Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 282441 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2009, 01:40 AM »
I heard that Sabretooth will be packaged with the Blob figure, is that right?

The Wolverine is getting a solo package along with the bike.

Not sure about what kinds of multipacks are out there, but you can get numerous wolverines in many different outfits across both lines.  It should be a nice competition to see if there end up being more Wolverine or more Iron Men.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2009, 10:14 AM »
An online listing has shown what the lineup of Wave 2 of the MU Secret Wars comic packs might be (MarvelousNews):

Black Costume Spider-Man/Magneto
Iron Man/Spider Woman
Hulk/Cyclops

There's also some nice pics of Wave 1 at the linky.  Definitely looking forward to picking these up.  Secret Wars is one of the first things I remember from comics growing up, and the SW line of toys was one of my favorite as a kid.

Also at Marvelous News, apparently there was a glitch at the Fury Files website, and someone found the following figures listed on their site as well:

Spider-Man 2
Guardian
Iron Man (Silver)
Sub Mariner
Electro
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 10:19 AM by Brian »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2009, 11:15 AM »
An online listing has shown what the lineup of Wave 2 of the MU Secret Wars comic packs might be (MarvelousNews):

Black Costume Spider-Man/Magneto
Iron Man/Spider Woman
Hulk/Cyclops

There's also some nice pics of Wave 1 at the linky.  Definitely looking forward to picking these up.  Secret Wars is one of the first things I remember from comics growing up, and the SW line of toys was one of my favorite as a kid.

Also at Marvelous News, apparently there was a glitch at the Fury Files website, and someone found the following figures listed on their site as well:

Spider-Man 2
Guardian
Iron Man (Silver)
Sub Mariner
Electro

Definitely going to pick up the Spiderwoman/Iron Man and Iron Man Silver.  I hope Spidey 2 means a better sculpt - I'd like to get him but the wave 1 version is awful.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #138 on: March 18, 2009, 10:04 AM »
According to MarvelousNews, Hasbro has announced the "pick 5" winners from the Marvel Universe Fan's Choice poll.  They also say that the response was so good that they plan to do the top 7 (2 additional figures) in 2010 as well.  Here's the winners:

1. Archangel
2. Winter Soldier
3. Havok
4. Mystique
5. Mary Jane Watson
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 12:01 PM by Brian »

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #139 on: March 18, 2009, 11:16 AM »
Has anyone found or know where I can get the Nemesis Wave Marvel Legends figures? I just want the BAF Nemesis for my AOA group, but I am not willing to BBTS's $200 + for a case, and Ebay has the complete BAF for $60+ which is more than I want to spend. Any help will be most appreciated.

I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #140 on: March 18, 2009, 11:51 AM »
Has anyone found or know where I can get the Nemesis Wave Marvel Legends figures? I just want the BAF Nemesis for my AOA group, but I am not willing to BBTS's $200 + for a case, and Ebay has the complete BAF for $60+ which is more than I want to spend. Any help will be most appreciated.

I'm just looking for Tigra, but if I can get her you can have my VAF piece.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #141 on: March 18, 2009, 12:00 PM »
Looking at Hasbro's official release of the Marvel Universe poll, it looks like they are making 7 figures in total (not an additional seven) to make it "7 for the 70th".  They have revealed the top five, and will reveal the last two at a later date (Comic Con).

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Marvel Universe
« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2009, 12:41 PM »
According to MarvelousNews, Hasbro has announced the "pick 5" winners from the Marvel Universe Fan's Choice poll.

Not a bad selection, except maybe Mary Jane.  I'm curious whether Mystique will be the version we saw as a Legends figure with the white garb or in her black or burgundy outfits.  Personally I'm rooting for the latter.

John

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #143 on: March 18, 2009, 12:51 PM »
According to MarvelousNews, Hasbro has announced the "pick 5" winners from the Marvel Universe Fan's Choice poll.

Not a bad selection, except maybe Mary Jane.  I'm curious whether Mystique will be the version we saw as a Legends figure with the white garb or in her black or burgundy outfits.  Personally I'm rooting for the latter.

John

See, now I'm actually excited to get a Mary Jane figure.  I think we all always hoped the Legends line would see one (aside from the movie versions), and I'm glad that we'll get one in the MU line right off the bat.  I can see why some might be bored with that choice though, since she's not a "superhero" or anything.  Some of the picks are a little surprising, as I'd think characters like Mystique and the Winter Soldier would have had a decent chance of making the "regular" line.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Marvel Universe
« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2009, 01:10 PM »
I'm curious whether Mystique will be the version we saw as a Legends figure with the white garb or in her black or burgundy outfits.  Personally I'm rooting for the latter.

At Toy Fair Hasbro said they were shooting for "what you see is what you get", meaning the figure you were voting on was the version shown in the poll...

Of course those plans could always change, but I'm guessing if all goes as originally planned that puts "white dress" Mystique as the frontrunner.

Some of the picks are a little surprising, as I'd think characters like Mystique and the Winter Soldier would have had a decent chance of making the "regular" line.

Maybe that's the real reason that they bumped it up to seven figures?  Maybe 2 of the 5 were indeed already planned so they are adding 2 more because they have the room for them?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2009, 05:54 PM »
I like Mystique, not very happy about the ohter winners.   >:(

Here's hoping the remaining two were some of my selections.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2009, 08:23 PM »
Some of the picks are a little surprising, as I'd think characters like Mystique and the Winter Soldier would have had a decent chance of making the "regular" line.

Isn't that how a lot of these polls work out anyway?  When it's open to everyone, those not as familiar with the decision making process for a line's makeup vote for the characters they know rather than look for those that are far enough down the list that they usually don't get a shot.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Universe
« Reply #147 on: March 19, 2009, 10:06 AM »
Mary Jane is the only one who interests me. No surprise it is X heavy.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #148 on: March 20, 2009, 01:37 PM »
I'll be picking up Archangel and Mystique, and possibly Winter Soldier if I like it when I see it.

I have purchased about 1/3rd of the Marvel Universe figures to date, I expect that to continue.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #149 on: March 20, 2009, 07:19 PM »
If anyone's interested, I did see the actual "movie" Wolverine figures at both WM and TRU this afternoon.  I don't know if anyone is anxious to pick them up, but I saw the different Wolverines, Sabretooth, and the funky Deadpool.  WM in particular seemed to really be stocked up with the entire line.  I also found (and picked up) the "Back Road Brawl" set at TRU, which includes a comic Sabretooth and Logan with his motorcycle.  Its a pretty nice set if you're into the MU scale, the Sabretooth in particular is quite nice.