Author Topic: DC Universe Classics  (Read 43285 times)

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2008, 10:00 AM »
AFI has posted their own Fan's Choice results for the DCUC line, and here's the list of 8 (more details on each at the linky):

Black Canary
Zatanna
Phantom Stranger
Swamp Thing
Black Adam
Poison Ivy
Deadshot
Catman

I'd have to say that I'd be interested in most of those figures listed.  There are others (Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter, Dick Grayson Robin, Wally West Flash, Joker, etc.) that I'd like to see as well, but I'm sure those are on the way eventually.  I really hope we see a Zatanna figure sooner than later in this line too.

I agree, those all sound good.  And although he's only a bit character I would LOVE to see what the 4-horsemen could do with Swamp Thing.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #61 on: January 1, 2009, 06:51 PM »
I picked up a Dark Knight Batman and Joker at TJ Maxx today for $5.99 each.  I was happy to add them.  Next up I'm hoping the clearance price on the Bat Pod drops at least one more time then I'll pick one of those up.

Target also got a lot of new Mattel items this week after not really having anything for months leading up to Christmas.  They had a bunch of the new 3.75" figures from the Infinite Heroes line. Batman, Power Girl, Batwoman, Black Adam and others.

They also had all of the figures from the DCU line with the Gorilla Grodd build-a-figure.  I don't htink they've ever had those before.  Some nice looking figures in that wave, like Aquaman and Harley Quinn.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2009, 08:46 AM »
Just a heads up for anyone looking, but I did find DCUC Wave 6 (Hawkman wave) at a WM across town over the weekend.  They also had some of the newer (newest?) Infinite Heroes, with Batman/Nightwing/Joker/Scarecrow on the pegs.  This is the only WM (of our three) in town that is carrying DCUC at all (so far), but they never had the exclusive wave.  I might have to hit up ebay for a Riddler at some point.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2009, 10:09 AM »
Just a heads up for anyone looking, but I did find DCUC Wave 6 (Hawkman wave) at a WM across town over the weekend. 

Gah :o  I still haven't acquired anything from Wave 5.  I keep hoping these will show up again up north, but nothing since wave 1, which sold very well IMO.  Still needing these and I'm guessing ebay may have to accept some of my money instead of just providing it to me. 

Wave 5
The Riddler
The Atom

Wave 6
Hawkman
Shazam - maybe
Killer Moth - maybe

Wave 7 (Atom Smasher BAF) - 2009
The Flash (Barry Allen)
Kid Flash (Wally West)
Captain Cold
Booster Gold
Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
Aquaman (Blue Costume)
Big Barda
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2009, 01:20 PM »
Brent,

I got tired of waiting/searching, so I ordered sets for waves 7 & 8.  My wave 7 set comes with an extra Booster Gold (one of each costume), so if you don't care which costume you get I should have an extra one.

As for 5 & 6, yeah, pretty frustrating.  I'm also looking for the Mongul/Cyborg supes 2 pack.  I'll wait a while, but have a feeling I may end up resorting to e(vil)-bay.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2009, 03:05 PM »
Whoops, I didn't edit down wave 7 in that post.  I don't actually want everything from the wave, so I'll pass on the Booster Gold. Thank you for offering it though.  Here's what I want from W7:

The Flash (Barry Allen)
Kid Flash (Wally West)
Captain Cold - would love to see a pic because the Alex Ross version is really nice
Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) - maybe
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2009, 06:00 PM »
Brent, you should be able to check out a couple pics of the Captain Cold figure HERE, if interested.  Looks pretty good, and I can't wait to get a Flash to add to the DC shelf.  Like you, I'm hoping to pick up Flash/Kid Flash/Captain Cold - and I'm not sure about the rest of the wave.  Its nicer now that its easier to order single figures from online retailers, since - at least so far - retail is spotty at best with this line.  Hopefully that will improve in 2009, but we'll see.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2009, 06:48 PM »
I'm thinking of ordering Adam Strange/Starfire 2-pack.  Anyone interested in just the Adam Strange?  If so, shoot me a PM.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #68 on: February 7, 2009, 11:50 AM »
Looks like Mattel is getting on the SuperHero Squad/Galactic Heroes/Combat Heroes/Robot Heroes craze, with DC "Minis".  From that pic, it looks like they are styled after that newer Batman (Brave and the Bold) cartoon on CN.  There also appears to be Toy Story ones, looking at AFI's gallery.

Looking at their display, I'm really looking forward to that DCUC Flash coming up.  Hopefully that wave will be shipping before too long.  The MOTUC display looks kind of spiffy too.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2009, 12:09 PM by Brian »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #69 on: February 7, 2009, 03:11 PM »
DCUC Wave 9 announced/shown at NYCC.  Can't wait for that Green Arrow figure, and looking forward to Black Canary and Deadshot as well.  The whole wave, once again, looks great.  Sounds like 4 "regular" waves for 2009, and another WM wave - supposedly with better distribution (never did see the last one around here).  Here's wave 9:

Green Arrow
Black Canary
Black Adam
Deadshot
Mantis (comic/Super Powers 50/50 split)
Guardian
Wildcat (Blue variant)

BAF: Chemo
« Last Edit: February 7, 2009, 03:38 PM by Brian »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #70 on: February 8, 2009, 08:42 AM »
During the presentation they also accidently showed a picture of an upcoming DCUC Joker picture. Not quick enough with the camera sadly...looked great.

Here are some other pics i took

Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #71 on: February 8, 2009, 02:46 PM »
Awesome pics - thanks for sharing!  Green Arrow is a must have out of that lot - wow!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #72 on: February 9, 2009, 08:17 PM »
As usual, the wave looks great.  The one thing that seems a bit odd to me is Chemo.  I guess I haven't seen him in comics in recent years, but that sure doesn't look like the Chemo I remember.  Nice touch with the Super Powers Mantis.  Kind of a bit character, but I actually want to get both of them.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2009, 09:53 AM »
I'm not sure if anyone here even collects them, but I'm wondering how the "Infinite Heroes" line is doing for Mattel.  Looking at this line next to the upcoming Marvel Universe figures, it seems like Mattel really needs to step it up on this line.  I also see that the debuted an Animal Man figure which is supposed to show what the "new figures" look like.  Aside from improved articulation, it didn't seem overly impressive to me.  Anyways, like I said, I don't know that anyone here really collects these anyways, but I'm wondering where this line is headed.  The scale/price is much more friendly, but the quality pales in comparison not only to DCUC, but also Hasbro's 3 3/4" stuff.  I have a few figures from this line, but never really actively collected it, and with the budget narrowing it would be the first to go.  Just wondering if anyone here is buying the Infinite Heroes stuff?

On a more positive note, the DCUC line continues to look amazing.  2009 looks to be a great year, and so many of my favorites are on the way with the Flash, Green Arrow, Deadshot, and more.  Although there's a whole lot of DC Universe to cover still, they've gone a long way towards covering my favorites already.  My top wants that aren't already announced at this point would probably be:

Zatanna
Martian Manhunter
Deadman
The Question
New Joker
Dick Grayson Robin
Wally West Flash

Plus, anything to fill out the Gotham ranks - villains or allies.  Also, for anyone interested, I noticed that BBTS (and likely other online retailers) have Wave 9 up for preorder.  With the way retail is around here for this line, I went ahead and ordered the figures I wanted and avoided the hassle.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 09:56 AM by Brian »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2009, 01:53 PM »
A new Joker was accidentily announced during the panel at NYCC. The went too far int he presentation and the picture of the Joker popped up and it looked really good. Cornboy mention it was in an upcoming wave so he will probably be in 10 or 11.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"