Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 282337 times)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #1575 on: September 23, 2013, 09:13 PM »
Got an Abomination and Cloak off of eBay.

Abomination is pretty tiny.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: September 25, 2013, 12:56 PM »
Saw Abomination and Grey Hulk yesterday.  And I was definitely disappointed with the size of both figures.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: September 27, 2013, 12:13 AM »
Ordered Mysterio on Amazon for $11.99. They also had newer figures like Electra, Rhino, etc. for the same price. Came to like $17 after tax and shipping but since I'll never see the figure in stores it's a decent price.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: September 27, 2013, 09:14 AM »
I saw a bunch of new MU figures at TRU yesterday...Abomination, Cloak, etc.

Why is Cloak called "Marvel Knights" on the package?!?!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1579 on: September 27, 2013, 11:19 AM »
It's because they will use the same packaging for Dagger.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: October 12, 2013, 03:00 PM »

Finally got this wave from BBTS and yeah, Abomination is kind of an abomination.  Not very cool really. 

If anyone stumbles across an extra Dagger during their hunts, keep me in mind.  I open my stuff so card condition matters not at all.  Since we're occasionally seeing stuff get stocked I'll do the same for anyone that needs. 

And this is largely the end of the Universe line, correct?  We'll only see it out of the Avengers themed line from this point on? 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: October 14, 2013, 04:14 PM »
we still have one more wave - the Omega Red wave - then basically everything is switching under an Avengers or movie line banner

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: October 14, 2013, 08:18 PM »
I found an Elektra figure on the pegs with Hercules today.  Is this a new figure?  Can't remember seeing her before in pictures or previous waves.  Also, anyone know if the Antman comic pack was ever released?

Brent - no sign of Dagger.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: October 14, 2013, 10:45 PM »
we still have one more wave - the Omega Red wave - then basically everything is switching under an Avengers or movie line banner

Thank you for the explanation.  No Omega Red wave up for pre-order on BBTS as of yet. 

I found an Elektra figure on the pegs with Hercules today.  Is this a new figure?  Can't remember seeing her before in pictures or previous waves.  Also, anyone know if the Antman comic pack was ever released?

Brent - no sign of Dagger.   :-\

Elektra is a new figure, as far as I'm aware.  She came in the wave with Mysterio and the new Rhino sculpt (Captain America was in there as well and I think it all shipped with some repacks like Iron Spider and a couple of Wolverines amongst other stuff). 

Don't think the Antman comic pack has come to fruition, at least not yet.  I've seen no pre-orders and there's nothing on Ebay at the moment.

Thanks for checking for Dagger, I think she'll be a little bit yet as it's a running change and that wave is only starting to hit isn't it?  Either way, appreciate the thought.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: October 15, 2013, 07:43 AM »

Thank you for the explanation.  No Omega Red wave up for pre-order on BBTS as of yet. 

It was there 1-2 months ago. I'm not going to bother searching BBTS because I hate their search engine and they fill their preorders last anyway.  But here is the EE link to the case:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HMVA1793E#.Ul0puMu9KSM
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: October 15, 2013, 10:01 AM »

I checked this out thoroughly and he's actually the right height and muscle mass IMO.  I think people are hung up on the torso joint/tooling and the immediate abs proportions around it. I snapped this pic on my way out the door this AM:

Marvel wikia lists Thor at 6' 6", Reed at 6' 1", Thing at 6' 0", and Abomination at 6' 8".  As you can see that would make Abomination the right size.  Possibly even a little too tall believe it or not.  Thing might be a little tall too.  Anyone who reads a lot of Marvel titles knows that the size of characters differs based on which artist is drawing them at any given time.  And you might even disagree with the official marvel wikia listings. Here's how Blonsky looked in his 2nd appearance:

If you put Abomination on the counter and stand back 5 feet and look at the figure, it eliminates the detail of the torso joint and you can see the proportions actually look pretty good.

I love the figure. 
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 10:05 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: October 16, 2013, 08:52 PM »

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: October 18, 2013, 07:25 PM »

I checked this out thoroughly and he's actually the right height and muscle mass IMO.  I think people are hung up on the torso joint/tooling and the immediate abs proportions around it. I snapped this pic on my way out the door this AM:

Marvel wikia lists Thor at 6' 6", Reed at 6' 1", Thing at 6' 0", and Abomination at 6' 8".  As you can see that would make Abomination the right size.  Possibly even a little too tall believe it or not.  Thing might be a little tall too.  Anyone who reads a lot of Marvel titles knows that the size of characters differs based on which artist is drawing them at any given time.  And you might even disagree with the official marvel wikia listings. Here's how Blonsky looked in his 2nd appearance:

If you put Abomination on the counter and stand back 5 feet and look at the figure, it eliminates the detail of the torso joint and you can see the proportions actually look pretty good.

I love the figure.

Bless you and your research.  I like him much better now that I know he's not a midget version.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: October 30, 2013, 10:01 PM »
I did some digging with the help of Greg and this is what I came up with:

http://imageshack.us/g/1/10376156/

I was tool lazy to edit the pics     ;D    ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: November 3, 2013, 10:13 PM »

If anyone stumbles across an extra Dagger during their hunts, keep me in mind.  I open my stuff so card condition matters not at all.  Since we're occasionally seeing stuff get stocked I'll do the same for anyone that needs. 

Much to my delight, I found A-Bomb and Dagger at my local Walmart yesterday afternoon (the entering of which violates all of my Walmart rules btw).  Only the single pair there but I'm wondering if this isn't a running change for Abomination as well? 

Also saw reports the Omega Red wave has hit in some locations.  Those I'm in need of and thank goodness I missed BBTS' presale listing...$74.99?  Seriously?