year ago I've gone ballistic. In time I'll learn to collect in moderation. I intend to post my photos in the collections corner here but until I can get around to it (figure out how), heres a link:

http://forums.thebothanspy.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4467

These are some shots from back in April or May. Alot has changed since then. Keep an eye out for my wall of R2. There are a few signed by Kenny Baker and now I believe I am up to 34 moc and most of the loose R2s from most eras. There are Trilogos/bilogos/bootlegs/errors/serial number variations and so on.

If you have an R2 that I don't I would love to have him. I will never have the biggest collection but I wish to have every R2 variation that ever existed (eg ROTJ 77 back and ROTJ 79 back. Thats how addicted I am).
 ;D
« Last Edit: July 20, 2003, 05:59 PM by chris solo »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2003, 03:58 AM »
Nice job Chris, but don't get too ahead of yourself - you've still got the POTF line to go!   ;)  Looks like you saved the best for last!  Good luck with the rest of them, and I'm looking forward to your pix...

I'm still dawdling around in pursuit of my vintage Yak Face to complete my loose collection.  Then I'm going to look into the carded stuff.  My goal is exactly what Cecil above has put together - premier card, offerless, and in C-8.5+ condition with clear bubbles.  Gonna be a long and expensive journey on that one!

So what's the magic number now Cecil?  Last I recall, you were down to about four.  Who's left for you to finish the set off now?  Good luck with them!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2003, 08:51 AM »
Great job Chris. You also have to get the Droid series too.  ;)  That is a set that is tuff to do as there is the odd one that is pricey [cough] Vlix [cough]. Then there is the Vinyl Cape Jawa & Wind-Up R2-D2 if you want them in your collection. As for variations, there are a lot of them too but that is up to the collector if they want them.  ;)
Good luck hunting!

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2003, 09:46 AM »
Those are some great pictures there Chris!  You have everything organized so nicely, and I love the R2 wall.
dustrho

Offline jcecil

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • www.jedicecil.50megs.com
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2003, 12:49 PM »

I'm still dawdling around in pursuit of my vintage Yak Face to complete my loose collection.  Then I'm going to look into the carded stuff.  My goal is exactly what Cecil above has put together - premier card, offerless, and in C-8.5+ condition with clear bubbles.  Gonna be a long and expensive journey on that one!

So what's the magic number now Cecil?  Last I recall, you were down to about four.  Who's left for you to finish the set off now?  Good luck with them!

Just like you, all I need is a Yak.  ;D

ONLY 1 MORE TO GO TO COMPLETE MY
COLLECTION OF 96!!!
www.jedicecil.50megs.com
Vintage Luke Pilot Collection, 8 so far

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2003, 03:23 PM »
Technically I am done, realistically I do need to get super mint versions of Hoth Stormtrooper and Leia Boushh, but those are low priority items for me right now :-*

Offline E.Z.

• Jedi Initiate
  • Montreal, Quebec
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2003, 06:10 PM »
Very nice pics Chris and congrats on finishing.  8)

Although I'm not too sure you can call that a collection with so few Falcons.  4-5 more should do it. ;D
Shawn

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2003, 10:27 PM »
Nice vintage display case Chris, I've been thinking of doing something like that, but I got most of my vintage mixed into dioramas that I'm not sure I want to remove em all.

I'm down to needing 10 figures (sans variants) from the movie lines. Ok 9, but I think Blue Snaggletooth is sufficiently different from the red figure that it isn't a variant so much as just two figures with the same name. I'm currently in the hunt for Blue Snag, Amanaman, Yak Face, Stormie Luke, Han Carb, Popup Saber R2, A-Wing Pilot, Romba, Lumat, and Imp Gunner. And when I say I'm in the hunt, I mean to say that one day I'll be able to justify spending $40+ for a single figure   :-\

Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline chris solo

• Youngling
  • Smuggler
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2003, 10:09 AM »
Hey E.Z. I just got the Playschool Falcon. My wife seems to think its for our Baby to be born in December (He, He).

I just received the ESB Turret Probot Playset. So now I have the Probe Droid. Do we consider the figures as being the 79 and variations on the back of the cards or do we need to consider the others? The Probe Droid, Wampa, Rancor Monster, Dewback and the little green dude from the trash compacter are technically figures aren't they?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2003, 10:31 AM »
Here's a poster of all the figures & stuff that came out.

Kenner Figure Collection

This is a pic of the cardback with all 79 figures.

79 back

Then theres the 92 back.

92 Back

How about a link to all the cardbacks.

All Cardbacks

That green dude is called a Dianoga.  ;)