Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 285247 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #645 on: July 8, 2010, 02:44 PM »
That's the first I've heard about that Spider-Man... looks pretty cool actually. Easy time passing on everything else though, especially since Galactus is coming to retail with extra stuff.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 8, 2010, 06:58 PM »
That's the first I've heard about that Spider-Man... looks pretty cool actually. Easy time passing on everything else though, especially since Galactus is coming to retail with extra stuff.

Rumor is entire stores have already started disappearing...
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #647 on: July 9, 2010, 02:14 PM »
I had not heard about Spider-man either but I would like one to be in scale with the Hulk and Iron man movie figures. I hope they give us a few more.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 21, 2010, 09:10 AM »
CTR has their annual Hasbro MU interview up on their site.  Pretty interesting read - I just got to the part where they are showing the back of the new, upcomming, World War Hulk - Looks bad ass - had to share immediately.

;D

edit:  make sure you click on the Galactus pic to see the Galactus variant they are making - pretty shocked they are making a variant of a figure that big!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 09:13 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #649 on: July 21, 2010, 12:17 PM »
That Planet Hulk figure looks like it is going to be awesome. I can't wait for it. I can pass on the Galactus variant though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 21, 2010, 03:52 PM »
Real Excited that the interview also made it sound like a definite that we will be getting Fin Fang Foom.  Perhaps he is next in line for the Giant Battles WM exclusive? 

I never collected ML so I never did get any of those giant Build A Figures.  Foom would be a very welcome addition as I am thinking he would be very much in/close to scale with MU figures.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 21, 2010, 06:55 PM »
Yeah, that planet Hulk looks like he's in a whole other world in terms of sculpt compared to a lot of the other MU figures. Look at the texture they added on the skin, looks great, hope this is a sign of things to come.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 21, 2010, 08:29 PM »
Yeah, that planet Hulk looks like he's in a whole other world in terms of sculpt compared to a lot of the other MU figures. Look at the texture they added on the skin, looks great, hope this is a sign of things to come.

It's funny that there is a large part of the interview dedicated to She-Hulk and how they haven't made her because there are only a few other MU figures with those proportions they could reuse the molds for.  What, pray tell, other characters could use the new Gladiator Hulk mold!?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #653 on: July 22, 2010, 12:19 AM »
Seriously how the **** can they not get Cap right?

Especially after this exchange with Curto...

Curto: One thing that has just popped up recently is a new listing for Secret Wars Comic packs. Obviously, these aren't more Secret Wars stories, since you already covered all 12 issues. The listing is for Wolverine & Captain America, and Iron Man & Thor. Can you talk about what versions of these we're looking forward to?

Jivoin: You are right...they aren't Secret Wars 25th anniversary sets. These will be part of the next theme, which will be "Greatest Battles"

Curto: So, these would be Wolverine Vs. Cap and Iron Man Vs. Thor, not a Marvel Team-Up, if you will...

Vonner: Right. The Cap & Wolverine set is from Captain America Annual #8, with the cool Mike Zeck cover, where Wolverine is slashing Cap's shield with sparks flying...

Curto: I love it! Great issue.

Vonner: (laughs) That was one of my favorite covers when I was a kid

Curto: Me too...I had the poster and everything...very cool!

Vonner: Yeah yeah...I remember that. Zeck did a Punisher one too, remember that?

Jivoin: I had the poster too, and right now at my house, I've got that very issue framed between glass. It was such a great comic.

Curto: Back then, Wolverine was really fighting everyone he ever met, which made for some interesting crossovers. So, you've already done these characters before, what will be different about them? Will we get more accurate figures this time around?

Vonner: You mean, with Cap's belt? yeah...

Curto: Right, the belt, the mask, the sleeves...the Cap figures from last year did not have the correct belt, since it started out as an Ultimate Cap figure. The current classic Cap (World War II) has the correct belt, but the mask isn't the modern version.

Vonner: Well, you know, Cap's about to have a new movie line...so you might see something there.

Curto: Good point. So, which Wolverine is this? The same taller figure we've gotten in Universe, or the smaller, more accurate figure from the Wolverine line?

Vonner: The Wolverine figure will be from the Universe line, but Cap's shield will have Wolverine's slash marks on it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 12:22 AM by Scott »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 22, 2010, 10:20 AM »
Yeah, I don't get their problem with making a proper Cap either.  That interview basically sounds like "well, you might get a nice one in the movie line".  That is great and all, but also next year, so it will take them basically three years to get a basic, normal version of one of Marvel's biggest heroes into the line.  Kind of silly.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 22, 2010, 11:09 AM »
If they don't keep messing him then they would have no reason to release him again and again making minor changes getting suckers to buy him.

Probably going to be passing on the Cap/Wolvie Pack
Definitely passing on the Thor/Iron Man - who the heck thought that would be a good idea???  imo, the only reason to buy that pack would be for the comic....

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 23, 2010, 09:46 AM »
The MU drought may be coming to an end.
A local Target had at least four cases of the Juggernaut wave on the pegs this morning.  I picked up the variants of Archangel and Havok.
I also got Iron Patriot, Iron Spider-Man, Winter Soldier, and Wrecker from a case that I split with a friend.
I still need to track down a Skrull, and I have absolutely no interest in Mary Jane.  At all.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 23, 2010, 10:31 AM »
A local Target had at least four cases of the Juggernaut wave on the pegs this morning.  I picked up the variants of Archangel and Havok.
I also got Iron Patriot, Iron Spider-Man, Winter Soldier, and Wrecker from a case that I split with a friend.
I still need to track down a Skrull, and I have absolutely no interest in Mary Jane.  At all.

Nice I'll be seeing these in 3 weeks.  It's the Neal Heslor 3 Week Rule.  90% of the time it works every time.

I find that army building in Marvel Universe is damn near impossible if you want more than 3 or 4 of these figures.  Unless you count the TRU 3 packs.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 23, 2010, 11:04 AM »

Holy crap!  your store had pegs allocated to hold 4 cases!

It will be nice to find those variants you got - grats!

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 23, 2010, 11:26 AM »

Holy crap!  your store had pegs allocated to hold 4 cases!

It will be nice to find those variants you got - grats!

Yeah ... they actually added more pegs, but they still didn't have enough room for all of the figures.  Some of them were on the shelf below.  They also got in a ton of Spider-Man figures, which also added to the clutter.