Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 284282 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #600 on: June 2, 2010, 08:41 AM »
To me, that pack is only worth it for Storm (will need to paint her feet) and Warpath (or whatever his name is there).  Thunderbird.  Agree with you on the Cyclops - just darker and non-comic stylized coloring.  Colossus is just lighter paint apps and has knee pads with symbols on them.  Nightcawler looks darker than his comic pack release.  Wolvie looks pretty much the same as the one in the upcomming Target exclusive 2 pack.. Wolverine is repainted from the Origins line with a new head  :-\

there is also Iron Man 2020 http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-UNIVERSE-Iron-Man-2009-loose-/180514887888?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a078698d0

hmmm - he also has a Cap on Bucky Card  http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-UNIVERSE-CAPTAIN-AMERICA-2009-loose-/180515280261?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a078c9585

the seller above also has the Iron Patriot wave up for sale.

Fwoosh.com also has a pic of a variant Havoc but I can't find it at work

here it is:  http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-UNIVERSE-HAVOK-2009-loose-/170494035917?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b23c87cd
« Last Edit: June 2, 2010, 04:58 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 6, 2010, 05:41 PM »
Whoever called that MU 6 pack being based on Giant Sized X-Men #1 was correct. Seems a sample showed up on ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-x-6-Marvel-UNIVERSE-loose-2009-2010-/170494007822?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b23c1a0e

Not bad, kind of tempted to wait on Colossus now and get him from this set instead. BTW, is anyone else but me getting really tired of this Cyclops mold? We've gotten him in Secret Wars, getting another one in that Dark Phoenix Comic pack and now again? I didn't realize Cyclops' popularity was so high.

That same guy has a MU Yellowjacket up for auction (along with lots of other unreleased figs).  Did I miss the announcement about this?!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 8, 2010, 12:03 PM »
I don't remember seeing this before, but it looks like Wave 6 of Marvel Universe has been revealed.  Here's the lineup (pics at the link):

Constrictor
Hawkeye (Dark Avengers)
Iron Man 2020
Thanos
Yellow Jacket w/mini Ant Man
Archangel Variant (Horseman Death Mask)

Thanos is cool and all, but otherwise it is sort of a ho-hum wave for me.  It is great to continue to expand the lineup though, but I think I might be passing on most of this wave.  I need to start cutting back somewhere.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2010, 12:06 PM by Brian »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 8, 2010, 12:19 PM »
Have they released a wave of this series without an Iron Man yet?  Sure, he has two popular movies under his belt now, but even when ToyBiz was doing the 6" ML line they had plenty of IM figures out.

You'd think when Hasbro is already doing a dedicated IM line, including comic and off-screen armor, they wouldn't bother to waste a slot in a wave of MU figures.  Especially when the MU figs are about a $1-$15.0 more expensive than the IM line.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 8, 2010, 06:53 PM »
Yeah, I'm a big IM fan, but this is Iron Man overload.  I'll probably pick up Hawkeye and pretend he's not Bullseye and Yellowjacket is a must for me.  I like Thanos and Constrictor, but not part of my focus.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 8, 2010, 07:06 PM »
I don't think there's been a wave yet that hasn't had an Iron Man, Wolverine or Spider-Man involved somehow. I think the biggest kicker of this particular Iron Man is how terrible it looks IMO. I hate that tall skinny body on a character that's supposed to be in armor. Would have looked much better if they'd used the Iron Man from the movie line as a base.Knowing Hasbro he'll probably be the only 2 per case figure in this wave. The others look good though, digging Thanos, and I have no idea who Constrictor is, but he looks nice. Yellowjacket is ok, tired of that skinny body though, I wish they'd get a better, more natural looking body to reuse constantly, something in the middle. That and I wish they'd stop painting the belts on and mold them instead. It just looks cheap.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #606 on: June 9, 2010, 01:57 PM »
Constrictor and Thanos for me.  Nice to get anouther Secret Wars figure. 
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 10, 2010, 11:23 AM »
I just received the Juggernaut wave from HTS.  This is easily the best wave released yet.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 11, 2010, 10:40 AM »
I really like the wave too - I don't have a problem with yet with so many figures using the same mold.  A lot of people are kind of complaining about Archangel/Havoc using the same mold but they both look great to me. 

Some people are also complaining about the lack in molds for female characters - it doesn't bug me so much.  I don't really know to much about Kitty so I don't really have anything bad to say about her figure.

Out of the whole wave however I think I am the most surprised with Colossus - I guess that is because I knew for pics early on that Juggie was gonna rock - so when i got the finl product in hand he didn't wow me too much - again, I knew he was gonna be great, and he was.

Colossus on the other hand I almost didn't get because I already have the Wolverine one and I try to stay away from buying doubles of a character whenever possible to save $$$ since I collect from so many lines.  So long story shor - I love Colossus, especially his neck articulation.  If there would be one improvement I could make for him it would his hips - I can't get him to make some posses I want him to without his legs popping off. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 11, 2010, 11:48 AM »
I'll echo the positive comments on Colossus.  I already had the Wolverine Origins one as well, and didn't think I needed the MU one, but got it as part of the wave and I'm glad I did.  As nice as the previous one was, I think this one is even better...and actually one of my favorite figures of the MU line so far.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 11, 2010, 02:37 PM »
I'll echo the positive comments on Colossus.  I already had the Wolverine Origins one as well, and didn't think I needed the MU one, but got it as part of the wave and I'm glad I did.  As nice as the previous one was, I think this one is even better...and actually one of my favorite figures of the MU line so far.

+1
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 12, 2010, 08:05 AM »
I agree that the entire last wave was awesome.  I have the 4" Marvel Legends Showdown Colossus and the Wolverine Origins version.  Both were really really good.  But this Marvel Universe version is great.

And there are some really awesome figures coming out this fall.  I'm already salivating (and have preordered most of) Iron Spidey, Winter Soldier, Multiple Man, Mystique, Daken Akihiro, Iron Patriot, Bullseye Dark Avenger. 

The only figure in the next 3 waves that looks like a total zero to me is Mary Jane Watson.  It looks terrible.  I don't know how junk like that makes it past whatever kind of inspections they do.

BTW...  the Wave 11 is up for preorder at EE.

This case includes 12 action figures:
1x Team X Wolverine
1x Ghost Rider
1x Hawkeye (Dark Avengers)
1x Constrictor
1x Yellow Jacket (w/ mini Antman)
1x Iron Man 2020
1x Thanos
1x Spider-Man (Red / Blue)
1x Iron Man
1x Colossus
1x Juggernaut
1x Iron Spider-Man
(subject to change)

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 12, 2010, 08:47 AM »
The only figure in the next 3 waves that looks like a total zero to me is Mary Jane Watson.  It looks terrible.  I don't know how junk like that makes it past whatever kind of inspections they do.

I agree.  I pretty much buy every figure in this line, but I'm skipping on MJ as well.  Not only does the figure look like crap, but I have no need for a regular "civilian" in my collection.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 12, 2010, 09:53 PM »
As usual, I'm late to the party on this line.  I really only want the X-Men guys, though.  Do I need to be worried if I haven't seen Colossus or Kitty Pryde yet, or are they still hitting retail?  And the Colossus/Phoenix 2-pack isn't out yet...right?

Much obliged.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 12, 2010, 10:00 PM »
As usual, I'm late to the party on this line.  I really only want the X-Men guys, though.  Do I need to be worried if I haven't seen Colossus or Kitty Pryde yet, or are they still hitting retail?  And the Colossus/Phoenix 2-pack isn't out yet...right?

Much obliged.

Buy this:

A good buy for Sprry
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda