Author Topic: DC Universe Classics Wave 18  (Read 7650 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics Wave 18
« on: February 14, 2011, 11:36 AM »
Wave 18:

Bronze Tiger (masked and unmasked heads included)
Toyman
Captain Boomerang (modern)
El Dorado
Samurai
Black Vulcan

Apache Chief CnC

Available first at Walmart this Fall, then other retailers (similar to wave 15 last year with Kmart).

Good wave for Super Friends fanatics.  I'm definitely grabbing BT, Toyman and Boomerang.  Still thinking about the three Super Friend stereotype heroes.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 10:49 AM by Scott »
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: DC Classics wave 18
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 02:17 PM »
Just checking pictures of that wave today as well.  As always, the figures look very nicely done.  Like you said, great for Super Friends fanatics.  I watched that show a lot as a kid, although I'm sort of on the fence on whether to pick these up or not.  I'd definitely like to get Captain Boomerang, and Bronze Tiger actually looks pretty neat as well.  I'm trying to get more selective with this line (and everything really), so we'll have to see.  This is another wave where I'm surprised at the real lack of a "big gun".  Not that collectors need them, but there really isn't even someone you could remotely consider a well known character in this wave.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 03:20 PM »
Once again, a BAF I want with hardly any regular line figures of interest.  Anyone interested in most of the figs but not Apache?  Feeling like I need to get him and Black Vulcan to round out my super friends.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 03:44 PM »
Similar to Mikey D, I plan on getting Black Tiger, Boomerang, Toy Man.  Possibly add Samuria as well (as I used to have the old Super Powers version).  I"m not really sure who the others are, and couldn't care less about the Apache Chief C&C.  This is actually the first C&C that I don't really care about.
I'm also surprised by the lack of a "headliner".  Most waves have had at least one A or B lister.  The highlight of this wave is???

Not sure, to me maybe Boomerang?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 07:22 PM »
Similar to Mikey D, I plan on getting Black Tiger, Boomerang, Toy Man.  Possibly add Samuria as well (as I used to have the old Super Powers version).  I"m not really sure who the others are, and couldn't care less about the Apache Chief C&C.  This is actually the first C&C that I don't really care about.
I'm also surprised by the lack of a "headliner".  Most waves have had at least one A or B lister.  The highlight of this wave is???

Not sure, to me maybe Boomerang?

If you want to sell or trade your BAF pieces, please keep me in mind!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 10:26 AM »
Will do.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: DC Universe Classics Wave 18
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 11:18 AM »
The most exciting thing to me from toy fair (DCUC) was the Injustice Society 5 pack.  Hopefully it won't be difficult to get, as it looks great.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Re: DC Universe Classics
« Reply #7 on: August 8, 2011, 11:40 PM »
So, I got tired of trying to get Apache Chief, Samurai, & Black Vulcan at retail or on Ebay.  I ordered the full set of 6 from my comic provider at $16-18 per figure.  I have the following up for grabs at $12 each (no Apache part included).  We can figure out shipping if you're not local.

1x Bronze Tiger
1x El Dorado
1x Toyman
1x Captain Boomerang

Shoot me a PM if interested!

**Update: Bronze Tiger and Captain Boomerang are on hold.  The other two are still available.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 01:37 AM by JediJman »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 11:38 PM »
Last call on El Dorado and Toyman for $12 each.  If I don't hear anything by the weekend, I'll put them up on Ebay.

Andrew - hope you like Boomerang and the Kitty!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 04:53 PM »
Upgraded my Super Friends collection with three new additions... ;D