Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 282334 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2008, 04:53 PM »
Must stay away......

Totally changing topic, Walmart got in a pile of the Brood wave for $5 before Christmas, so I was able to finish off the Queen Alien Brood for cheap.  The last piece was the Danger figure, so now wings are present.  Been nice of late to finish out some BAFs for relatively cheap.  Kinda aggravating to have paid full price for some figures where I really didn't need to, but happier to finish off the BAFs.  I'm hoping Walmart can bring in some other stuff pretty cheap too. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2008, 10:50 PM »
These look awesome, but it will all depend on price.  I'm not shelling $8 or more per figure, but would buy all of the Avengers figs at reasonable prices.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2008, 10:03 AM »
Although we've seen these before, WIZARD has a pic up of the upcoming assortment of Spidey figures (I don't know what they're called now, but the SMC line).  This wave includes Tarantula, a new Juggernaut, a new/different Mac Gargan Venom, and some Spideys.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2008, 03:44 PM »
What scale is that Brian, the Tarantula looks good from the small pic.  Recreate issue #1 of Spectacular Spiderman with that figure.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2008, 03:47 PM »
They are supposed to be the 6" scaled figures, like the current Spidey line that is out there now (the one with the redone Iron Spidey, recolored McFarlane Spidey, Venom, etc.).  I'm not sure what they're calling the line at this point (Classics, Origins, Heroes and Villains, etc.)  Anyways, these are supposed to be "Legends scale".  I agree, Tarantula doesn't look too bad.  The Juggernaut is apparently a bit smaller than the earlier Legends version, according to what I've read at the Fwoosh.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Universe
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2008, 09:09 PM »
X-Men Origins: Wolverine action figures

Spoilers ahead.

I like the 3 3/4 scale, and I like to see these in that scale. I haven't bought Marvel toys for ages now, so isn't that scale dead after this year, and Hasbro moving to 3 3/4"?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2008, 10:47 PM »

Spoilers ahead.

I like the 3 3/4 scale, and I like to see these in that scale. I haven't bought Marvel toys for ages now, so isn't that scale dead after this year, and Hasbro moving to 3 3/4"?

I'm not sure that it's officially dead, but does look they're going full court press on the smaller size stuff, what with movie tie-ins and all.  I like the scale, but not really into any of these characters.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2008, 09:51 AM »
Yeah, I think the 6" Legends are continuing - mainly/only as 2 packs - at least for 2009.  I could see that form continuing and maybe an exclusive store wave here and there, but Hasbro seems really dedicated to the 3 3/4" line.  Although we've all got extensive 6" figure collections, I can see why they may be going that way as well.  Really, a lot has been covered throughout ToyBiz and Hasbro's waves, so starting over gives them the chance at doing the "big guns" again and really fleshing out the line.  I know I'm interested, even though I should stay far away.

As for those X-Men Origins: Wolverine figures, some don't look too bad really.  Not all are winners, but you have that with any line.  I wonder if we'll see a few figures in the Legends scale as well, since we ended up seeing that with Spidey 3 - not to mention Iron Man, etc.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2008, 10:17 AM »
I may have to pick up Deadpool, though I'm sure we'll eventually see him in the Marvel Universe line.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2008, 11:28 AM »
I have to admit I was sort of hoping there would be some sort of 6" line out around the time of the Wolverine movie, and that they would re-release the Legends Deadpool as well.  That's one figure I sort of wanted, but never really saw at retail here.  Plus, it seems to be quite pricey on ebay, and I don't want it badly enough to pay that.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2008, 01:31 PM »

Spoilers ahead.

Count me in for Deadpool and Gambit, at least.  I'm liking the 3.75" scale Marvel line well enough.  Can't wait to see some in person.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2008, 01:47 PM »

Spoilers ahead.

Count me in for Deadpool and Gambit, at least.  I'm liking the 3.75" scale Marvel line well enough.  Can't wait to see some in person.

E...

I will have to wait and see what the toys look like first before I buy them. I am not a big fan of the 3.75" line, but understand why it has come to that.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2008, 10:12 PM »
Deadpool! Yes!  ;D
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2008, 09:21 AM »
Not sure what the price will be, but MarvelousNews has pics up of an TRU exclusive 3 pack called "Iron Man Armor Evolutions" which includes the Mark I, Mark II, and Mark III movie figures.  Kind of a nice set for those who haven't picked them up yet, although again I don't know what the price will be.  I thought the Mark III Iron Man movie figure was one of the better figures I picked up this year.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2008, 02:27 PM »
Hasbro has posted an update on Marvel Universe featuring carded shots of waves 2 and 3.  It breaks down like this:

Wave 2
Captain America
Green Goblin
Hulk (Green)
Hulk (Gray)
Ronin
Iron Fist

Wave 3
Punisher (Black)
The Thing
Spider-Man (Black)
Iron Man