Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 283698 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #765 on: October 8, 2010, 02:33 PM »
A first look at some of the Marvel Universe stuff being shown at NYCC.  Looks like a couple new figures (Cable, Apocalypse), the "comic series" from the Cap line for next year, as well as Thor movie stuff (and cardbacks for both).  Hopefully we'll see more throughout the weekend.  I have to admit, that new Sentinel looks kind of nifty.  I thought I'd be happy with the Legends versions of Galactus and the Sentinel, but I have to admit to being tempted to pick the new ones up.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 8, 2010, 04:39 PM »
Some nice looking stuff. Not terribly thrilled by the look of the Cap comic series though. It looks like a bunch of Cap variants and a Bucky. You'd thin they'd have learned from the Iron Man line that releasing 20 variants of the main character right out of the gate isn't the greatest idea ever. Shame, I was really looking forward to seeing what they'd do with the comic series. Hoped we'd get a few badies at least.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #767 on: October 8, 2010, 04:56 PM »
At least they are finally making Cap right

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 8, 2010, 05:18 PM »
I figured we'd be seeing more of the same with the Cap and Thor lines after the disasters that were the Wolverine and Iron Man lines. Cap looks great though, I'll definitely be snagging that one.

The X-Men figures continue to impress too, I'm definitely going to snag Apocalypse and the Sentinel.

Anyone know when that Giant Size X-Men box set comes out?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 8, 2010, 05:23 PM »
I figured we'd be seeing more of the same with the Cap and Thor lines after the disasters that were the Wolverine and Iron Man lines.

The Iron Man figures have been fantastic quality.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: October 8, 2010, 05:32 PM »
Quality wise, they're great. I think the complaints with the Iron Man line have to do with the case ratios and lack of villains until later waves. At least with Iron Man constant variants make sense since he does have dozens of different armors. I didn't mind this for the comic series since most of the armors are visually distinctive from one another, but with Cap, the differences aren't as large, much like the Wolverine Line. That said, some of those caps do look pretty sweet. I'm hoping there might be a few more reveals this weekend. At least give us a nice Red Skull, and I'll be happy.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: October 10, 2010, 06:21 AM »
I'm hoping there might be a few more reveals this weekend.

Go to marvelousnews.com, they posted pictures of USAgent, Crossbones, and another Captain Britain.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 10, 2010, 12:42 PM »
I figured we'd be seeing more of the same with the Cap and Thor lines after the disasters that were the Wolverine and Iron Man lines.

The Iron Man figures have been fantastic quality.

I definitely agree with you there, but the character selections and case ratios were absolutely awful, especially in the Iron Man line. And judging from the pics, it looks like the Cap line is going to have a bunch of Caps and maybe one villain to fight.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 11, 2010, 04:22 PM »
TRU up here bumped the price of two packs (with comic) to $19.99  :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: October 11, 2010, 04:27 PM »
TRU up here bumped the price of two packs (with comic) to $19.99  :o

A few more dollars and the French will finally be receiving the level of punishment they deserve.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 13, 2010, 09:24 AM »
possible upcomming comic packs pulled from Walmart computers from marvelousnews.com forums:

Ddpool/tskmtr = deadpool vs. taskmaster
pwrmn/irnfist = powerman vs. iron fist
spd/cptbritain = spiderman vs captain birtain
wolv/slvrsam = wolverine vs. silver samurai

some of these sound great!

and on another MU note X-Men's Arcade Comes To Playstation Network & Xbox Live!   I loved this arcade game - I cant wait!  My son and I will have an awesome time with this one.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 13, 2010, 11:46 AM »
I haven't picked up any MU figures yet, even though when they were first debuted I thought that there were a few I would buy.  At this point I think the only two figures I'm interested in buying are Rogue and Gambit.

I bought the Gambit figure from the Wolverine line, but he's kind of lacking compared to the MU figures.  Anyone following this line hear any rumblings of Hasbro doing Rogue and Gambit any time soon?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: October 13, 2010, 01:30 PM »
I follow the line pretty well, this line is grabbing my attention more than SW most days, and I am pretty sure that there really hasn't been much said from Hasbro about either figure.

I just found this QnA round up from the last time there was a QnA ages ago, but it seems like a question from the web site Kitty's Pride may have answer pertaining to Gambit.  I would look at the answer but it is blocked here from my work.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: October 13, 2010, 02:03 PM »
Yep.  That question was about Hasbro going back to figures from the Wolverine line and moving them to the MU line.  Hasbro didn't mention any by name but said there might be some overlap and they may make upgrades to the MU release to bring it in line with the rest of the figures.

I really want tricked out versions of Gambit and Rogue.  Rogue kind of got skipped in the Marvel Legends line (I wasn't buying that gigantic TRU set to get her, and I didn't like her face sculpt anyway) and other than the short hair, red outfit version of her from a couple of years ago, there hasn't really ever been a decent version of her.

I see Deadpool on that list of 2-packs.  I wonder if that'll be a straight re-pack of the Wolverine release, updated WO fig or new.  I haven't gone through all the NYCC photos yet but I don't recall seeing Deadpool there so we might not know yet.

One thing, that Sentinal that hasbro is going to release looks awesome!  I didn't care for any of the Cap or Thor movie figs they showed off last weekend, but there were a couple MU figs in there that were interesting.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: October 13, 2010, 03:03 PM »
As for Deadpool he is coming in on of these packs for sure: