Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 283952 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #735 on: September 10, 2010, 10:45 AM »
The 2 new comic packs are up for pre-order on HTS.  I will wait though because I am not going to pay all that shipping for just 2 items.  Add more items and I will bite then HTS

I don't follow superhero squad but I think there are some new ones on HTS for that line too.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 11, 2010, 09:01 PM »
Found a Phoenix/Cyclops comic pack today.  That was some good news for me.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 14, 2010, 04:48 PM »
In Mishawaka, Indiana today:

Run, dont walk to your local TRU if you want the Mystique wave!!!!

I went to TRU today after work and they just finished setting up a new display pallet full of Marvel goodness!

There was A TON of the Mystique wave, maybe 5 cases, so I got my fill.

There was also a bunch of the cases of Iron Man.  I am guessing it was all from the case that has Fusion Armor and Whiplash in it - cuz they were the only "new" figures on it.  So if you still need Whiplash, there you go.

There was also a bunch of Spiderman figures.  I hoped for Carnage - but no luck.  There was however a bunch of Rhino if you need him.

edit:  how could I forget.  I also brought home The Destroyer of Worlds from TRU.  :grin:  All were 4 on the shelf were classic colors    

the box shows his eyes light up blue, mine only go orange.

The back of the Galactus box has a really neat picture showing off almost all of the definitive versions of each character from the MU line.  A couple of omissions pop out though.  There is Negative Zone thing, but no versions of Torch or Reed.  Several versions of Iron Man, but only the black version of Spiderman.  probably other things too.

just need those comic packs....
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 05:13 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 14, 2010, 06:11 PM »
That is an impressive photo.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 14, 2010, 08:55 PM »
That is an impressive photo.

E...

Thanks!  I wanted to make sure I gave people a size reference so, while including Silver Surfer was obvious, I thought throwing the Skrull in the pic would be helpful.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 14, 2010, 10:10 PM »
How much did Galactus cost, if you don't mind my asking? I remember the SDCC version being like $70, but I think I read that it was going to be cheaper at retail.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 15, 2010, 12:23 AM »
Excellent display of SS and Galactus shmashwitdaclub  ;D ;D ;D
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 15, 2010, 08:57 AM »
How much did Galactus cost, if you don't mind my asking? I remember the SDCC version being like $70, but I think I read that it was going to be cheaper at retail.

$49.99 at TRU.  Kinda surprised they didn't inflate the price a little in their typical fashion.  What is really cool about this figure is the level of quality put into him.  He is solid!  I don't think he feels "cheap" anywhere.  Pretty heavy too.  On top of all of that, his articulation works very well too.   

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 15, 2010, 01:51 PM »

$49.99 at TRU.  Kinda surprised they didn't inflate the price a little in their typical fashion.  What is really cool about this figure is the level of quality put into him.  He is solid!  I don't think he feels "cheap" anywhere.  Pretty heavy too.  On top of all of that, his articulation works very well too.   

Wow.  Cool display, but $50 for an action figure (even a big big one like this) seems pretty expensive to me. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 15, 2010, 06:10 PM »
Any chance we can get a pic of Galactus vs. AT-AT?

>:D
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 15, 2010, 10:31 PM »
Wow.  Cool display, but $50 for an action figure (even a big big one like this) seems pretty expensive to me. 

Well, you do get the Silver Surfer, which is like $8.50 on its own, so look at it as paying $41.49 for Galactus. :P
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 16, 2010, 10:24 AM »
I used the TRU coupon I posted in the vintage thread and I got mine for $45   8)

The Silver Surfer is a nice upgrade too.  I like the shinier paint job and black eyes.  Though, I think if I had the choice, since I already have a "silver" Silver Surfer, I may have preferred the translucent one over the one I got - have to wait until I see it in hand.  However, I am only buying one Galactus, and I wanted the "classic color" one.

And I will get to work on the AT-AT vs. Galactus battle when I get home from work.  That would be an interesting pic to show off the size of this guy.   ;D

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 16, 2010, 01:02 PM »
For any that are interested, Galactus is now in stock at TRU.com:

Galactus

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 16, 2010, 04:21 PM »
Here you go!

This is just another pic for size referrence with other action figures

The battle begins!

The AT-AT doesn't stand a chance!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 16, 2010, 04:37 PM »
HA!  That last pic is pretty cool.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN