Author Topic: DC Universe Classics  (Read 43290 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #30 on: December 5, 2008, 02:09 PM »
Still needing an Atom and a Riddler from the newest wave. 

So does the entire state of Massachusetts.  From what I know, they haven't hit at a single WM here and the closest is a few WM's down in Rhode Island. If they hit, the Riddler shouldn't be too difficult because he's packed two to a case.  Everyone else is one per.  I have my eyes open and know what you need.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #31 on: December 5, 2008, 02:36 PM »
Just FYI that the 3packs of little DC Infinity figures are marked down to $13 at Target this week.  Still not a great deal for 3 figs, but way better than the $17 regular price.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #32 on: December 5, 2008, 03:29 PM »
Still needing an Atom and a Riddler from the newest wave. 

I am stilling hit up walmarts if i find another riddler or others i will let you know. Here's hoping for both of us.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #33 on: December 8, 2008, 03:58 PM »
Someone on the Fwoosh Forums has reported that the latest ToyFare has the next MattyCollector 2 pack in it, Ultraman and Alex Luthor.  There are (currently) scans at the above link, but I don't know how long they will last.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #34 on: December 8, 2008, 07:02 PM »
I have not read DC comics in a long time and i have no idea who they are. I obviously know the name Luthor but thats about it.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #35 on: December 8, 2008, 09:07 PM »
Ultraman and Alex Luthor (in that outfit) are silver age characters from Earth-3, which was the home of the Crime Syndicate of America.  That's the one where all our good guys are bad and bad guys are good.  Ultraman = bad guy Superman, Owlman = bad guy batman, Power Ring = bad guy GL, etc. 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #36 on: December 9, 2008, 07:31 AM »
Alex Luthor looks like a dinkus and not in a good way like Killer Moth.  Although the figures look good, I'm passing.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #37 on: December 9, 2008, 09:33 AM »
I remember the characters from Crisis on Ininite Earths, but agree that they are a bizarre choice. 
I'm still wondering what's going on with the first matty collector set.  I seem to recall that there was an announcement a few weeks back saying that they would have a release date "any day".  Unless I missed it, I'm still waiting.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #38 on: December 9, 2008, 10:01 AM »
I'm pretty sure that the Adam Strange/Starfire two pack is scheduled to go on sale at MattyCollector.com on January 15th (MOTUC Skeletor is also scheduled for that release date).  As far as this new pack, although I'm familiar with who these characters are I really don't have any desire to own them I guess.  I knew that I wasn't going to be able to stay "complete" with this line anyways, so I'd be passing on this set either way.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2008, 06:42 PM »
I just saw the Movie Masters Bat-Pod tonight at Target, it's on sale for $14.99.  I think that's the first time I've seen it but, man, that thing rocks.  Any of you guys have one?

I'm thinking I might snag one and then see if I can find a DK Batman to go with it.  I might have come home with one tonight but they only had Batman Begins MM figures so I passed (they were on sale also).  Maybe tomorrow when I hit Walmart.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2008, 09:21 AM »
I saw that Movie Masters Bat-Pod at Target yesterday too, and have to admit I was tempted at $14.99.  If we weren't so tight right now with other things, I might have bit on one.  I wanted one at $20, so the lower price seemed even better.  It does look like a nice toy.  Our local store actually had a ton of these on the shelf (and has for awhile).  I kind of thought these would sell out right away, being an exclusive and part of the usually quickly selling Movie Masters line.  The figures are all sold out around here again.  As a side note, the Dark Knight DVD seemed to be selling like crazy when I stopped to pick up our copy (and one for my dad for Christmas) yesterday.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2008, 10:11 AM »
I didn't realize the Bat-Pod was a Target exclusive.  I'm going to pick one up and then look for a DK Batman later I think.  Maybe Target will get some more before the week is out and the sale is over.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2008, 09:46 PM »
I wish we could have gotten this Riddler instead of the version we got it. This would have been a nicer nod to the Super Powers line.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2008, 09:14 AM »
I'm assuming that's a repainted Green Lantern?
As for the Super Powers line, there was no Riddler in that line, was there?  I can't recall one.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2008, 09:31 AM »
I'm assuming that's a repainted Green Lantern?
As for the Super Powers line, there was no Riddler in that line, was there?  I can't recall one.

It was released in the Super Amigos line and it too was a repainted Green Lantern.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 10:15 AM by evenflow »