Author Topic: DC Universe Classics  (Read 43305 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2009, 09:46 AM »
I've wondered that myself.  The closest one is probably the one that came during the DC Superheroes line (Prior to DCUC), but even that one wasn't perfect.  He's a little on the short side, eyes are constantly looking up, and has a little bit of a hip problem.  I've heard the "mullet" version in Wave 6 is pretty decent, but it still isn't the "real" Superman.  They could really stand to go all-out with a true version of the boy scout - just looking at the recently released Flash, as well as Green Lantern, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman - those are all pretty perfect for each character (as well as a handful of Batman figures) - so Supes could use an upgrade.

On a side note, there hasn't been a lot of DCUC around here lately.  WM still doesn't carry the line locally, and Target has had a Firestorm and Cyborg on the pegs for awhile.  TRU has had some Wave 7 (actually still does), so that has been the place to be.  I've been surprised to actually see this line "sit" for a bit, but TRU has had a couple of Kid Flashes, Barda (including the variant), and Captain Colds on the pegs for a couple weeks now.  Flash seems to sell out right away, but otherwise it seems to be sitting - which is surprising to me.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2009, 12:24 PM »
It looks like this was announced over the weekend, but ActionFigureInsider had an exclusive sneak peek at an upcoming DCUC figure of Power Girl.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2009, 12:42 PM »
It looks like this was announced over the weekend, but ActionFigureInsider had an exclusive sneak peek at an upcoming DCUC figure of Power Girl.

Wow, that's even better than the one that came out a few years ago.  Thanks for sharing!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2009, 10:07 AM »
I got a couple of Wave 8 figures in my BBTS shipment yesterday, Hawkgirl and Dr. Fate.  Both a really nicely done, but I can't say I've had a complaint about many of Mattel's DCUC figures so far.  I've sort of been trying to slow down on the 6" figures, since they are really eating up space, but I think the DCUC is getting closer to closing out the characters I'd really like to see.  I'll always continue to buy the Batman/Gotham-based characters, but aside from that I think I'm winding down on this line.  I'm looking forward to Green Arrow and Black Canary in wave 9 (as well as Deadshot/Black Adam), and after that I'm just hoping for new Gotham figures, a nicer Superman (as mentioned earlier in this thread), and a few other favorite characters I'd still like to see (Martian Manhunter, Zatanna, Deadman, The Question, etc.)  Really a nice line overall though so far.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2009, 03:57 PM »
Wave 7 showed at our TRUs finallly.  I got to see Kid Flash in person and was thankful I didn't buy him.  Waaaaaaaaay too small he is.  Looks like the Wonder Woman wave also showed, though no Artemis to be found.  Hoping wave 8 will show and I can pick up the Hawkgirl figure.  I'm still holding out hope that Canadian Walmarts will get the bulk of the exclusive wave, but I've heard nothing of them showing up, so I'm still without the Atom.  But at least product is trickling into stores, even if it is only TRU. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #125 on: May 26, 2009, 09:19 AM »
It seems like - at least locally - that the Flash sells out from this wave and the rest sits for the most part.  I'm starting to see Captain Colds sitting at both TRU and Target, and Kid Flash, Barda, etc. haven't been too tough to find either.  I've continued to see a lot of Cyborgs and a lone gold Captain Atom that has been sitting at TRU forever.  Our local WM still doesn't sell these at all, although the one across town has some Wave 6 on the pegs last time I was there.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #126 on: June 16, 2009, 01:10 PM »
Ordered the new set from Matty yesterday, very surprised it sold out so fast. I had contemplated waiting, glad i didnt.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #127 on: June 17, 2009, 12:17 AM »
Ordered the new set from Matty yesterday, very surprised it sold out so fast. I had contemplated waiting, glad i didnt.

Who's in the latest set?
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2009, 10:54 PM »
Ultraman and Luthor.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #129 on: June 23, 2009, 03:01 PM »
For anyone interested, I just got an e-mail from BBTS saying that the latest DCUC two-packs are in stock (Superman/Brainiac, Mud Batman/Clayface).  I believe they were available other places as well (EE), but I just thought I'd pass it along.  I've got the Supes/Brainiac pack in my "pile of loot", but I'm still on the fence with the other one.  I already have Clayface, but I sort of want the variation of Batman for some reason.

On another DC note, I noticed that all of our local Targets have the Infinite Heroes 3 packs on clearance (right now I think they're roughly $11).  I don't know if this line is dying out, or if Target is just clearing out these packs, but there could be some decent deals for those interested.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 03:04 PM by Brian »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #130 on: June 23, 2009, 03:24 PM »
I already have Clayface, but I sort of want the variation of Batman for some reason.

I only want the Clayface, so you can have the Batman (we'll work something out).
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #131 on: June 24, 2009, 10:20 PM »
This might be old news - but I hadn't seen it mentioned:  I noticed in this thread at the Fwoosh, it says that ToyFare has a premiere pic of the Fan's Choice The Question figure for the DCUC line.  There's also a scan posted (at least for now), and it looks pretty good to me.

Edit: Another pic HERE
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 10:25 PM by Brian »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #132 on: June 27, 2009, 10:02 AM »
Matty's Facebook page has pics up of Wave 9 (carded and loose), and they look pretty nice.  I'm not a carded collector guy, certainly not with anything outside of SW really at all, but the way they packaged some of those figures (Green Arrow and Black Canary in particular) looks kind of spiffy.  Really looking forward to this wave, and I'm starting to get really into this line again.  I think Mikey mentioned it in the Marvel thread, but there is a GL-heavy wave rumored to be on the way later this year - and I've been way into those comics lately as well.  Could be some good stuff.  Really jazzed we're getting Green Arrow though.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2009, 10:50 AM »
Wow, Canary and Green Arrow are must haves from that set. Almost a shame to open them as well - Mattel is doing a really nice job posing these in package.  Thanks for the pics!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #134 on: July 3, 2009, 11:05 AM »
I received the Superman/Brainiac 2 pack via BBTS yesterday, and it is pretty nicely done.  I know earlier in this thread Scott mentioned there not really being a "classic" Superman for this line yet, and if they would re-do the "heat vision eyes" of this Supes - I think we'd have him.  Much like the poo-splattered Batman from the other 2 pack, they are "this close" to having just about perfect versions of the big 2.  I continue to be impressed by this line overall.  The figures I've picked up so far have just been nice and solid, not really any troubles standing or falling over, or anything else like that.  Plus, the sculpts are solid and the articulation is just enough without getting too crazy.  Nice line so far.

Also, somewhat related, I've been reading on the AFI forums that there are rumors of a price jump to $15 each for DCUC, starting with Wave 11.  Who knows if it is true, but that'll force me to get even pickier from now on with this line.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2009, 12:45 PM by Brian »