Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 284003 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #465 on: February 7, 2010, 06:27 PM »
Okay so here's what I did to combat the short, squat, too-muscular Reed Richards that we got with the Ultron 2-pack.  I snapped his head off and put it on a Johnny Torch body.

IMO, the head likeness isn't perfect either, but it sure as hell looks a lot better on a Torch body.  Here's Reed with his fellow 3 3/4" buddies:

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #466 on: February 7, 2010, 09:48 PM »
Looks good!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #467 on: February 7, 2010, 11:20 PM »
Okay so here's what I did to combat the short, squat, too-muscular Reed Richards that we got with the Ultron 2-pack.  I snapped his head off and put it on a Johnny Torch body.

IMO, the head likeness isn't perfect either, but it sure as hell looks a lot better on a Torch body.  Here's Reed with his fellow 3 3/4" buddies:...

Excellent. Now if I can  find another Torch fig for this easy custom.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #468 on: February 8, 2010, 09:08 PM »
On HTS?

Were they in stock? Sure you can find them there, but NOT in stock. If so, send me as link.

If you're just going to hasbro.com, again it shows them too, but if you go to buy them it links to HTS and they are not in stock.

Just a heads up, but those Secret Wars packs seem to be available for order (preorder actually, shipping in 8-10 days).  I think the Mr. Fantastic/Ultron pack is on the MU page, but you can see them all by searching for secret wars.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #469 on: February 8, 2010, 10:00 PM »
And code thanks10 will get you 10% off your order.  Still too rich for my blood though (I am cheap).
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #470 on: February 9, 2010, 09:41 AM »
And code thanks10 will get you 10% off your order.  Still too rich for my blood though (I am cheap).

I tried that code when I ordered them 2 weeks ago, didn't work.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #471 on: February 9, 2010, 10:07 AM »

I tried that code when I ordered them 2 weeks ago, didn't work.

Hmmn...I tried it last night with the two comic sets in my cart and it took 10% off for me.  Only saved me like $2.50 though, so I didn't order.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #472 on: February 9, 2010, 11:12 AM »
the next new wave is up for pre-order on HTS.  I ordered 1 of all 6 of the new figures.  I woulda ordered a Rhino figure from the Spiderman line had he been in stock but he wasn't - oh well.

I did use thanks10 - remember this is a one time per account code.  I have a few accounts from a few email addresses I use so I was good to go.  basically I ended up only paying about $4.46 more than I would have if I had to search at retail.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #473 on: February 9, 2010, 11:51 AM »
Thanks for the tip!  Picked up the new Thor, Black Widow, and Iron Man, and FINALLY bought the Hawkeye and Thor comic packs.  They also had a Scarlet Witch/Spidey Marvel Superheroes 2-pack, so I caved and bought that.  Thanks10 worked to get me $5 off the order (almost covers shipping), so I pulled the trigger.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #474 on: February 9, 2010, 03:54 PM »
Thanks, ordered!  Except Iron Man.  What's the big difference between this one and last year's?  Looks fairly similar.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #475 on: February 9, 2010, 05:34 PM »
Thanks, ordered!  Except Iron Man.  What's the big difference between this one and last year's?  Looks fairly similar.

The new one is extremis armor - not a lot different, but different enough for me.   ;)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #476 on: February 12, 2010, 12:46 PM »
Damn, all but Luke Cage and the newer Iron Man are sold out.

I still need the four from the previous wave, now this wave as well...

I did manage to nab to comic packs on HTS a couple of days ago. They should be on route to me in a few days.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #477 on: February 12, 2010, 01:06 PM »
Ack!  Did you just see this now or were you waiting to order for some reason?  I'm psyched to be getting the comic packs and latest singles all in one order.  Nice to be caught up on Marvel again!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #478 on: February 13, 2010, 11:28 AM »
From RS user JarJarBinks:

I want them all plus multiples of the AIM soldiers.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #479 on: February 13, 2010, 04:03 PM »
From RS user JarJarBinks:

I want them all plus multiples of the AIM soldiers.

Sweet. but who is the skinny yellow dude and who is the green dudes with the Iron Man figs? Titanium Man maybe for one of them, but who is the other.

Rregardless, I'll likely get them, if I can find them.

I did find some of the new Iron Man 2 figs. Got Iron Man (comic series red/yellow), Stealth Iron Man (comic series), First Appearance Iron Man, Crimson Dynamo.

Oh and I wasn't waiting on anything, I only just got a look at the link and immediately went to it, but the stuff sold out that quickly. It's popular. Dang, I wish my local Wal*Mart would send their 4 cases of old car back! No wonder I can't find the new stuff. The carp is clogging up the pegs like a port-a-potty at an amusement park! It stinks! lol