Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 284891 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #240 on: July 3, 2009, 11:03 AM »
Aunt May
Comic Mary Jane
Robbie Robertson
Tombstone

That's all I need (well, I'd take a Gwen Stacy) ;)

Same here, I'll sign that petition ;).

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #241 on: July 6, 2009, 08:58 PM »
Marvel Universe SDCC Exclusive Prices

Yeah big pass on that 4 pack. I'll probably have to beg someone to snag me the WW2 Cap though.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #242 on: July 7, 2009, 01:21 AM »
$40 isn't that outrageous for an exclusive 4pack, but I'm still not biting on this or Fury.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #243 on: July 7, 2009, 10:18 AM »
I guess $40 isn't necessarily surprising for an exclusive pack like that, but it still seems kind of high.  I had planned on trying to get this online (if possible), but I'm not sure now.  I guess we'll see.  The grayscale Cap is a nice idea for something different - and a good "exclusive" I guess since if you miss it you're not necessarily missing an all-new character (like the Digital Comics Nick Fury).  Not sure I'll pick up either MU exclusive, but I'm considering it.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #244 on: July 7, 2009, 11:36 AM »
Well I need a Redskull.

But I'll find a creative way to get one.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #245 on: July 21, 2009, 12:47 PM »
Apparently the Nemesis wave of Marvel Legends is going to be released in San Diego Wal-Marts in time for Comic Con.  There isn't any mention of release elsewhere, but I certainly hope this isn't the only place these pop up in the US.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #246 on: July 21, 2009, 09:28 PM »
Apparently the Nemesis wave of Marvel Legends is going to be released in San Diego Wal-Marts in time for Comic Con.  There isn't any mention of release elsewhere, but I certainly hope this isn't the only place these pop up in the US.

Cripes - this is still on the way?  I thought these were cancelled.  I'm just glad to hear that they're being released somewhere!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #247 on: July 22, 2009, 11:32 AM »
The Fwoosh has a closer look at the first wave of Secret Wars comic packs.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Universe
« Reply #248 on: July 22, 2009, 11:40 AM »
This is the ultimate kick in the nuts

They show the correct figure on the back of the card...they release an utterly wrong Ultimates Version

Like I've said three times now...this line had high hopes and it is so missing the mark it isn't even funny

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #249 on: July 22, 2009, 11:44 AM »
I don't understand their obsession with releasing the Ultimates version Cap either.  Having the normal/real Cap on the pegs, and available in all these different ways, makes so much more sense to me.  Is anyone collecting this line much anymore?  I haven't seen as much discussion here lately.  I bought the first three waves, and I'm on the lookout for Hobgoblin (only figure I've never seen at retail) - but I haven't bought any for awhile.  I still like the line, but when buying the 6" scale DCUC figures I sometimes think I should just stick with the Legends figures I already have for the most part and not get another whole Marvel Universe built in a different scale.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #250 on: July 22, 2009, 12:12 PM »
That Captain America in the Secret Wars comic was the one figure I was looking forward to most in this line.  Oh well. 

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #251 on: July 22, 2009, 07:16 PM »
The Fwoosh has a closer look at the first wave of Secret Wars comic packs.

I got an even closer look.  I picked up the three sets at a new, local Target that opened today.

;)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #252 on: July 22, 2009, 09:56 PM »
Neal care to share intel... is it the Secret Wars Captain America or the single pack?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #253 on: July 22, 2009, 11:15 PM »
Meh - I will pass on all these.  I didn't like the face on the Wolvie Series brown suit Wolverine, but this one looks a bit odd as well. 

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #254 on: July 23, 2009, 11:06 AM »
Neal care to share intel... is it the Secret Wars Captain America or the single pack?

He looks like this.
He has different boots, small wings on his mask, and a different paint job, but it's definitely not the figure shown on the back of the package.
 :(