Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 284112 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #630 on: June 26, 2010, 08:09 AM »
I just got word via email that my Wave 9 order has shipped from Entertainment Earth.

I can't praise EE enough with how early and efficiently I've been getting these recent waves on Marvel Universe figures.

I'm really looking forward to Iron Patriot, Winter Soldier, and Iron Spidey.

And of course, Venom is excited that his next Skrull meal is on the way.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #631 on: June 26, 2010, 12:49 PM »
Great customs.  ;D

I have such a hard time fidning the figures i want that i went ahead and preordered wave 9 from BBTS since i wanted everyone in the wave.  It shipped the other day, cant wait to get them in.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 27, 2010, 11:44 AM »
I finished my Iron Patriot custom.  Judging from the images I've seen, I actually like my Iron Patriot better than the version that's about to come out in Wave 9.  But I'll wait and see when they get here next week.  I made my figure from an Iron Man Mark II figure.  I drilled the star-repulsor into his chest with my dental handpiece (inbetween patients, ha!) and then painted it when I got home.  Here he is with his alter-ego the Green Goblin:

Also, here's my last 2 customs, Warren Worthington III that I made from Torch, and Bullseye that I made from an Electro:

Sometime this week, I have Daken Dark X-Men on deck, but I may end making him in his Dark Avengers uniform.  We'll see.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 11:49 AM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 27, 2010, 01:47 PM »
I'm being faceitious, but is the MU line exclusive to HasbroToyShop these days or what?  I haven't seen a single wave of these show up at an actual retail store since before Christmas, and that was a one-time appearance of the Warpath/Jean Grey/Sunfire wave at an out-of-the-way Wal-Mart.  The only things hanging around on pegs are multiples of every Iron Man and Spider-Man released last year, and absolutely nothing else. 

Granted, I am only collecting the X-Men figures from this line, but with the last wave (Havok, Archangel, etc) being MIA, AND variants of two of those figures showing up in limited amounts, to say that I am a bit discouraged is an understatement.  Are these ever going to show up at retail, or should I just bail out now completely because I'll never be able to find the figures that I want?

On a happier note, nice Angel custom, DR! :)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 27, 2010, 06:16 PM »
 I drilled the star-repulsor into his chest with my dental handpiece (inbetween patients, ha!) and then painted it when I got home.  

I was going to ask if you ever used your professional tools...too funny.

All the customs look great.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 1, 2010, 12:12 PM »
I saw the Juggernaut wave at a local FYE yesterday.  They were $9.99 each.  It sucks, but that's actually not too bad for FYE.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #636 on: July 2, 2010, 12:16 PM »
Seems like HTS has opted to sell cases instead of individual figures which pretty much sucks.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 2, 2010, 01:28 PM »
Seems like HTS has opted to sell cases instead of individual figures which pretty much sucks.

Yes we were discussing this at 'scum.  I was amused that Hasbro's own online store has enough issues with the case assortments that they'll only sell the entire case now, so as to avoid being stuck with pegwarmers.

This should be their first clue to do a better job with the assortments.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 2, 2010, 07:58 PM »

Yes we were discussing this at 'scum.  I was amused that Hasbro's own online store has enough issues with the case assortments that they'll only sell the entire case now, so as to avoid being stuck with pegwarmers.

AMEN brother!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 3, 2010, 09:36 AM »

Yes we were discussing this at 'scum.  I was amused that Hasbro's own online store has enough issues with the case assortments that they'll only sell the entire case now, so as to avoid being stuck with pegwarmers.

I really do think I am going to call in a complaint to HTS about that.  Not certain if it will do anything - but I don't want customer service at HTS to not hear about this issue either and let them know that they are pushing me to other sources to look for product.
« Last Edit: July 5, 2010, 07:51 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 3, 2010, 11:02 PM »
What are the odds that Hasbro isn't shipping anything, pending the GI Joe and Star Wars stuff that's forthcoming in August?  It seems like everything they sell is totally dried up.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 4, 2010, 09:14 AM »
What are the odds that Hasbro isn't shipping anything, pending the GI Joe and Star Wars stuff that's forthcoming in August?  It seems like everything they sell is totally dried up.

I haven't been able to find anything at retail in 9 months.  I've written it off as a source almost totally.

I've never ordered so many cases from Entertainment Earth in my life.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 5, 2010, 07:54 AM »
I've never ordered so many cases from Entertainment Earth in my life.

I honestly think Hasbro is purposefully working towards that.  Not only do I get that feeling from what I see in stores and online at HTS, but also from things that they have said in QnA's about figure/wave availability.  Their "tone" in their response just gives me that feeling.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 6, 2010, 07:44 AM »

Custom Daken Dark Avengers with a coupla teammates.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 7, 2010, 09:13 PM »
I was just looking at the Marvel SDCC Exclusives for this year, and it looks like there are quite a few.  I'm trying to figure out the movie Spider-Man included in the info and pictures.  Seems like an odd time for that, but all I can figure is that it is possibly a 3 3/4" scaled movie version, to fit in with some of the other movie stuff we've gotten lately (Hulk, Wolverine, Iron Man).  Sadly, if that is the case, I might try to grab one.  The Cap and Thor look kind of neat too, although I'm not sure if I'll be trying to get those or not.