Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 283531 times)

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #675 on: July 29, 2010, 09:39 AM »
was able to hide the red/silver Iron Man pegwarmers today and pulled a Jedi mind trick on the Target employee making him think they were out of stock on the sales floor (I just moved them to the IM2 section).  He scanned the peg, said there were a bunch in the back and brought out a case.  I scored the Archangel Death variant and the old school Havok and another AIM trooper.

It was nice to see Colossus and Juggie hanging on the pegs - shows the great potential of this line.  Those 2 figures are so BA - but I already had them.

That is a good 'trick' which I shall keep in mind next time I have same question to answer at retail.

And I am looking forward to seeing the Archangel,Colossus,Juggernaut and Havok figures from this line as they look excellent.
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 29, 2010, 04:32 PM »
Man, I still need ArchAngel. And the variants too of him and Havok. This line has been extremely hard in the last 12 months to get everything. (at least in my area)

Restocking doesn't happen much and when it does, the figures just fly off the pegs.

I did see 4 of the AIM figure. Didn't buy any of them as I don't like that figure at all.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #677 on: July 29, 2010, 08:49 PM »
I have to say i love the AIM figure. I didnt think of it, but its pretty cool. I say pick one up and check it out.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 30, 2010, 03:58 PM »
Heh, got lucky last night and found the Havok variant and Arch Angel variant. I was very surprised when I rounded the corner of the aisle to find them there. Happily so.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 1, 2010, 11:20 PM »
One of my local Targets did a half-assed reset but they did put out the new wave of Universe figures. Surprisingly all they had left were a few Juggernauts and Havoks, so I snagged a Juggernaut for myself and a second for JD's favorite sandwhich artist Famine.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 2, 2010, 11:58 AM »
Our local Target finally put out some new MU stuff too, for the first time in a loooong time.  They had a shelf holder with the Colossus/Juggernaut wave in it, as well as the new exclusive two packs (Spidey/Gobby, etc.)  Just out of curiosity, does anyone happen to have a Black Widow (regular, red hair) anywhere around them?  Our daughter is into superheroes, particularly the female ones, and we haven't been able to find one locally at all.  That wave in particular seemed to barely show up here, if at all.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 2, 2010, 12:10 PM »
I picked up three of the four Target 2-packs today (skipped on Spidey/Goblin).  I wanted the new Wolverine, Punisher, and Black Panther, so I had to eat more superfluous Iron Man figures.  Wonderful.

::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 2, 2010, 02:14 PM »
I picked up three of the four Target 2-packs today (skipped on Spidey/Goblin).  I wanted the new Wolverine, Punisher, and Black Panther, so I had to eat more superfluous Iron Man figures.  Wonderful.

::)

I saw those 2 packs and was tempted to grab a few as well.  I haven't yet, but might at some point.  The Wolverine has a new head, right?  And I believe Black Panther is different/improved as well?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #683 on: August 2, 2010, 05:40 PM »
No luck for me yet, I want the Punisher set.  Contemplating the Black Panther but is it just a new cape or is the figure different too?

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 3, 2010, 10:40 AM »
Any links or pics of these two-packs you guys are talking about?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 3, 2010, 06:37 PM »
I looked at these briefly the other day, but nothing appealing enough to get me to buy them.  I think Panther looks a little better - did the old one have a cape?  The 2pack version does, but that's not enough to entice me.  Passing on all of them.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #686 on: August 3, 2010, 07:53 PM »
The first release did not have a cape, i can't justify spedning 12.00 just on a cape. If teh figure is differetn and better I would pick it up.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 3, 2010, 10:48 PM »

yes
« Last Edit: August 3, 2010, 10:51 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 4, 2010, 01:46 PM »

yes

Ah, okay, easy pass for me on all of these. Though I might want one Black ninja.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 5, 2010, 08:16 PM »
Found all four of these and only bought the Wolverine/Black Hand Ninja. I already have plenty of Spidey, a couple of the Goblin. Didn't need either Iron Man as I have those already. Definitely not Black Panther just for the cape. I'm not a fan of Punisher, so that was a pass too.

While I have Wolverine, I can justify this purchase for what I have planned for him, and the black ninja just adds to the ranks I have of them.