Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 282328 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #1410 on: October 11, 2012, 08:56 PM »
I hadn't seen much all year either, until this week.  Our local TRU did have the She Hulk, FF Spidey, Scarlet Witch wave on the pegs, but that's about the first I've seen this year.  Target has gotten that Psylocke/White Iron Fist/etc. wave a few times (and still has some), and our local WM doesn't even carry MU.  Much like SW, I'm up to date with this line just because I've ordered it all online from BBTS.  Still on the lookout for those other comic packs though, haven't seen the She Hulk/Wolverine ones, the only one our TRU seems to have gotten are the Spidey/Doom set (which is nice), Iron Man/Mandarin, etc.

I notice - at least so far - Hasbro didn't show anything MU at NYCC either.  I'm starting to wonder if this line has much of a future, or if they are just holding some things back and focusing on Iron Man 3 (and Legends).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1411 on: October 18, 2012, 01:48 AM »
OK so now that I know where to mention this, I've heard that Ross stores are getting a giant Sentinel figure for this line?  I can look for them if anyone needs help looking for these since Ross is pretty accessible to me on the weekends.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: October 18, 2012, 07:46 AM »
The cost of shipping one of those mothers would likely minimize the value a bit; they're big and heavy.  But just FYI, there are different versions, one with silver legs, which is the more common release, and then a classic comic color variant that has purple legs.  If you find one with purple legs, that can be good trade bait.

Another thing to look for is Galactus.  Again, there are two versions, one that's lighter colored with blue and purple, and one that's...um, dark blue and dark purple.  The Dark Galactus is the variant. I found two of them at TJ Maxx a couple months ago (kept one for me and gave the other to my friend who runs this Galactus fan site.  Either Galactus is kind of hard to find, but most people who collect this line have one, but if they don't, they'll want him really bad.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 07:46 AM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: October 18, 2012, 11:16 AM »
The Sentinel figures have shown up at TJ Maxx also.  I spotted one a couple of months ago but I didn't know about the variant so didn't pay attention.  It was in a crushed box so I didn't pick it up for trade bait.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: October 19, 2012, 04:37 PM »
wave 18 and 19 are up for individual characters on HTS.com  free shipping on orders over $50

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: October 24, 2012, 06:20 PM »
Wave 18
Beast (Post Messiah Complex) - maybe
Beta Ray Bill
Kraven The Hunter

Wave 19
Scarlet Witch
Punisher
Paper-bag Man Variant
She-Hulk
Kang

Wave 20
Angel
Nova (Annihilation)
Puck with Snowbird bird pack-in

Wave 21
Jubilee (Jim Lee's)
Professor X (Hover Chair)

Wave 22
Rhino
Mysterio
Elektra

2 Packs
Quicksilver and Wonderman (WCA Costume) - have to figure out if I bought this  ::)

Wave 6
Mr. Sinister and Gambit (Post Messiah Complex)

Wave 8
Captain America and Falcon (70's Deco)

Wave TBA
Secret Avengers Moon Knight and Ant-man (Eric O'Grady)

Spidey/Rhino comic pack - classic Rhino, yes?

Modifying my list thanks to HTS.com.  Unfortunately no Scarlett Witch for me, so still needing that one.  Still, can't complain when I gets me some Shulkie. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1416 on: October 24, 2012, 11:59 PM »
Nice that you got yourself some new stuff. I don't see any here. Still trying to get my hands on a Paper-bag Man Variant

Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1417 on: October 25, 2012, 12:35 AM »
Still have yet to see wave 18 or 19 at retail.  :-\
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: October 25, 2012, 08:56 PM »
Nice that you got yourself some new stuff. I don't see any here. Still trying to get my hands on a Paper-bag Man Variant

Thanks.  It appears they don't ship until mid-November, so Murphy's law will likely apply and I may find them locally first, though I doubt it.  None of our retailers up here have restocked anything with 'newer' waves in probably 4-5 months.  The wave with Psylocke was the last to hit and none of the major retailers, most notably Walmart and TRU, actually have pegs with any MU tags at the moment.  Lots of movie stuff (Cap/Thor/Avengers/Spidey/IM) but not the generic line.   :-\

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: October 25, 2012, 10:22 PM »
Didn't realize new stuff was on HTS... went ahead and snagged Kraven and Beast. Shouldn't have to think about this line anymore until the Jubilee/Xavier wave starts showing up.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: October 27, 2012, 06:20 PM »
Went out today and grabbed the She-Hulk/Wolvie two pack. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: October 28, 2012, 06:20 PM »
I finally, finally saw the Kraven/Beta Ray Bill wave on pegs. Sweet jesus, those looked nice!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: October 28, 2012, 07:48 PM »
I ordered miles morales (I called and confirmed it is him), the red hulk avengers 3 pack, and the CW Wolf pack set from HTS.  Holiday2012 for a 20% discount and free shipping since it was over $50

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: October 28, 2012, 11:14 PM »
Holiday2012 for a 20% discount

D'oh!  :-\

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: October 29, 2012, 05:33 AM »
Holiday2012 for a 20% discount

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU /rageguymeme

I ordered miles morales (I called and confirmed it is him), the red hulk avengers 3 pack

Ugh, forgot about Miles. Which wave is he supposed to be in again, and which listing is he on HTS? Might as well order him online and get it over with.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks