Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 283697 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #480 on: February 13, 2010, 07:55 PM »
From Banthaskull:

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #481 on: February 13, 2010, 08:09 PM »
Thanks for posting those, everything is looking pretty good.  I already have the ML build-a-Galactus, so I figured I'd be passing on this new version - but I will admit that packaging looks pretty spiffy.  From what I've read, some other stuff was in the presentation (but not the showroom), including:

Wave 4
Iron Patriot
Skrull Soldier
Iron Spidey
Winter Soldier
Wrecker
Mary Jane Watson w/Ms. Lyon (to complete the "Amazing Friends" set)

2 Packs
Dark Phoenix/Cyclops
Venom/Daken
Sentry/Spidey

Thanos is supposedly on the way as well, and there is supposed to be a Marvel Universe 6 pack on the way later in the year, although they didn't say who was in it specifically (said to be based on a very important and highly priced comic - some speculate Giant Size X-Men #1).

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #482 on: February 13, 2010, 09:53 PM »
I can confirm those were in the slide show. 

Hasbro gave all the sites their Power Point presentation and we will upload that to our ToyFair database when we are done sizing and uploading our SW stuff.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #483 on: February 14, 2010, 12:21 AM »
I was looking through some pics of the slides over at MarvelousNews and there are some pics in there of the upcoming Legends two packs, they don't look too bad.  Also, I noticed one exclusive that sounds kind of neat for Iron Man 2...Target will have "Hall of Armor" figures that come with a light up base the way it looks and connect together to form your own hall of armor.  It is 3 3/4" scale, but still, sounds kind of neat.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #484 on: February 14, 2010, 12:46 PM »
I guess I'll be picking up the new Colossus. Looks a lot better than the one from the Wolverine line, and that one was a great figure.

Also I have yet to see any of the new Spider-Man line, but if we're getting a super duper articulated Venom in the MU line, I have no need to get anything from that line.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #485 on: February 14, 2010, 09:34 PM »
What is that Galactus thing? Is it a game or a big ass figure in a box?
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Marvel Universe
« Reply #486 on: February 14, 2010, 10:53 PM »

Big ass figure.  They showed it off at SDCC last year.  I want to say it's 19" tall...?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #487 on: February 15, 2010, 05:48 PM »

Wave 4
Wrecker

I hate Hasbro.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #488 on: February 15, 2010, 05:55 PM »

Big ass figure.  They showed it off at SDCC last year.  I want to say it's 19" tall...?

Sweet, that's even bigger that the Galactus that was a Build-A-Figure in the Legends line.  I finally saw pics of it. Nice.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #489 on: February 17, 2010, 10:30 AM »

Wave 4
Wrecker

I hate Hasbro.

Ditto.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #490 on: February 22, 2010, 04:49 PM »
Ack!  Did you just see this now or were you waiting to order for some reason?  I'm psyched to be getting the comic packs and latest singles all in one order.  Nice to be caught up on Marvel again!

Just got notice today that these finally shipped, so I should have them by April.  Woohoo!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #491 on: February 25, 2010, 05:14 PM »
Pre-ordered Marvel Universe Wave 8 case off Entertainment Earth.com

Look at this case breakdown:

1x Spider-Man (House of M)
1x Iron Man
1x Captain America (Original)
1x Havok
2x Colossus
2x Juggernaut
1x Kitty Pryde W/ Lockheed
1x Archangel
2x A.I.M. Soldier

Yes please. 

Due at our doorsteps in May.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #492 on: February 25, 2010, 08:21 PM »
I received a few of the newer Marvel Universe figures today (Modern Thor, Extremis Iron Man, Black Widow, and Luke Cage), and I have to say that although the line has had some quality problems with sculpts/paint, these four figures (at least my samples) all look really well done.  I was very impressed with each of them, and I hope it is a sign of things to come for this line.  I know a lot aren't necessarily into this line much, and I was/am considering slowing down somewhat too, but I think this recent wave took a nice jump in quality compared to much of the first year of the line.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 08:21 PM by Brian »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #493 on: February 25, 2010, 10:19 PM »
I received a few of the newer Marvel Universe figures today (Modern Thor, Extremis Iron Man, Black Widow, and Luke Cage), and I have to say that although the line has had some quality problems with sculpts/paint, these four figures (at least my samples) all look really well done.  I was very impressed with each of them, and I hope it is a sign of things to come for this line.  I know a lot aren't necessarily into this line much, and I was/am considering slowing down somewhat too, but I think this recent wave took a nice jump in quality compared to much of the first year of the line.

Funny, I got the same minus Luke Cage and thought the same thing.  I've had really good luck with paint jobs on my internet orders thus far - too bad most of the figs that make it to retail are painted so poorly.  I'm really liking the Thor figure from the basic line and Hawkeye from the comic pack is pretty sweet as well.  The DC fans out there have to be sick looking at this quality versus the Infinite Heroes crap.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #494 on: February 26, 2010, 09:21 AM »
I got my three lastest comic packs last week and finally opened them last night. All were great except Mr. Fantastic.

Let's just say he wasn't all that fantastic. The torso joint was SO loose that he can't stand up straight and constantly droops at the torso. Likewise, his head was pointed downward at a great angle and it took some work to get him to  look straight. Though of course with the torso problem he never got to look straight.

I'll buy a Human Torch figure to swap heads for a quick custom of this figure. Then I'll have to track down another comic pack or at least the Mr F. fig.

The paint apps on all of them were great though. I'm glad for that quality upgrade. Some figures in the past haven't been so good.