Author Topic: DC Universe Classics Wave 6  (Read 5501 times)

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 12:10 PM by Scott »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 09:19 AM »
I really wish it looked more like the Super Powers figure.  :-\
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 02:20 PM »
Love the addition of Kalibak.  And while I also would have liked to see him look more like his super powers figure, I still really like the figure.  I'm even more annoyed now that in order to get Lightray I would need to get another Orion (and that's assuming I can ever find the two pack, which is unlikely).

I know toy releases are never an exact science, but I had thought that wave 3 was supposed to be in July.  That has me a bit concerned about not seeing wave 2 at retail.  Here's hoping that this is just a low period thing as suggested above, and not another example of mattel dropping the ball.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #3 on: June 1, 2008, 10:05 PM »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #4 on: June 2, 2008, 09:50 AM »
Thanks for posting those, they all look pretty good.  Looking forward to Hawkman the most as well, at least from what we've seen of that wave.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #5 on: June 2, 2008, 10:05 AM »
The waves just get better and better. My only complaint is on Mattel's part. I wish they included all the weapons that the 4HM sculpt. I hope that we get at least 2 of the 3 for both Mr. Miracle and Hawkman.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 03:47 PM »
I guess a list has leaked that shows the rest of the possible lineup for DCUC Wave 6.  Here's what was listed:

Hawkman
Mr. Miracle
Dr. Impossible
Killer Moth
Shazam
Superman (Black Suit)
Superman (Red Suit)

I'm thinking that the Kalibak pic that was leaked earlier this year might be the BAF for this wave (seems to fit), but we'll see.  We should know in a few days, and hopefully get a peek at 2009 (Flash, please?).

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 03:52 PM »
Makes sense.  Dr. Impossible is the variant for Mr. Miracle and one of the Supermen is a variant (probably the red one).  Kalibak is most likely the CnC figure.

Killer Moth is a weird choice.  Not really that well known and one hideous costume (if they go with his colorful one).
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 03:54 PM »
Makes sense.  Dr. Impossible is the variant for Mr. Miracle and one of the Supermen is a variant (probably the red one).  Kalibak is most likely the CnC figure.

Killer Moth is a weird choice.  Not really that well known and one hideous costume (if they go with his colorful one).

I thought the same thing when I read that Mikey.  Killer Moth is definitely an odd choice, but I guess it again goes to show the possible longevity of the line.  The lineup this year has been pretty varied.  Now, if Wave 3 would just start shipping :).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 04:16 PM »
Can somebody please release a decent Flash figure?  Pretty please.  Classic Barry Allen with a yellow chase.  Please. :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 04:33 PM »
Brian, where'd you see that leaked list?  Didn't see anything at the Fwoosh.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 04:46 PM »
Yeah, I hadn't actually seen it before today either, but found it when I was reading up on the new JLU Question figure at AFI.  I saw it in the Mattel forum there (I think it was the SDCC DCUC discussion thread), although that doesn't mean it is necessarily "confirmed".  Guess we'll see in a couple of days for sure.  Part of me almost feels guilty for being more jazzed about this line than Marvel Legends these days, growing up primarily a Marvel fan overall.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 05:23 PM »
Oh I don't feel any guilt at all like that.  Make mine Marvel applies to me as I mostly only read Bat titles and maybe some GL/GA stuff.  But Marvel Legends, whether ToyBiz or Hasbro, has made virtually all of what I wanted and the quality dropoff has been significant enough for me to skip stuff I probably would have bought out of the ToyBiz line.  Hasbro dropped the ball, thinking that the line would carry itself with both a price increase and a drop in quality.  Oops. 

Mattel has done a decent enough job thus far, presumably following the ToyBiz model.  The only hanging doubt I have is Mattel's historical distribution problems.  I don't want to order sets online because many of these DC characters have little meaning to me.  I'll suck it up to get certain BAF figures but for the ones that mean little to me I'm being selective in the regular selections.  I'll look at the pics of wave 6 when they're available.  Right now I'm leaning to Shazam, although I have the Ross version (or other DC version, can't remember).  Same with Hawkman, but the one I already have is pretty good. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 08:28 AM »
Not too much for batman :(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 09:58 AM »
Oh I don't feel any guilt at all like that.  Make mine Marvel applies to me as I mostly only read Bat titles and maybe some GL/GA stuff.  But Marvel Legends, whether ToyBiz or Hasbro, has made virtually all of what I wanted and the quality dropoff has been significant enough for me to skip stuff I probably would have bought out of the ToyBiz line.  Hasbro dropped the ball, thinking that the line would carry itself with both a price increase and a drop in quality.  Oops. 

Mattel has done a decent enough job thus far, presumably following the ToyBiz model.  The only hanging doubt I have is Mattel's historical distribution problems.  I don't want to order sets online because many of these DC characters have little meaning to me.  I'll suck it up to get certain BAF figures but for the ones that mean little to me I'm being selective in the regular selections.  I'll look at the pics of wave 6 when they're available.  Right now I'm leaning to Shazam, although I have the Ross version (or other DC version, can't remember).  Same with Hawkman, but the one I already have is pretty good. 

Yeah, that's true Brent, and I'm much the same way.  Throughout the long run of Legends from ToyBiz (and some from Hasbro), they covered the majority of what I wanted to see.  I'll always be in for additional Spidey rogues and friends/family, and maybe the other odd character here or there, but I am starting to question which characters I really "need".  Whether it was for impulse buys or just to get BAF pieces, there are some figures on my shelf that I think "did I really need this guy?".  It might be the fact that everything seems to be costing more these days, or other lines are taking more cash these days, but I'm sort of hoping that the Legends do start winding down at this point.  Plus, like you mentioned, Mattel's product has been looking really good so far - and if they can get distribution down better, it will be a winner.  I think in some cases they have had the benefit of watching the Legends line for the past few years, to see what works and what doesn't.  It should (hopefully) be a good run from the DCU ahead now.