Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 283940 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Marvel Universe
« Reply #540 on: March 20, 2010, 09:01 PM »
Found the latest Secret Wars comic packs (Nightcrawler/Storm, Doom/Absorbing Man) at Target yesterday.  The paint jobs on these are much improved from the last few waves.  I picked up Nightcrawler/Storm - great set.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #541 on: March 22, 2010, 12:01 PM »
Found the latest Secret Wars comic packs (Nightcrawler/Storm, Doom/Absorbing Man) at Target yesterday.  The paint jobs on these are much improved from the last few waves.  I picked up Nightcrawler/Storm - great set.

How long have these been out? I need them. Is there anywhere with a master list of the comic packs and waves (including variants)? I know I'm still missing several single carded figures. Not sure how many of the comic packs.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #542 on: March 22, 2010, 01:58 PM »
Is there anywhere with a master list of the comic packs and waves (including variants)? I know I'm still missing several single carded figures. Not sure how many of the comic packs.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro_MU.asp

They have just about everything on there.  The only thing I am not seeing is the Luke Cage variant and the Black Widow variant that some site (can't remember who) showed off a couple of weeks ago.  But in regards to the variants - I still have not heard any reports of the Vision or Warpath variants showing up at retail - and they were shown off ages ago!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #543 on: March 22, 2010, 02:17 PM »
Comicfigs.net has pictures of the Widow variant.  Cage looks different to me as well, but they don't have a comparison pic.  I'm not holding my breath for variations of either of them, but would probably nab the 2nd widow if I saw her at retail.  I wasn't going to buy Cage, but now that I see his hat is removeable, I will probably try to snag him as well.  (I think the hat looks ridiculous)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Universe
« Reply #544 on: March 22, 2010, 02:19 PM »
Did they announce the Wrecker for a single card to finish off the Wrecking Crew?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #545 on: March 22, 2010, 03:18 PM »
Did they announce the Wrecker for a single card to finish off the Wrecking Crew?

Yeah, he was in the TF presentation - he will be single carded in the wave after the upcomming X-men heavy wave.  

Along with him in that wave it is looking like there will be:

Iron Patriot
  Mary Jane Watson (Fans' Choice Winner)
  Skrull Warrior
  Spider-Man (Iron Spider)
  Winter Soldier (Fans' Choice Winner)
  Wrecker

edit - just wanted to throw in a comment on Luke Cage - I thought he was one bad ass figure - and I like the hat   ;D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 03:21 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Universe
« Reply #546 on: March 23, 2010, 01:00 AM »
Cool, thanks for the info.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #547 on: March 29, 2010, 10:48 PM »
user Goldbug over at rebelscum posted a link showing off more new figures to come in a case breakdown on bbts - http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS18604&mode=retail

Case Includes:

Captain Britain x 1
Team X Wolverine x 2
Multiple Man x 2
Mystique x 1
Ghost Rider x 1
Iron Patriot x 1
Wrecker x 1
Colossus x 1
Spider-Man (Red / Blue) x 1
Hulk x 1

I like the sound of those new figures- bring em on! Although, this just goes to show we will be buying Ghost Rider twice - you just know they are gonna put him out on his bike sometime, right?!?!

Oh well, I'll bite - something about this line is still too shakey for me too hold off on passing things.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #548 on: March 30, 2010, 12:21 AM »
Thanks for the head's up.  I'm game for the Mystique probably, but the rest are an easy pass.  I wonder if the Hulk is a repeat or an upgrade?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Universe
« Reply #549 on: March 30, 2010, 04:03 AM »
Iron Spidey, Ghost Rider and Wrecker for me
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 04:04 AM by evenflow »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #550 on: March 30, 2010, 09:39 AM »
I wonder if the Hulk is a repeat or an upgrade?

I could be wrong, but to me the top half of the case breakdown are the brand new figures for this wave, and I think from Iron Patriot on down the figures are repacks.  I am pretty sure that both Iron Patriot and Wrecker are coming out in the wave proceeding this one, and Colossus is coming out two waves before it.  Red/Blue Spiderman is of course mos tlikely the classic one, and as for Hulk, its not a bad thing getting him out again - he doesn't peg warm.

I guess if they were going to do anything different with Hulk at this point - I could see them repainting the one from the comic pack with a less "vibrant comic stylized" coloring, otherwise I think it is still too early in the line to see a retooled or brand new one.

edit:  From CTR:   Captain Britain is a fan-favorite with several different costumes to choose from...which version will we see?

Sharp-eyed fans may have noticed that the A.I.M. Soldier from wave 9 is very similar to the classic Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider, so it's a good guess to thin this is the version we'll get.

It's possible that Multiple Man could get a "Fans' Choice Runner Up" (much like Luke Cage did), since he was part of last year's poll, although he did not win....might he be the final figure that has yet to be revealed?

On the other hand, Mystique WAS a winner in the poll, so it's a safe bet that she'll be designated as such.

Finally, another Wolverine, but in his "Team X" uniform. This is the cool spy gear from the flashback tales in the early issues of the Jim Lee-illustrated X-Men series. It's unknown if this will be using the standard Marvel Universe buck, or perhaps rescuing a figure from the ill-fated X-Men Origins: Wolverine line.

side note edit:    just noticed on HTS that Vision and Warpath are no longer even listed on the site - that sucks becuase I know this wave was real hard for some people to get
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 09:46 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #551 on: March 30, 2010, 12:51 PM »
Yeah, I STILL haven't seen this in stores and need the set!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #552 on: March 30, 2010, 02:40 PM »
side note edit:    just noticed on HTS that Vision and Warpath are no longer even listed on the site - that sucks becuase I know this wave was real hard for some people to get

I noticed that too, a little disappointing.  I think I saw each of those once, but had to pass at the time, but I was really hoping to pick up Vision at some point.  Hopefully he'll be re-released at some point or something.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #553 on: March 30, 2010, 05:30 PM »
...Hopefully he'll be re-released at some point or something.

I hope so too. Many of the earlier ones have been rereleased, or is it that they just haven't moved off pegs...

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #554 on: March 30, 2010, 08:20 PM »
Ebay is pretty dry for the Vision wave as well, you can't seem to find one on there for less than 15$. I hope he gets a re release as well.