Author Topic: DC Universe Classics  (Read 43566 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #180 on: August 19, 2009, 01:12 AM »
Yes Mikey, different enough.  Thank you for the picture. 

I think the size upgrade is enough to want it.  I do like the original facial expression more though, but I confess to not being up on the comics.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #181 on: August 20, 2009, 11:40 PM »
Thank you, Ms. Wal Mart Toy Lady.  :)

I got there at 6:30 and they had two of them out.  I put up a review and a good supply of pics for anyone interested.

http://www.figureportal.com/2009/08/20/review-wal-mart-exclusive-dcuc-gotham-city-5-pack/

John

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #182 on: September 7, 2009, 01:33 PM »
Not sure about that Two-Face.  I think I like the earlier one better, with black and white outfit. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #183 on: September 7, 2009, 01:44 PM »
I saw that pack this weekend, but can't really afford it right now.  I'm sort of on the fence with this one.  I'd like the Luthor, Superman, and Batman - but could care less about the Two Face really.  Catwoman I could give to our daughter I suppose, or keep.  Speaking of which...I've been meaning to post this in the classifieds as well, but does anyone here happen to have an extra DCUC Batgirl (Barbara Gordon version)?  Probably a long shot, but I thought I'd check.  Our daughter has been way into Batgirl lately, and we sort of wanted to get her some sort of version of her.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #184 on: September 7, 2009, 04:43 PM »
Brian,
If you'd like I'd buy the Two-Face and Catwoman from you and pay the shipping of course.  No worries if not, but if you can swing that I'd be fine not getting the other three.  Otherwise I'll probably go after the older Two-Face; it seems the release of this pack has driven his price down and for that I am thankful.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #185 on: September 7, 2009, 05:28 PM »
Brian,
If you'd like I'd buy the Two-Face and Catwoman from you and pay the shipping of course.  No worries if not, but if you can swing that I'd be fine not getting the other three.  Otherwise I'll probably go after the older Two-Face; it seems the release of this pack has driven his price down and for that I am thankful.

I'll let you know Brent.  I didn't actually see this at our closest store, but at an "out of the way" WM, so I'm not sure when we'll get back there.  I may head over after I have a little extra money again, and I'll keep you posted.  If I pick it up, you're definitely welcome to the Two Face - and I'll see if our daughter is interested in the Catwoman or not.  Thanks for the offer.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #186 on: September 8, 2009, 11:53 AM »
I picked up the 5-pack, nice set overall. Only one on the shelf.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #187 on: September 9, 2009, 10:46 AM »
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #188 on: September 9, 2009, 11:24 AM »
DCUC wave 12

Wow, interesting lineup.  Not necessarily a "big hitter" in that wave overall.  I'm doing my best to get more selective with this line, but all the figures do look pretty nice.  Even though I have the DCSH Darkseid, I sort of like the looks of this new CnC version too.  They really are covering all corners of the DCU with this line though, so that's pretty cool.  Admittedly, I've just gotten familiar with some of these characters over the past few years now, but I'm sure long-time DCU fans are giddy with some of these lineups.

Offline Alyosha

• Youngling
  • Nemesis Creator
    • View Profile
    • BrokenArrowToys.com
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #189 on: September 9, 2009, 11:27 AM »
I grabbed the Green Lantern First Flight BluRay pack with bonus figure last week (before my printer took a poop, or else I would've saved that cash) and noticed that the figure has the new articulation that Mattel had reported they were intending to do.  Ball jointed knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, and swivel wrists.  A pretty big improvement even if they still do seem a little on the smallish 3 3/4 side. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #190 on: September 9, 2009, 12:33 PM »
Nice! Another Super Powers figure down.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #191 on: September 9, 2009, 03:02 PM »
Nice looking set, though i don't actually know half the characters. This might be the first wave so far that I'm not interesting in getting a complete set, mostly cuz as nice as the BAF looks I'm happy with my DC Superheroes Darkseid. Digging that Copperhead!

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #192 on: September 9, 2009, 11:46 PM »
Wow, I wasn't expecting that.  Wave 12 looks quite nice.  I'm real happy to see Eclipso and the Spectre - those were two figures I didn't expect to see any time soon.  The only real "meh" figure for me is Copperhead.  I'm not certain I need a new Darkseid either as I love the DCSH one.  That said, I'm curious to see his size.  Since putting together a number of the C&C figures, the DCSH version is looking kind of small.  He doesn't need to be huge, but hopefully they've upped the scale a bit on him (and hopefully we can switch out that gold hand with a regular one). 

Has anyone been seeing the Gotham city 5 pack lately?  I know it hit a few weeks back, but I'm not sure if it's come and gone, or just started to surface.  I would love to get the set for retail, and am curious if there's still a chance of that happening.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #193 on: September 10, 2009, 09:51 AM »
I'm seeing the Gotham set pretty frequently around here.  It doesn't appear to be selling that well - either that or Wal Marts here have ordered healthy quantities.  Hopefully they're selling well - I'd hate for them to sit around an in turn see Wal Mart order less of wave 10.

John

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #194 on: September 13, 2009, 08:24 PM »
Just thought I'd pass this along for anyone interested, but I got an e-mail from BBTS stating that one of the Wave 9 figures I preordered (Wildcat) likely wouldn't get shipped.  I had ordered others from this wave earlier (that are shipping now), but ordered Wildcat later.  Anyways, apparently Mattel told them that they "grossly underproduced" this wave, and a number of retailers are getting this news.  If this is true, you may want to grab these if/when you see them at retail.  Just thought I'd pass it along just in case.