Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 284318 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #300 on: August 23, 2009, 11:38 PM »
It looks like the results of the Marvel Legends Poll are in:

Hasbro Legends

It finished out like this:

1 - Deadpool
2 - Valkyrie
3 - Black Widow

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.  First poll like this where I love all of the choices.  Now let's just hope the 2nd figure in each is worth getting and that we can actually find these somewhere. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #301 on: August 24, 2009, 08:50 AM »
Suck. Suck. Suck.  Valkyrie I'll get, but you just know she's coming packed with yet another Hulk.  Deadpool I don't need, the first one is still an amazing figure.  And I see Wolverine being packed with him.  Black Widow, while a far superior version, is still a re-release of an older figure and I would have preferred a new character not done yet.  Maybe she'll be packed with Constrictor.  I'd buy that pack in that case.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #302 on: August 24, 2009, 11:10 AM »
So these are the large figures then? 

I also agree that I'm disinclined to get these, not that I'll ever actually see them at retail.  Re-releases do little for me.  Maybe I'll sell my deadpool for $50 and get the new one though ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #303 on: August 24, 2009, 12:38 PM »
Yeah, I can imagine people aren't too excited with two of the three being remakes (and you just know Hasbro's choices will be re-dos as well, like the already mentioned Hulk and Wolverine).  I might get some of these, as I never found the original Deadpool and I initially passed on the first Black Widow and didn't really see that one again either.  It all depends on availability though, and who they are packed with.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Universe
« Reply #304 on: August 25, 2009, 10:35 AM »
Blah, not interested. I really wanted Constrictor.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #305 on: August 25, 2009, 11:01 AM »
The only way I would consider buying another Deadpool is if it comes with an alternate head with either the mask partially pulled up, or a no mask head. Otherwise this will be any easy pass for me.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #306 on: August 25, 2009, 06:30 PM »
Well, I never got the Toybiz Deadpool and he’s pretty hard to track down at a reasonable price, so kudos for redoing a popular figure.  I’m shocked that Valkryie got enough votes to make #2, but I’ll take her to hang with Thor.  I wonder if she’s going to have a storyline arc in some upcoming Marvel book.  And Black Widow is a remake, but the original was a pretty cruddy version of her.  I have a custom using the old body and an Abbey Chase Danger Girl head that I’m pretty happy with, but I won’t complain about an improved official version.  This is the only one I might pass on – depends on who her counterpart is.

Speaking of the 2-packs, are the Iron Man/SHEILD agent packs available at brick n mortar retail?  I saw them online at HTS many weeks ago and haven’t heard of or seen them since.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Marvel Universe
« Reply #307 on: August 25, 2009, 07:22 PM »
Speaking of the 2-packs, are the Iron Man/SHEILD agent packs available at brick n mortar retail?  I saw them online at HTS many weeks ago and haven’t heard of or seen them since.

Yup - got them at a KC area Toys R Us the other day. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #308 on: August 25, 2009, 11:07 PM »

Yup - got them at a KC area Toys R Us the other day. 

Damn you've had good luck with Marvel and DC lately!  Got my Tigra by the way, thanks much!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #309 on: September 1, 2009, 06:22 PM »
Quick question on the latest Legends 2 packs.  It seems that they are starting to hit in some places (Nick Fury/Hand Ninja, Iron Man/Maria Hill, Skrull/Kree), but I was wondering - is that previously shown Invisible Woman/Human Torch pack still supposed to be coming out?  I know it was shown awhile back (maybe at the 2008 Cons/Fairs), but I haven't seen it mentioned really since then.  I thought, at the time, that the figures looked pretty nice and completed a uniform looking "Four" with the previous Mr. F/Thing pack.  Just curious if this was still coming out or not.  As for the others, I saw they were up for preorder (available 8/31) at TRU.com for a long time, but they switched to "backordered" yesterday.  I'd sort of like to get the Fury pack (missed the earlier Nick Fury figure), but I'm not sure about the other ones.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Marvel Universe
« Reply #310 on: September 2, 2009, 12:57 AM »
Here are some pics and a review if anyone's interested. 

http://www.figureportal.com/2009/09/01/review-marvel-legends-2-packs/

Haven't heard anything about the Invisible Woman/Human Torch 2-pack since pics started showing up.  Corner Store Comics still has it as part of their pre-order, but it hasn't been updated for a long time so I don't know how valid it is. 

John

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #311 on: September 2, 2009, 10:41 AM »
Just when I think i can walk away from Marvel Legends they add figures like The Hand Ninja which I want for Wolverine bad guys. And I would love to get extras to do different paint so I could do Black, Blue, Yellow, & White
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #312 on: September 7, 2009, 09:30 PM »
I was able to pick up the X-MO:W Colossus basic figure at a local Wal-Mart yesterday.  If the line truly is dead, what a way to go out.  Nice figure.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #313 on: September 8, 2009, 08:37 PM »
I picked up the MU Electro, Guardian, and Namor at a local Wal-Mart today.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #314 on: September 9, 2009, 11:25 AM »
I picked up the MU Electro, Guardian, and Namor at a local Wal-Mart today.

I saw that wave (minus Electro) at our local store last week as well, I hadn't heard that they were out otherwise.  I'm going to have to check back and see if I can find an Electro, as I'd like to at least continue with the Spidey-related stuff from this line, and we'll see beyond that.  I did pick up Namor though.