Author Topic: DC Universe Classics Wave 3  (Read 10984 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2008, 10:26 AM »
I received my case of Wave 3 from BBTS yesterday, and man this is a nice wave.  I'm really happy just to get an all-new Nightwing (one of my favorites), as well as Robin, but the rest of the wave is quite well done too.  I found GL at Target a week or two ago, but I don't even mind having an extra since that figure is so well done too.  Really reminds me of a modern incarnation of the Super Powers figure I had as a kid.  One thing to watch out for, at least for me, was the Sinestro figure.  I got the "regular" version, and once I opened him up and moved his arms down (they were up in the package) it revealed that the shoulder joints were bright yellow (and this isn't the Sinestro Corps version).  It might just be me, but it could be a possible paint problem to be on the lookout for.  Deathstroke is a really nice figure too, and the Solomon Grundy "collect and connect" is top notch.  I was looking forward to this wave a lot this year, and it didn't disappoint.  I've noticed that this has been popping up at all of our Targets in town, although all I've seen so far is Green Lantern.  TRU doesn't seem to have any DCUC right now here, and WM hasn't picked them up yet either.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2008, 10:31 AM »
Man this is the one full wave I want real bad and can't find it anywhere :(

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2008, 06:14 PM »
Got my case of wave 3 today.  I've read stories about bad paint applications and what not, but all in all, I'd say I did pretty well.  Other than some minor issues with Sinestro, I'm happy.  (Although I haven't opened them yet so who knows how tight the joints will be)

Anyone need my extra Green Lantern?
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #48 on: September 7, 2008, 10:55 AM »
Found 4 of the 5 figures today at Target. No Robin to be found so my Grundy is armless for now. I was happy that it was the Sinestro Corps version.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #49 on: September 8, 2008, 10:46 AM »
I still can't find them ... :(