Author Topic: DC Universe Classics SDCC Lobo  (Read 4449 times)

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics SDCC Lobo
« on: April 24, 2008, 02:15 PM »
Regarding the Lobo figure, when is the SDCC?  That's a figure I would love to get - I still have my old Lobo 4 issue mini-series by Giffen and Bisley.  I've never gone after a convention exclusive before, does anyone have any idea how hard they are to get (if you're not going), or roughly how much they end up being marked up?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 12:07 PM by Scott »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 03:18 PM »
His checklists are all very well done. They would make good posters.

SDCC is in July.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #2 on: June 3, 2008, 09:39 AM »
Via the Mattel Q and A at TNI, the SDCC exclusive Lobo will be $25 (and the JLU Giganta set is $20).

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #3 on: June 6, 2008, 07:36 PM »
Via the Mattel Q and A at TNI, the SDCC exclusive Lobo will be $25 (and the JLU Giganta set is $20).
Is there anyone here who is planning on going to SDCC and not looking to get the Lobo for themselves?  I'm extremely interested in this figure, and am hoping to avoid going the ebay route.  I know I'm not a known commodity on these boards (though I have been posting on and off for a few years) - but I think/hope that Brent would vouch for me (umm, you would, wouldn't you Brent?  ;D). 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #4 on: June 6, 2008, 11:53 PM »
Nope, not a chance I'm vouching for you.  You don't call, you don't write.  Besides, you're probably better off not having me vouch for you.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 03:21 PM »
My wife actually looks for figures for me when she's out an about, so I can't complain at all.  With the picture that surfaced of Blue Beetle, hopefully that means Booster Gold won't be too far behind. <-- just read the post above - guess he's coming.  Awesome.

Regarding the Lobo, has anyone been able to get into the mattel website?  I've read reports that people can browse the site, but not order till monday.  I go to the main page, and I just see the coming soon countdown.

I really hope I can get a Lobo without resorting to ebay.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 03:23 PM by drewlam »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 02:09 PM »
It looks like the SDCC Lobo is up for sale online now, for those interested.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 02:13 PM by Brian »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 02:23 PM »
It looks like the SDCC Lobo is up for sale online now, for those interested.

I'm only able to get the coming soon page. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 02:40 PM »
This link works though.

Drewlam, I ordered two, so I have one for you.  $33.50 after the shipping ($25 for each set, $16.50 shipping to Canada).   :o

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 04:42 PM »
Has anyone received thier Lobo yet?  I figure it should be arriving any day now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 10:14 AM »
Has anyone received thier Lobo yet?  I figure it should be arriving any day now.

I received Lobo last Friday I believe, so yeah, they should be hitting everywhere before too long.  It is one big figure too - the tallest in my DC display (even taller than Grodd).

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 03:16 PM »

I received Lobo last Friday I believe, so yeah, they should be hitting everywhere before too long.  It is one big figure too - the tallest in my DC display (even taller than Grodd).

Yeah but why ? It is so out of scale it's not funny.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2008, 03:56 PM »
I heard/read that it (Lobo) utilizes the upcoming Despero BAF body, so that's why he's larger in scale.  I'm sure they were looking for way to cut costs for a limited run exclusive like this, so that may be why.  He is a bit on the large side, that's for sure, but it is a pretty nice figure.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 01:16 AM »
I heard/read that it (Lobo) utilizes the upcoming Despero BAF body, so that's why he's larger in scale.  I'm sure they were looking for way to cut costs for a limited run exclusive like this, so that may be why.  He is a bit on the large side, that's for sure, but it is a pretty nice figure.
Just got my Lobo today, and man you guys weren't kidding.  He's freaking HUGE.  I haven't seen Grundy yet, but Lobo dwarfs Grodd.  It's a shame too, cause he's a fantastic figure other then that.  I suppose it bodes well for Despero that he will be that large - but if the C&C figures are going to be that big, it really messes up the scale of some of the other figures.  I know he's technically not part of the same line, but my Darkseid looks pretty tiny now.