Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 282350 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #165 on: April 18, 2009, 02:00 AM »
TRU.com has Wave 2 of the Legends 2 packs up for pre order.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #166 on: April 18, 2009, 01:13 PM »

Tempting.  I would order if they listed the IM variant set separately. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #167 on: April 18, 2009, 03:53 PM »
Saw the new Wolverine, Sabretooth and Deadpool figures at Target today.  I'm still kind of pissed at what they've done to the Deadpool character for this film.  I'm a big fan of the comic book version and would loved to have had them stick to that but it doesn't seem that it's going that way.  May make for a good movie, we'll see, but not good for Deadpool fans I think.

The new Sabretooth that looks like like Liev Schreiber is a nice figure though. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #168 on: April 18, 2009, 08:49 PM »

Rumor is they aren't doing the variants now.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #169 on: April 18, 2009, 11:28 PM »

Rumor is they aren't doing the variants now.

Really?  Where did you hear that?  I thought they just showed the Sharon/Stealth IM at Toy Fair... ???
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #170 on: April 18, 2009, 11:37 PM »
Heard it over at Fwoosh. Not sure how solid it is. Thats why I said it was a rumor. I sure hope it's not as I really want the Stealth Iron Man 2 pack.

Picked up a AOA Sunfire at TJ Maxx for 7 bucks. He's been showing up at Marshalls as well. Glad I waited to pick him up.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #171 on: April 21, 2009, 12:58 PM »
Looks like they have a new segment over at Marvel.com called Geek-Lactus which is hosted by Jesse Falcon.  In this video, they premiere the SDCC exclusive Invaders set with Cap, Namor, Toro, and the Red Skull.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #172 on: April 22, 2009, 04:42 AM »
Meh, more MU stuff.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #173 on: April 24, 2009, 07:04 PM »
Picked up the TRU exclusive Sabretooth with free Logan and Motorcycle. Well that isn't the official name but pretty much why I bought it. I might sell the Logan and bike if anyone is interested in it.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #174 on: April 29, 2009, 12:28 PM »
Maybe I missed it, but what ever became of the 2nd Wal-Mart exclusive (Holocaust) wave?  Was it a "blink and miss it" at retail, or is it still on the way?  I thought we had seen it at Toy Fair again, but there hasn't been anything Legends-related at any of our local WMs for quite some time now.  I was hoping to pick up Black Bolt and maybe Tigra and Daredevil if/when it was released, but I haven't heard anything for awhile - which I guess is typical of anything Legendy since there is a big MU push right now.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #175 on: April 29, 2009, 03:12 PM »
Maybe I missed it, but what ever became of the 2nd Wal-Mart exclusive (Holocaust) wave?  Was it a "blink and miss it" at retail, or is it still on the way?  I thought we had seen it at Toy Fair again, but there hasn't been anything Legends-related at any of our local WMs for quite some time now.  I was hoping to pick up Black Bolt and maybe Tigra and Daredevil if/when it was released, but I haven't heard anything for awhile - which I guess is typical of anything Legendy since there is a big MU push right now.

I have seen a lot of it posted on ebay. The completed BAF is going for 60-90. I never saw any of it in stores, and never heard of it in stores. So where the stuff on line is coming from I haven't a clue.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #176 on: April 30, 2009, 12:36 AM »

I have seen a lot of it posted on ebay. The completed BAF is going for 60-90. I never saw any of it in stores, and never heard of it in stores. So where the stuff on line is coming from I haven't a clue.

Ditto - it seems to have gotten out there somehow, but I don't know anyone who's actually found it at retial.   ::)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #177 on: April 30, 2009, 12:53 AM »
The Nemesis/Holocaust wave has been mainly a Canadian thing. That's where I got my set. Still missing the regular Daredevil and Punisher though. It was supposed to be released a couple of months ago here in the States.
I remember my dream now.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Universe
« Reply #178 on: April 30, 2009, 09:23 AM »
I would like the wave but am not spending the 200.00 i have seen it go for.  >:(
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #179 on: April 30, 2009, 12:14 PM »
The Nemesis/Holocaust wave has been mainly a Canadian thing. That's where I got my set. Still missing the regular Daredevil and Punisher though. It was supposed to be released a couple of months ago here in the States.

Canadian online thing.  It never made it to brick and mortar stores here either as I would have picked up a few figures or helped folks out with it had I seen it.  The only dependable retailer was Walmart and they weren't that good about carrying the product anyway.  Like the Star Wars stuff, it always sold through quite quickly, but the managers of the toy departments always seemed more interested in the uber-cheap stuff. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.