Author Topic: DC Universe Classics Wave 16  (Read 7452 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics Wave 16
« on: May 12, 2010, 01:35 PM »
Wave 16 is up for pre-order at various e-tailers.

Rumored line up is (credit to toymania via fwoosh):
mercury
azreal batman
new riddler
jonah hex
creeper
classic robin
c n c bane

If true, that's a pretty heavy Bats wave.  Only six figures instead of the usual seven and I read only one variant.  

New Riddler is probably the Super Powers leotard version.  Should make Dan happy.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 12:14 PM by Scott »
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: DC Classics wave 16
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 02:19 PM »
Yeah, it is a fairly Bat-heavy wave, if that lineup holds true.  That being said, I'm pretty happy with a lot of those figures.  I sort of thought we'd be getting a Jonah Hex sometime this year, with the movie and all, and it makes sense here.  I really hope the "classic" (Dick Grayson) Robin is true, because that is one of my most wanted figures as well.  I'd likely be in for the whole wave for the first time in a bit, since I pick up pretty much all the Gotham stuff and I'd like the Bane as well.  Between this and a possible/probably Green Lantern Classics line, I might be shuttling more money off to DC once again - and just when I thought I could cut back there a bit ;).

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 09:52 PM »
Would be nice if the 7th figure (assuming there is one) was Poison Ivy. Then this wave would be absolutely perfect.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 12:01 PM »
A Catwoman would also be nice.  Not that one from the 5 pack, either, but a new sculpt.  I'd buy all from this wave except Creeper and AzBat.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: DC Universe Classics Wave 16
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 12:42 PM »
Well i would pretty much want most of the wave. I have been trying to cut down. Only picking up 3 from the Trigon wave, sadly want the Ultra Humanite BAF.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 01:08 PM »
Yeah, like I said, I've been trying to cut back on these as well - both due to space and now the new $15 pricepoint that seems to be at pretty much every store now (although I get most of these online anymore).  I too would like to get Ultra Humanite, but just don't think I can buy the whole wave for that.  We'll see.  This is the first wave for awhile now where I want just about the entire wave (and BAF) anyways, so I might end up springing for it.  It is getting pricey though.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 12:15 PM »
If there is a classic robin, PLEASE let him be regular sized.  I can't stand the "smaller" figures, as they are just too small.  Now that wave 13 is out, and I have most of the Teen Titans, I am really disliking the scale of kid flash and beast boy.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 05:18 PM »
I can see the scale issue as well.  By themselves, they don't look too bad, but I was just re-doing my Marvel and DC stuff this week and put the "Titans" together and when you put Beast Boy, Kid Flash, etc. next to Nightwing, Starfire, or Cyborg it looks kind of out of whack.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 03:22 PM »
Look good, i am in for the Bane wave and the Green Lantern Classics. 
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 03:43 PM »
Very nice.  It'll be good to add Creeper and Jonah Hex to the DCUC crew.  And I'm now glad that I never hunted down the old DC Superheroes Bane.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 10:27 AM »
Agreed, I'm looking forward to both Hex and Creeper as well.  I also didn't hunt down (or pick up) the old Bane figure either - and this might be a wave I pick up all of them, so it might work out well.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: DC Universe Classics
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 06:18 PM »
Stuff from the DCUC panel:

Pics of Wave 16:
Creeper
Dick Grayson Robin (with variant head)
Jonah Hex
Mercury
Riddler
CnC Bane
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 02:24 PM by Brian »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 11:51 PM »
Glad to finally see Dick Grayson Robin...that to me is and always will be Robin and he'll look great next to my Batman and Scooby Doo and Shaggy Figures

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 11:14 AM »
Glad to finally see Dick Grayson Robin...that to me is and always will be Robin and he'll look great next to my Batman and Scooby Doo and Shaggy Figures

Funny, that reminds me of our daughter.  She's really into superheroes, and also, of course, Scooby Doo - so she has her DCUC Batman and Robin in the "Mystery Machine" most of the time, particularly after she watches that episode(s) of Scooby Doo when they guest star.

I agree, to me Dick Grayson is "the" Robin.  Not that I don't like some that have come since then (Tim Drake in particular), but Dick Grayson has always been one of my favorite characters, and despite a good rep as Nightwing and a turn as Batman as well, I think he was the most "mainstream" when he was Robin.