Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 285709 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #1020 on: May 11, 2011, 09:52 AM »
just ordered Gladiator, Wolverine, and Cyclops off TRU.com  Cable and Apocalypse were OOS

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: May 11, 2011, 12:07 PM »
The thing that works against HTS.com is that Hasbro gears their case ratios to what will sell at retail.  Collectors that shop online aren't going to touch figures they already have and that leaves HTS with the Wolverine and Iron Man figures.

I dunno.  There's not been a shortage of Iron Man figures since the second movie came out.  All our major retailers have carried IM2 toys nonstop and they still take up more space than anything but Transformers.  Wolverine toys bombed at retail, not even moving at $2.50.  Do they really move that well elsewhere? 

And isn't HTS simply part of the larger Hasbro company?  So why in heavens name can't they communicate?  Shouldn't they have better access than regular retailers?  I know that they have to limit what they do lest they majorly impact their brick and mortar retailers but I can't find the figures at Brick and Mortar stores either, so how would that impact them?  Grrr. 

Dressel, yeah, I saw a number of them in stock on occasion but I kept hoping to get all of them at once.  Believe me,I've visited hts.com way more than I should have from work because they only seem to restock during the day. 

Between the price of gas and the frustration of not finding anything locally, BBTS and EE are looking more worthwhile all the time.  This is about the only line I'm collecting these days so all my frustration is here. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: May 12, 2011, 04:26 PM »
Managed to pick up the new Jean Grey, Warpath variant and Carnage all from the same seller today, all for $7.99 each and then reasonable shipping.  So that's a few wants down. 

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: May 12, 2011, 04:29 PM »
grabbed one of each of the 2 new comic packs at WM today   ;D  just need Cable (hopefully with Hope) and Apocalypse right now to be caught up.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: May 12, 2011, 05:05 PM »
grabbed one of each of the 2 new comic packs at WM today   

Are those the Silver Samurai/Wolverine and Deadpool/Taskmaster packs?  Is anyone seeing the Wolverine/Sabertooth comic pack?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: May 12, 2011, 05:21 PM »
Are those the Silver Samurai/Wolverine and Deadpool/Taskmaster packs?  Is anyone seeing the Wolverine/Sabertooth comic pack?

yes to your first question, and I think I saw on Marvelounews.com that there have been a few finds of the 2 X-men sets that you are thinking of.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: May 12, 2011, 08:17 PM »
Marvel Universe craziness lately.  Haul from the last 2 weeks:

= Frost Giant/Loki and Bill Foster/Ragnarok Gigantic Battles packs from Walmart.  Really great I definitely love both.

= Captain America Wave 2 case from Entertainment Earth.  Crossbones, Captain America WWII, US Agent, Bucky as Captain America, Red Skull are all awesome.  Really love Crossbones and Bucky in particular but they are all great.  Two negatives though, Captain Britain is too small all around and the Arctic Cap x 2 is just stupid, Crossbones should be in his place.  Also the shield with Bucky Cap is really stupid, instantly replaced it with a normal MU shield.

= Taskmaster comic pack from eBay.  Awesome.

= Marvel Universe Wave 13 from Entertainment Earth.  Why Cable and Cyclops are 1 per case I have no idea.  Hasbro does this on purpose.  It does not make any sense.  That aside, the whole wave, again, is awesome.  My Cable came with Hope, I left him carded.  I buy 2 of each figure, 1 to open, 1 to keep carded.  I'll post collection pics here one of these days.  At any rate, Wave 13 revision 1 I have on order from Entertainment Earth shipping in July, will have another Cable, Flame On Torch, Thanos, some other carded figs I need.  It's a good case and a good fix to the shortpack issue, it also has Cyclops.

= Also got the Giant Size X-Men 6 pack from TRU at lunch today.  Love the Storm and Proudstar (Thunderbird).  Colossus has a great paint job, real metallic with a bluish tint wash.  Storm is a great likeness.

Just crazy amounts of figures lately.  I am loving this.

I also have a Wave 14 case on order from EE: X-23, Falcon, Dr. Strange, Ben Reilly Spidey, Skarr.  2 of each of all of those then 1 Apocalypse and 1 Gladiator.  Again, why not Cable and Cyclops?  Why does Hasbro need to create this shortpack issue?  
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 08:20 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: May 12, 2011, 10:56 PM »
It really is confounding. Gladiator especially, I mean he just seems like such a C lister if that unless I missed him becoming super popular lately. Is he really in demand enough to warrant two per case, let alone being carried forward? Really baffling move on that one.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: May 12, 2011, 11:13 PM »
It really is confounding. Gladiator especially, I mean he just seems like such a C lister if that unless I missed him becoming super popular lately. Is he really in demand enough to warrant two per case, let alone being carried forward? Really baffling move on that one.

Agreed. 

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: May 13, 2011, 03:41 PM »
just ordered Gladiator, Wolverine, and Cyclops off TRU.com  Cable and Apocalypse were OOS

dang - my order already arrived!  Gladiator and Cyclops are perfect, wolvie has some imperfect paint lines which may make me exchange him if I find a better one somewhere down the line.  I also really don't care for the yellow paint on yellow plastic shading thing Hasbro has done with a couple of wolvies.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1030 on: May 13, 2011, 06:46 PM »
I am patiently waiting for wave 2 of the Thor figures, no sign yet.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: May 17, 2011, 11:09 PM »
grabbed one of each of the 2 new comic packs at WM today   

These showed up locally today.  More than U.S. retail but less if I factor in shipping so I picked up both.  Have to see if I'll keep them.  The Wolverine sort of sucks. 

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: May 18, 2011, 10:52 AM »
after opening him up, I really liked that Wolverine.  

but of course, all the same, I would have rather had a yet to be made figure in his place.   ;D
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 10:52 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 18, 2011, 12:50 PM »
Maybe I'll like it after I open it up. 

Not like I was short any Wolverine figures though.  A local store cleared most of the movie line for $2.50 a piece so I picked up a few that way. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1034 on: May 18, 2011, 07:12 PM »
Picked up the X-Men first class comic pack today, not sure if i will keep it yet though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"