Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 285682 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #885 on: December 20, 2010, 03:03 PM »
Jeez, forget about 30 more figures, I still need to backtrack.  Those EE cases are tempting but too much in there I don't want and nowhere to get rid of the rest. 

Here's what I'm still missing and actually want:
  003 - Silver Surfer
  007 - Human Torch (Flame On!)
  008 - Daredevil
  009 - Iron Man (Stealth Ops)
  010 - Bullseye
  014 - Grey Hulk
  017 - Iron Fist
  022 - Ms. Marvel
  027 - Moon Knight
  030 - Hobgoblin
  034 - Sub-Mariner - but I'd really like to get the classic look with the Invaders four pack (and Red Skull too)

Action Figures, Series II - 2010
  003 - Warpath (X-Force)
  004 - Jean Grey
  005 - Sunfire
  006 - Vision
  006 - Vision (Clear Variant) - though I could really care less about variants, just one or the other
  018 - Havok (Classic Costume Variant) -that said I'd prefer to own this version

Constrictor (Fans' Choice Runner-Up)
  Thanos
  Yellowjacket (& Ant-Man)
  Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
  Apocalypse
  Cable
  Cyclops (Jim Lee Costume)
  Wolverine (1st Appearance)
  Darkhawk
  Falcon
  Dr. Strange
  Invisible Woman

I'd have to double check the stuff from the comic packs to see if there's any duplication in the list but I'm missing a few older things for sure and want a fair number of the new things.

I guess since I've dumped most of the Legends I can re-instate my demand for a "Friends & Family" Spidey box set with Aunt May, JJJ, Gwen Stacy and Robbie Robertson. 

I'd end up with a spidey centric list as well and wouldn't mind Tombstone, Chameleon, Kraven, Sandman and whatever the rat thing was in the crossover series (the name will come to me in time).  Digging on the Amazing bagman but I can see it being a chase figure. :-\

And for whatever dumb reason I passed on the box set with the yellow Daredevil at TRU when I was down south.  I'd really like to have that choice back now given it was only $13 for the threepack. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #886 on: December 20, 2010, 03:37 PM »
I still need a bunch too. Sucks because I passed on most of them in the beginning. Still need:

Bullseye
Ms. Marvel
phasing Vision
Classic Warpath
Classic Havok
Death Archangel variant
Blonde Black Widow
Sunfire
Nick Fury
Archangel (x-factor)

I passed on the initial hill figures and went with the classic and gray hulk from the hulk line. Look much much better.

I also picked up the thanos wave on ebay. It ended up being cheaper shipped than my bbts preorde without shipping.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: December 20, 2010, 04:40 PM »
I wonder when we will be seeing those two 3 packs, the nex round of WM Giant Figures, and  the Giant Sized X-Men pack?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: December 20, 2010, 05:40 PM »
And for whatever dumb reason I passed on the box set with the yellow Daredevil at TRU when I was down south.  I'd really like to have that choice back now given it was only $13 for the threepack. 

Who else comes in that 3pk?  If it is the one with Stealth Iron Man, I might be able to grab DD for you.  There's been a 3pk with him and 2 guys I don't want sitting at TRU forever and might still be on sale - I can check if you're interested.  I wasn't willing to pay that much for just IM, but I would grab it if you or someone else wants the other guys.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: December 21, 2010, 09:38 AM »
I think it was yellow DD, silver (white) surfer and stealth IM.  I'd be ok taking the other two.  If you want the IM I'd be happy to pay for the others.  Throw them in an envelope and mail them to me for cheap and we're all set.  LMK if you can find them. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: December 21, 2010, 02:04 PM »
I think it was yellow DD, silver (white) surfer and stealth IM.  I'd be ok taking the other two.  If you want the IM I'd be happy to pay for the others.  Throw them in an envelope and mail them to me for cheap and we're all set.  LMK if you can find them. 

I'll see what I can find...
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #891 on: December 25, 2010, 08:37 AM »
Got my thanos wave in the mail yesterday. He is pretty awesome. Paint apps on constructor and pretty much all but thanos are pretty sloppy.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: December 30, 2010, 02:03 AM »
Got my MU 2-packs in the mail today and they look pretty good.  Couple of notes:

I lucked out on the green Hulk figure and got one that's pretty dark.  Not as dark as the single release but a far cry from the neon green version so I'm pretty pleased.

Also did a comparison of the brown suited Wolverines from the 2 pack and the Wolverine series release.  Gotta say I'm pleased I only paid a couple of bucks for the Wolverine series release, it looks awful compared to the 2 pack version.  Kinda thinking a MU blue/yellow Wolvie will look a lot better than the Wolverine series release as well. 

If anyone sees a cheap Hobgoblin out there, think of me (and Thanos and....)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: January 12, 2011, 12:33 PM »
Anyone seeing anything lately?  Our stores up here go dead for at least a month after Christmas so it's really depressing.  The Christmas season did a good job of cleaning up a lot of the Luke Cage figures so most stores are fairly empty these days. 

Getting the Yellow DD and the Silver (super white version) Surfer from Justin (I swear I'll remember paypal tonight) so those are two off my list but I'd like to get the parts of that Thanos wave I need.  I just don't need a Dark Hawkeye figure for my collection.  Regretting not grabbing the spiderwoman figure I saw when I was down south.  Hoping to be back in the states in March though, so hopefully things have ramped up again by then. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: January 12, 2011, 01:28 PM »
I saw a Dark Hawkeye over the holidays at a Target store - only one I have ever seen.  I'm just looking for the Spiderwoman to get caught up.  I haven't seen anything new show up in about a month or so at Target or TRU.   :P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: January 12, 2011, 02:20 PM »
Over the past week or so, I've found a few new or new-ish things.  I picked up Spidey 2099 at TRU (the only one there from that wave when I saw it), a Heroic Age (or Modular Armor) Iron Man at an across town Wal-Mart (again, the only one there from that wave), and grabbed a Thanos at Target.  I did see the 2020 Iron Man and Dark Avengers Hawkeye, but didn't pick up either one.  Mainly on the lookout for Spider-Woman as well, and possibly a couple others from that wave (Captain Marvel and Doc Samson).  Outside of that wave, I don't know that anything else has been officially announced for the MU line.  I know there have been rumors, but I don't know that there are any others up for preorder online anywhere yet.  I wonder if we're in for a bit of a break here as well while Thor and Cap (and Iron Man) take center stage.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: January 12, 2011, 02:37 PM »
I wonder if we're in for a bit of a break here as well while Thor and Cap (and Iron Man) take center stage.

I so loathe and despise movie based toy lines.  I assume they're profitable but they are so frustrating to see clogging up space.  So few are successful.  I guess if they manage to incorporate some classically styled characters into the line that would be cool, but I won't hold my breath.  I'd love to see a comic based Loki and possibly others but suspect we'll only see move themed stuff.  Loki is one of those figures on my wish list.  I'd really like to see a She-Hulk figure as well but I ain't counting on that.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: January 12, 2011, 03:15 PM »
Nothing really new around here lately.

Picked up a pair of Marvel Legends Sentinels via eBay last week.  After seeing pics of the Sentinel Hasbro is putting out, I decided I like the Marvel Legends type better overall.  Probably will still get 1 Hasbro version too.  Also got Marvel Select Uatu the Watcher, which is a good scale for the 3 3/4" Universe line.  Also, the MODOK Marvel Legends BAF works well.  Man-Thing too, who I'll buy next.

As for retail, I'm expecting the 8 revision waves of wave 12 soon, which is choc full of Wave 11 rereleases.  I still need Thanos.  He's in a couple of them.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: January 12, 2011, 03:51 PM »
Also got Marvel Select Uatu the Watcher, which is a good scale for the 3 3/4" Universe line. 

That's a fantastic idea.  I'm normally just an Avengers guy, but would be cool to have Uatu hanging around in the background of a MU display.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: January 12, 2011, 04:30 PM »
I have a few of the Marvel Select figures as well and still haven't sold off because I haven't yet made up my mind.  Uatu is one, Thanos is another.  There's a couple more around too (Mephisto, White Queen, Spiderwoman).  I think I've decided to keep my Sentinel and Galactus as well.  I know the newer Galactus is improved but it would cost money, something that keeping the old version doesn't do.  Not sure about Giant Man though, keep or sell?  Time will tell.