Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 285514 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #405 on: January 3, 2010, 08:39 PM »
Dressel, how much did those Spidey figures cost? I'm definitely down for the villains from that line, and maybe a Spidey if they're better than the MU version.

$7.96 - at Wally they didn't scan at the price checkers mounted in the aisles, but did ring up at the register.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #406 on: January 3, 2010, 09:38 PM »
Nope the soul patch is just under the lower lip but above the chin.  Doc Ock's is on the chin, therefore making it part of a goatee.

I was actually just joking with Brent.  The technical name for that style is the "Petit Goatee."  Maybe it's an evil-black band-aid leftover from a Spiderman uppercut. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #407 on: January 11, 2010, 02:00 PM »
Does anyone have a spare X-Men Box Set Rogue's Jacket available?  I don't need Rogue, just the brown jacket.  I've been trying to track one down for a while now, but have had no luck on  Ebay or even Fwoosh.  I'd even be willing to spend a little more on the whole figure or the box set to get it.  Any other ideas?  I'm about ready to just sew one myself.   :P
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #408 on: January 12, 2010, 12:26 PM »
CTR has a better look at that next wave of Secret Wars packs (Nightcrawler/Storm, Thing/Bulldozer, Dr. Doom/Absorbing Man/Wasp), as well as some other Marvel Universe stuff.  I'll probably continue to pick these SW packs up, and a few other Marvel U things along the way.  I recently caved and picked up both "Gigantic Battles" packs at WM, since they hit clearance for around $13.  I think I must have gotten a variant Goliath pack, his costume is red/blue (or is that the regular version?), instead of yellow/blue.  Anyways, more at the linky.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #409 on: January 12, 2010, 12:37 PM »
Is anyone looking for any older (large scale/ToyBiz) Marvel Legends figures?  I'm going to drag a sizable chunk of them to ebay fairly shortly but figured I'd see if I could help anyone here out first.  I need to get rid of at least half of what I have with plenty of duplicates in there. 

I'll be firing out some of my DC stuff too (various lines) so if there are particular things you need, lmk. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #410 on: January 12, 2010, 12:55 PM »
Is anyone looking for any older (large scale/ToyBiz) Marvel Legends figures?  I'm going to drag a sizable chunk of them to ebay fairly shortly but figured I'd see if I could help anyone here out first.  I need to get rid of at least half of what I have with plenty of duplicates in there. 

I'll be firing out some of my DC stuff too (various lines) so if there are particular things you need, lmk. 

ML Destroyer?  DCSH/UC Batgirl (Barbara Gordon), Scarecrow, Mr. Freeze or Parasite?
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #411 on: January 12, 2010, 02:06 PM »

I doubt you'd want to get rid of any of these, but some that I missed and wanted to pick up were Black Cat (Sinister Six set), Hawkeye, Brown Costume Wolverine, and Jean Grey/Phoenix.  Yeah, not exactly the most common figures I know ;).  I've been thinking of going through my Marvel and DC stuff and seeing if I could sell any of it as well.  I'd still keep the majority of it, but honestly I just don't have enough room to display it all now...and it seems pointless to just have it packed away (likely forever).  I look at some of the characters/figures I bought over the past years and wonder if I really needed them or not.  If I would have stuck with the characters I really was familiar with (like knowing their "secret identity", rogues, etc.) as a kid, I think the list would have been much shorter (for DC in particular).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #412 on: January 12, 2010, 02:14 PM »
No Destroyer Mikey, sorry.  I do have a Mr. Freeze, but not the recent one.  It's the variant that came out around the time of the hideous movie I think, but doesn't look like Schwarzenegger (sp?).  Not a bad figure, but not sure if it's what you want.  I'm also keeping all my Batgirl figures (six or seven of them  :P). No Scarecrow and I don't think I have the parasite but I have a figure from that series still in package somewhere so I'll look.  Might get rid of Kang though (FF). 

Brian, I'll check for the ones you want though you asked for a few that I'm keeping.  I plan on keeping most of my spidey related stuff and some core X-men and the like right now. 

One of the things I've noted as I'm putting this stuff out is how incredibly loose some of the joints of these figures are now.  They've only been in storage for a while, so not posed/played with at all, yet a couple are horribly difficult to display because they just flop over.  Hawkeye is one of those but the worst by far is Absorbing Man from the Hulk line.  I took it off the card, bagged it and then took it out for the first time last night and it barely stands at all.   :-\

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #413 on: January 12, 2010, 04:22 PM »
You don't happen to have a list of everything you're selling do you? The only one I can think of off the top of my head that I'd like is the more recent Legends Union Jack. I'll get back to you if I think of anything else.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #414 on: January 12, 2010, 05:14 PM »
CTR has a better look at that next wave of Secret Wars packs (Nightcrawler/Storm, Thing/Bulldozer, Dr. Doom/Absorbing Man/Wasp), as well as some other Marvel Universe stuff. 

Cool!

I think we still need to see wave 3 before these, right?

link

Also I really like Thing from the Marvel Legends Showdown '05 better than the repacked one in your link above:

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #415 on: January 13, 2010, 12:14 AM »
You don't happen to have a list of everything you're selling do you? The only one I can think of off the top of my head that I'd like is the more recent Legends Union Jack. I'll get back to you if I think of anything else.

Nope, no list and no Union Jack, sorry.  Still looking for a red Hulk right leg too. 

Pics instead.  If you want this moved to the B/S/T forums mods, just lmk and I'll do so.  This is what I'm getting rid of as of now, leaving me still with 100+ figures which is too many. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #416 on: January 13, 2010, 02:28 AM »
PM sent!

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #417 on: January 13, 2010, 07:35 AM »

I hate Hasbro.

(And I got dibs on Dragon Man from Brent...)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #418 on: January 13, 2010, 09:29 AM »
This is what I'm getting rid of as of now, leaving me still with 100+ figures which is too many.  

Hey Morgbug, I'm interested in the following from your pics if they are still available:
Modoc (Big head dud in chair)
Invisible woman (second pic with shoulderless shirt)
Moleman
Namor
Moon Knight (black undersuit)
Captain Marvel variant (clearish blueish dude next to Beta Ray Bill)

Send me a PM if they are available and how much you'd want for them.

Oh and I have to say that I am really digging this new wave of Secret Wars. I like Hawkeye. I'm wondering if there will be a Mr. Fantastic Variant to go with all of the other FF variants (Human Torch, Thing). I never was a huge fan of Ultron, but he is a nasty villian. I'm ecstatic about Thor. He's one of my favorites.

As for the even newer wave with Mohawk Storm and Nightcrawler, SWEET! The more X-Men the better. At the 3 3/4 scale they look awesome next to the Sentinel that was a Build-A-Figure in the Legends line. 

I like Doom, but have never been a fan of Absorbing Man. I'll get this Thing as well, but can't even recall Bulldozer. It would have been better for Hasbro to put Doom and Thing together then come up with two other choices for a comic pack.

Was Dr. Strange in Secret Wars? If so I'd LOVE to see him made in this line. But then again, I guess he still can be just on the single card.

-Sal
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 10:39 AM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #419 on: January 13, 2010, 10:53 AM »
Just to be fair to everyone, the Fantastic Four picture is probably going to be sold as a lot.  If I sell off the more desirable figures (IW/Namor/Mole Man) then I'll be stuck with the rest of the bunch that are worthless, so I'd rather move them as a group. 

Brian, I do have the brown Wolverine, but he currently is residing with my Hulk display as I recall him as being in that outfit in the first appearance he made with Hulk and Crusher Creel.  If I decide to get rid of him, I'll let you know. 

In general, from looking at ebay the only way to make any money back off these is to sell large lots as teams and/or coupled with BAFs.   :-\  I'm having a hell of a time deciding what to do and what to keep.  Ugh.