Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 283533 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #1650 on: February 27, 2016, 02:39 AM »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: February 27, 2016, 11:37 AM »
Thanks for the info.  The two packs are $20, so I guess the Bike just takes the place of another figure.  :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: February 27, 2016, 08:03 PM »
Interesting.  You have to wonder if Hasbro saw what an utter sales bomb that All Star Avengers figure assortment turned out to be.  Especially since the Avengers Age of Ultron 2-packs seem to have been much better received. 

This version of Cap has considerably more articulation that the AAoU All Star figure.  And it's not a blatant reissue of that Winter Soldier version of Cap that came in the 2-pack.  Still, I think the Black Widow should have come with the motorcycle in the Age of Ultron line.  It fit the storyline of the movie and would have been a cool offering.  Anyhow, I'm looking forward to this release.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: February 29, 2016, 05:11 PM »
There is a 3.75 inch Captain America with a Motorcycle set at TRU for $19.99. Looks, well, not worth $19.99.

Saw this in a TRU store today.  And I'm getting the sense that this might be a TRU exclusive, kind of like the Avengers - Age of Ultron 2-packs were.

The Captain America figure actually looked pretty good.  Although the uniform does look pretty dark in color.  As for the motorcycle?  Eh.

I'm hoping for an Unmasked version of the Winter Soldier for this line.  The one we got in the last Cap line was kind of lacking.  But the articulation on this new Cap looked solid.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 05:16 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1654 on: March 1, 2016, 11:28 AM »
I saw it at WalMart so it isn't an exclusive

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: June 6, 2016, 03:09 PM »
Think this is the right thread?

I finally found NorthStar today at Gamestop unexpectedly. I figured he had to be out somewhere, I see them all over eBay.

Stoked to have most of Alpha Flight now. Shaman I can live without. Sasquatch in this scale seems like a glaring omission to me though.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: June 7, 2016, 09:34 PM »
I was surprised to find the Vision, Gamora armored Spider Man today   First time I've seen this wave.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: June 8, 2016, 05:26 PM »
I was surprised to find the Vision, Gamora armored Spider Man today   First time I've seen this wave.

Nice find!  What store?
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: June 19, 2016, 01:04 PM »

Found a freshly stocked case of this wave at a local Walmart last night. Grabbed Armored Spidey and left everything else (they had 1 of each and 2 Visions)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: June 27, 2016, 07:52 PM »

Nice find!  What store?

TRU

I also just found the TRU exclusive Cap & Iron Man 2-pack.  The back of the set also shows a Black Panther & Sharon Carter set. Has anyone found that yet?

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: June 28, 2016, 01:10 PM »
I have seen that set! I even took a picture of it and forgot to post it here. I passed on both sets though they look nice, the Carter/Panther set is especially well done.

Pics are pretty big, so here are links:
- Panther/Carter
- Cap/Iron Man

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: June 28, 2016, 08:16 PM »
I have seen that set! I even took a picture of it and forgot to post it here. I passed on both sets though they look nice, the Carter/Panther set is especially well done.

- Panther/Carter
- Cap/Iron Man

I need another Cap/Iron Man like I need another hole in the head, but I'll grab that Panther/Agent 13 set.  Cool.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: June 30, 2016, 12:34 PM »
Just picked up Chameleon on Amazon for $11. That wave never showed up here, surprise surprise, and I actually found out about it a week or 2 ago.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: July 1, 2016, 08:27 AM »
Just picked up Chameleon on Amazon for $11. That wave never showed up here, surprise surprise, and I actually found out about it a week or 2 ago.

Nice grab.  These are starting to hit clearance at Target now too as I saw a handful of them for $9 yesterday.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: July 1, 2016, 12:22 PM »

- Panther/Carter
- Cap/Iron Man

Black Panther looks solid!  As for the Sharon Carter?  A little less so.

It really is a bit puzzling why it's taking Hasbro so long to offer up some decent, well articulated versions of MCU Avengers.  Those TRU 2-packs got the ball rolling a little bit with Iron Man, Fury and Black Widow.  There was also a decent Falcon in there, too.  Ant Man was well done with the deluxe set featuring Antony, and we finally got that Civil War Cap with the motorcycle.  But we could still use a decent version of Thor, the Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Vision from AoU.  And that's not even taking into account Winter Soldier, Giant Man or Spider Man in Civil War.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2016, 12:23 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback