Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 282319 times)

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #180 on: April 30, 2009, 11:03 PM »
I've picked up two of the 3/34" Universe figures so far, Classic Iron Man and Deadpool. They're kinda neat, but compared to Star Wars, these feel kinda cheap, with flimsy loose joints on both the figures I picked up. I don't care much for the style of articulation either and think they would benefit from the Star Wars type joints as well. I mean they're still neat figures and all, they just don't seem to be worth the same price for something as well sculpted and sturdy as the Star Wars line.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Universe
« Reply #181 on: May 2, 2009, 02:21 AM »
Found some wave 3 of MU tonight. Picked up the Thing and the Punisher, who is light years better than the wave 1 version.

Still haven't found Captain America, Green Goblin, or Daredevil. This is dicked up.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #182 on: May 2, 2009, 09:34 AM »
Found some wave 3 of MU tonight. Picked up the Thing and the Punisher, who is light years better than the wave 1 version.

Still haven't found Captain America, Green Goblin, or Daredevil. This is dicked up.

Be sure to try Target.  I've found Wave 3 at about ten different Target stores this week.

Gotta say, I like the timing of the waves, but the paint jobs on some of the Wave 3 stuff is lacking.  I have yet to find a good black suit Ms. Marvel that doesn't have black paint smearing up her legs.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #183 on: May 2, 2009, 09:47 AM »

I just found Wave 3 at Target last week as well, and I agree that wave's Punisher is much better than the earlier one.  I've seen Cap and Gobby somewhat regularly (just saw Cap this week again at Target), but Daredevil has been very tough to find.  I don't think I've seen one since this line first hit.  Honestly, a lot of those earlier figures are tough to find around - outside of Spidey and Torch for the most part.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Universe
« Reply #184 on: May 2, 2009, 01:11 PM »
I found the wave 3 stuff at Target, who seems to be the only retailer even stocking these. WM and TRU have only had a lone Torch or two hanging around at each for a month or two now. HTS is sold out of most of these too. Dang.

I suppose I'll just have to give it some more time.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #185 on: May 2, 2009, 05:22 PM »
I saw the WalMart exclusive Logan and Victor Creed a few days ago.  They're interesting, and the softgoods look halfway decent.  But I don't know if I'm going to get into this Marvel Universe small figure line at all.  I just recently saw the Hulk at retail and it looked terrible.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #186 on: May 3, 2009, 12:33 AM »
I finished the Ares BAF today!  Got my last few pieces in the mail.  This one easily makes my top ten favorites list - completely worth the hassle in trying to track him down.

HOWEVER, I put him in with my Avengers and he dwarfs everyone.  I guess I can rationalize it as him being a God and all, but was anyone else a little bummed at how much bigger he is than the other ML figs?
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #187 on: May 7, 2009, 10:38 AM »
For anyone interested, I happened to find the new Cyclops figure from the X-Men Origins: Wolverine line.  This is in comic style (Astonishing costume), and I think it is a pretty nice figure.  It does have the "plug in" optic blast beam (similar to the animated figure), but if left off it doesn't seem to be very noticeable at all - so it is a pretty good figure regardless.  I think there is an Iceman in this assortment as well (and more Wolvies), but I didn't see those.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #188 on: May 7, 2009, 01:03 PM »
For anyone interested, I happened to find the new Cyclops figure from the X-Men Origins: Wolverine line.  This is in comic style (Astonishing costume), and I think it is a pretty nice figure.  It does have the "plug in" optic blast beam (similar to the animated figure), but if left off it doesn't seem to be very noticeable at all - so it is a pretty good figure regardless.  I think there is an Iceman in this assortment as well (and more Wolvies), but I didn't see those.

I saw Iceman and Cyclops at Crystal,MN Target a week or two ago.  The Iceman looks pretty cool - Cyclops was so-so, though I never really liked that character.  I passed on both and looked like they were limited to just 1 per case.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #189 on: May 9, 2009, 07:37 PM »
How do Cyclops' arms look? From the prototype pics I've seen it looks like he has dwarf arms that come down to his love handles at most.

Also the third new figure in that wave is unmasked tiger stripe Wolverine.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #190 on: May 10, 2009, 03:52 AM »
How do Cyclops' arms look? From the prototype pics I've seen it looks like he has dwarf arms that come down to his love handles at most.

Also the third new figure in that wave is unmasked tiger stripe Wolverine.

I opened this figure yesterday, and when I started posing it I noticed that the arms did appear to be a little bit short.  The figure still does look great overall.  The arms do go further down than the lovehandles though, if you divide the thighs into thirds vertically, the arms reach the first divider between the 1st/2nd section of the thigh.

So they are really just a hair short.  I still recommend this figure highly.

Also picked up Thing and a Hand Ninja, both are very good as well.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 06:28 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline MistaBinks

• Youngling
  • Stand up to cancer.
    • View Profile
    • Y2Chaos
Marvel Universe
« Reply #191 on: May 10, 2009, 04:53 PM »
By chance, has anyone had any luck in finding stands that work on either the Legends or the new 3 3/4" figures. I have a tough time displaying my Marvel figures because they constantly fall over.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #192 on: May 10, 2009, 06:13 PM »
I have a Real Stand for the modern Star Wars figures on my desk and my 3.75" Gambit figure fits on it well.

Question on the Wolverine figures for everyone.  Have you guys seen these figures start to move at retail since Wolverine has been out for over a week now?

My Target hasn't sold more than one or two figures.  Maybe.  WM hasn't had Wolverine figures since they got one case weeks ago (when I bought my Gambit figure).  No sales anywhere on these either, which surprised me.

The film was good, but not great.  The figures aren't bad but I just don't think they're $8 popular right now.  ****, even the Star Wars figures got knocked down $0.50 at Target a few weeks ago because they weren't moving...but they're moving better than the Wolverine figures are.

The rest of the new Marvel line, on the other hand, has seen some sales.  Target finally put out about 2 cases of figures this week including both versions of Ms. Marvel, Thing, black suit Spider-Man, Hand Ninja and others.  Several of those have sold, which is better than that Wolvie line. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #193 on: May 10, 2009, 07:52 PM »
The only place I really see Wolverine figures are at Wal-Mart, which put out one of those Indiana Jones 4 sided displays, One side with figures, one side with those $10 exclusive figures, one side with the kid play claws and one side with that 12 inch cartoon looking Wolverine. Now thankfully there aren't as many figures as there were last year with Indy but they aren't exactly flying off the shelf either. Target has that lone endcap of Wolvy stuff but it looks like they haven't restocked in ages, since the initial shipments in March.

Marvel Universe, it sells like hotcakes at the ONE store I've seen it at. Thankfully they restock it quite frequently. I wish more stores would start stocking the MU stuff, and in larger quantities than just 2 pegs.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #194 on: May 11, 2009, 09:28 AM »
The Wolverine stuff seems to be sitting here as well, at least from what I've seen.  Target and WM have both had a pretty good stock of these, although they did sell ok when they were first put out.  Lately though, I don't think I'd have much trouble finding any figures from the line - Deadpool and Gambit included.  Marvel Universe on the other hand seems to sell through really quickly around here.  I'll see a few figures from the first wave on occasion (most often Spidey and Johnny Storm), and for some reason I've seen the Wave 3 Iron Man a lot at Target - which sort of surprises me because it is a pretty nifty figure.  Other than that, they seem to sell through pretty quickly here locally.  I can't say that the movie release has really sped up Wolvie sales though.