Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 285013 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #1065 on: July 18, 2011, 09:16 PM »
Often enough apparently.  Hold that Cable, I'll see what I can find for a Shocker.  Do you need carded or loose?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: July 18, 2011, 10:19 PM »
Often enough apparently.  Hold that Cable, I'll see what I can find for a Shocker.  Do you need carded or loose?

I'm opening Shocker anyway so loose is fine.  How do you want your Cable, carded or loose?  I can probably do either.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: July 19, 2011, 12:30 AM »
Loose is good for me. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1068 on: July 20, 2011, 06:44 PM »
http://www.toyark.com/news/san-diego-comic-con-58/sdcc-2011-marvel-universe-4425/

Beta Ray Bill and Kraven look awesome, i like the variant Abosrbing Man too.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: July 20, 2011, 10:30 PM »
BRB looks great!  Surprised to see him though...is he making a comeback in the comics or is this just another way to capitalize on Thor fever?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: July 21, 2011, 02:15 PM »
Crap. Hasbro is showing off a Gambit figure for the Marvel Universe line but it looks like a repaint with new head for the Wolverine version.  I have that figure and it sucks compared to the rest of the MU line.  No ankle articulation, no wrists, goofy hand pose and the hard plastic jacket is really limiting.

Was hoping for brand new and soft goods when they got around to him for the MU line.  Still no Rogue but I do want to see her done, especially since I think most of the female figs in the MU line so far have been excellent.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: July 21, 2011, 10:06 PM »
Saw the new Galactus with Silver Surfer tonight, as well as the Giant Sized X-Men multipack.  I've been able to ignore this line for a while, but those sets were awesome!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: July 24, 2011, 03:31 PM »
Lots of MU news out of SDCC it seems.  Here's some of the details (courtesy of MarvelousNews):

2012 Wave 1
Ultimate Spider-Man
Beast
Hulk
Beta Ray Bill
Kraven the Hunter

2012 Wave 2
Scarlet Witch
Future Foundation Spider-Man (with bag head Spidey variant)
Punisher
She Hulk
Kang

Other sneak peeks included: Nova, Hercules, Nighthawk, Puck, Jubilee, Angel, and new Fin Fang Foom for the Masterworks Series.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 24, 2011, 04:13 PM »
Love me some Shulkie.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 24, 2011, 04:18 PM »
Puck from Alpha Flight?

Does anyone younger than 40 know who that is?!?!

Have they made any other figures from that comic? I loved that.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: July 24, 2011, 09:08 PM »
Puck from Alpha Flight?

Does anyone younger than 40 know who that is?!?!

Have they made any other figures from that comic? I loved that.

Guardian.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: July 24, 2011, 09:43 PM »
Lots of MU news out of SDCC it seems.  Here's some of the details (courtesy of MarvelousNews):

2012 Wave 1
Ultimate Spider-Man
Beast
Hulk
Beta Ray Bill
Kraven the Hunter

2012 Wave 2
Scarlet Witch
Future Foundation Spider-Man (with bag head Spidey variant)
Punisher
She Hulk
Kang

Other sneak peeks included: Nova, Hercules, Nighthawk, Puck, Jubilee, Angel, and new Fin Fang Foom for the Masterworks Series.

Most of these are great choices.  I will definitely grab Scarlet Witch, Beta Ray Bill, She-Hulk, Hercules, and Beast if he looks good.  Might even get  Kang.  She-Hulk will be a true test of their commitment - do they use the same modl they've used for all the other females or do they go big?  Hoping they get a new mold and re-use for Red She-Hulk, Titania, etc. 

Nova, Puck, Nighthawk, Angel, and Kraven are all fine with me too.  I won't buy them, but we're past most of the A-List figures at this point.  These are mostly fringe characters, but I'm sure someone out there wants them the same way I want fringe Avengers (come on with the Black Knight already Marvel!).  I'm more dissapointed that we are seeing yet ANOTHER Hulk and Spidey showing up again in both waves!  Seriously, how many MU Spidermen do we need?  Not to mention the fact that Spidey has a seperate line of Spiderman characters that fit nicely with the MU stuff already.  I'd be willing to wager there are more 4" Spiderman figures than there are Iron Man figures at this point and that's pretty ridiculous.  I know the formula works for Vaders and Anakins and Yodas and Lukes, but we do not need any more Spiderman taking up assortment space. 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: July 24, 2011, 10:22 PM »
Both She Hulk and Scarlet Witch look fantastic, new bodies for each of em. They realy seem to be stepping up their game sculpt wise, the newer bodies look really nice.They've got a new Daredevil/Bullseye comic pack coming too that puts the old versions to shame.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: July 24, 2011, 10:48 PM »
Okay, looked up the pics on marvelousnews.com and these are pretty sweet!  Any word on where the regular version of Strange is going to pop up?  I saw a display box of these the other day at Target, but they were all Astral Plane Strange.  That Beta Ray and the Scarlet Witch are amazing!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: July 26, 2011, 09:48 AM »
this presentation blew away the SW presentation.