Author Topic: DC Universe Classics Recall?  (Read 2517 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics Recall?
« on: June 6, 2008, 11:58 AM »
I was just reading a thread over at the Fwoosh that is saying that many TRU locations (not all...yet) are pulling a number of Mattel lines from the shelves this week.  There isn't a reason yet (although speculation points to safety issues), but some members have already seen lines like The Dark Knight, Speed Racer, DCU Classics, and Kung Fu Panda pulled from the shelves.  I don't know if this will eventually be nationwide or not.  I was at our local store yesterday, and saw both TDK and DCUC stuff on the pegs.  Apparently this hasn't happened at any other stores, so it may just be a TRU thing.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 12:15 PM by Scott »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #1 on: June 6, 2008, 12:41 PM »
Could it have anything to do with the JLU line going exclusive to Target?  Maybe they're pulling them in a move to reset their superhero action figure and movie sections?

Just sptiballing here.  I haven't seen any reports that Mattel was pulling more toys for paint or other safety reasons.  If it was a big issue it seems like it would be across all stores and they'd publicize it, especially after the flack they took last year.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #2 on: June 6, 2008, 01:14 PM »
I haven't seen any reports that Mattel was pulling more toys for paint or other safety reasons.  If it was a big issue it seems like it would be across all stores and they'd publicize it, especially after the flack they took last year.

Me either... but could this move be the start or an early warning sign?   ???

I don't know if it's true or not that there will be a recall or what, but like Brian said, a LOT of toy boards seems to be reporting Mattel Toys disappearing at TRUs and apparently some Targets as well today.  Man, if Mattel has another lead paint recall and it affects all their Summer Toy Lines (KFP, Speed) and big names like Batman/DC, They are going to lose a TON of cash I would think...  and after last year's debacle, heads are going to roll at Mattel I'm sure.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #3 on: June 6, 2008, 02:33 PM »
I'm guessing this is just a cover to pull all the Speed Racer crap that isn't selling at all.   ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #4 on: June 6, 2008, 02:52 PM »
Maybe sales are tanking on these dude lines (speed racer) and mattel is creditting stores so they  will carry new lines like this Infinity Heroes, (which I one have been waiting for).    
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.