Author Topic: DC Universe Classics  (Read 43535 times)

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #165 on: August 5, 2009, 12:19 AM »
It's the wave 4 Batman Beyond figure.  Not a KB exclusive though - I've seen it at Wal Mart and I *think* I saw it at Target as well.  It's at a couple of online joints as well.  I've actually seen it more than the standard figure.

John

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #166 on: August 5, 2009, 08:49 AM »
Not a KB exclusive though

It was originally though.  After KB **** the bed, all the unsold unmasked BB and sonic arm Cyborgs were sent back to Mattel and they started including the figures in future cases, thus them showing up at other stores.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #167 on: August 13, 2009, 02:57 PM »
Packaged pics of this year's Wal-Mart wave are up online.  Really a nice wave overall, hopefully it is much easier to find than last year's.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #168 on: August 13, 2009, 05:35 PM »
Thankfully there's nothing in that wave I'm dying to get.  I still want an Atom and the Riddler  ::)  If those are easy to get I'd grab a couple of them, but not at the earlier Wally Wave pricing.  $40 for an Atom.  Ugh. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #169 on: August 13, 2009, 09:46 PM »
I'm hoping if these are really elusive, i can at least get Joker and Man-Bat before they get too ridiculously overpriced in the after market. I'd gladly take them all though if given the oppertunity.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #170 on: August 14, 2009, 12:04 AM »
Those two look remarkably similar to earlier Mattel releases, at least from the recent pictures.  Man-Bat looks pretty much identical and the Joker too.  I thought Joker was supposed to be this awesome do-over, but it didn't look appreciably different.  Maybe side by side pictures will tell a different tale.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #171 on: August 14, 2009, 08:29 AM »
The Man Bat is a reuse of the SDCC white albino one a few years back.  The Joker is completely new using the Gentleman Ghost body.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #172 on: August 14, 2009, 10:53 AM »
The Man Bat is a reuse of the SDCC white albino one a few years back.  The Joker is completely new using the Gentleman Ghost body.

How can the Joker be completely new if he uses the Gentleman Ghost body?   ???   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #173 on: August 14, 2009, 06:01 PM »
I think the idea is that he's a completely new Joker.  Not a remake of the old Joker from the pre DC Superheroes line (whereas the nightwing in the DC superheroes line reused an old mold, and didn't fit the look of the line).

I still have the old Joker, and this one is completely different.  And if you're a fan of the Marshall Rodgers Joker, he's totally awesome.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #174 on: August 14, 2009, 06:35 PM »
Yeah, this Joker is completely different - and from the pics we've seen - way better.  I have the older one as well, and while it is currently displayed with the rest of my DC lineup, he looks tiny and out of place.  I'm really looking forward to this new version, and hope it is somewhat easy to find.  I still question including such a "big name" like this in an exclusive wave.  I can see some of the others in this wave, but the Joker has to be on of the top 10 (if not five) DC characters to the general public.

On a hopeful note, our local WM was resetting their toy section today and had a space for DCUC figures for the first time ever.  I hope that is a sign that these will be a little easier to find than last year's WM wave - which never showed here at all.  I'd still like a Riddler (and maybe an Atom), but like Brent, I don't want to pay $40.  From this wave, I'd definitely like the Joker and Man Bat - and maybe a couple others (Beast Boy, probably the Black Batman, and maybe Power Girl).

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #175 on: August 16, 2009, 11:25 PM »
I love this Wal Mart wave - probably my favorite wave to date (except maybe the Grodd wave).  And like everyone I'm hoping they're not as elusive as wave 5.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #176 on: August 18, 2009, 12:36 PM »
AFI has a closer look at the upcoming Wal-Mart exclusive wave (or, wave 10 I guess).  I also noticed that in the Matty Q and A at that site, they do confirm that the prices will be going up starting with waves 11 and 12.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #177 on: August 18, 2009, 02:19 PM »
Maybe side by side pictures will tell a different tale.

Different enough for ya?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #178 on: August 18, 2009, 03:14 PM »
Really looking forward to that Joker.  I noticed that ToyOtter over at AFI has posted a pic using the old Super Powers cardback and filling it in with the DCUC equivalents that have been released so far (or soon will be).  It is kind of neat to see, and they really have focused on those characters pretty well.  I have fond memories of the old Super Powers line, so I thought it was kind of spiffy.  Sort of makes me want a Dick Grayson Robin though.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #179 on: August 19, 2009, 01:11 AM »
I saw the Infinite Heroes 6-pack with Robin, Cyborg, Raven, etc for the first time at Wal Mart today.  They had reset their toy aisle (as had another in the area) and had a space for the Gotham 5 pack as well.  According to the woman in the toy department they'll be here on Thursday...definitely gonna make a trip over there that morning.

I actually had my first moment of bad luck with DCUC line the other day.  I was opening the wave 8 figures I have, and Hawkgirl's left hand snapped off, leaving the peg in the arm.  Bummer.  :|  All things considering, not bad that this is the first one I've had any issues with.

John