Author Topic: G.I. Joe Combat Heroes  (Read 2347 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Combat Heroes
« on: February 2, 2009, 09:22 AM »
I don't know if anyone buys them here or not, but I noticed the first wave of the Combat Heroes were being clearanced out at our Wal-Mart.  It seems to vary by pack (Snake Eyes/Zartan scanned at $3, Bazooka/Firefly at $1), but not bad deals if anyone's looking to grab some cheap or for kiddos.

I'm not sure about this movie stuff either.  I'll probably pass on most to all of it as well, although knowing me, I'll probably pick up a Snake Eyes at least (and maybe Storm Shadow).  Unless something changes from the trailers/preview pics, I don't see how the rest of the line is going to be very interesting on the pegs.  Aside from head differences, almost all of the figures could just use the same body with the all-black gear.  Again, maybe there are costume differences in the movie, but we haven't seen them so far.

Also, HissTank has a look at what the packaging will look like for the upcoming "Hall of Heroes" line for the Joes.  I wonder what the pricepoint on these, which look to be essentially repacks in new packaging, will be.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2010, 03:12 PM by Scott »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Combat Heroes
« Reply #1 on: March 6, 2010, 03:37 PM »
Hasn't this line been cancelled?  I loved the ARAH stuff, but the movie "heroes" seemed to have caused this line to come to an ubrupt halt.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 6, 2010, 08:00 PM »
Hasn't this line been cancelled? 

That's what I've heard/read as well.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 05:17 AM »
Yup, this line is dead. So I started picking some of them up. I got the first wave of classics at BBTS for $7 last week during their sale, and I've picked up a couple of movie figure packs. It helps to know it's a finite line, I guess, and lack of anything new for Joe at retail is kind of driving me nutty.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk