Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 285555 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #1230 on: February 14, 2012, 11:46 PM »
Medusa, Black Bolt and someone else in the Inhumans.

The other would be Karnak.

Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: February 15, 2012, 11:01 AM »
Efranks, do you know what mold they used for Rogue's body?

thanks

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: February 15, 2012, 02:37 PM »
No.  I don't know if they even said anything about it, they just introduced the characters from the pack, flashed a slide and moved on.  And she wasn't in the showroom, only on the slide.  I almost missed it, they were flying through the Marvel section because they were so far behind between starting late and then having the Transformers team take so long.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: February 15, 2012, 02:50 PM »
thats cool - thanks

do you remember any details on what Longshot, Wolverine or X-Baby Cyclops looked like?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: February 15, 2012, 04:30 PM »
X-Baby Cyclopse looked sort of like this photo.

I don't recall what Longshot and Wolverine looked like.  They showed so many different Wolvie figures I couldn't keep them straight.  And nothing stands out about Longshot for me.  I saw Rogue, which snapped my attention to the screen because she's one of my 2 most wanted figures, and then I looked back in time to see the Cyclops figure.  He stands out a little because in the slideshow he kind of bounced onto the screen as they announced him.

I'm disappointed that Hasbro didn't release the slideshow and that they didn't have some of the figures at the showroom.  My main priorities were Star Wars and GI Joe and those are the lines I knew the most about.  So I'm sure I missed some tidbits during Transformers and Marvel that some of you guys would like to know but didn't register as being important to me.  On the Transformers front, I know they made some announcements about Prime toys not making it to the US and I knew just enough about that to know it was important, but not how important to the community.  I knew less about Marvel.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: February 15, 2012, 04:57 PM »
thanks E!  too bad it happened so fast - and now from what I am understanding on yakface.com, it doesn't seem as if Hasbro will be releasing the slides

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1236 on: February 28, 2012, 02:15 PM »
Found the entire wave at Walmart except the Patriot. Picked up Storm and Psylocke. Contemplated the new Daredevil but know nothing of the Shadowland costume
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: February 28, 2012, 06:54 PM »
Still no Psylocke wave around here.  A brief flash of restocking in January and now nothing since.  Blah. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: February 29, 2012, 04:50 AM »
It's been empty pegs around here ever since early December when one Wal-Mart got a ton of the Dr. Strange wave (where I was able to snag a "normal" variant). I've seen absolutely zero restocks since.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: February 29, 2012, 07:23 AM »
I have seen the Psylocke wave slip out a few times at various Targets.  Only enough for me to grab Psylocke at one store and Storm at another.  That was maybe a month ago and haven't seen them since.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: February 29, 2012, 08:59 AM »
I always see people refer to this as the "Storm/Psylocke" wave - are those the only 2 figures shipping or something? Is there no one else in that wave worth mentioning?

What wave are Grey Hulk and Ronin in? I saw those guys at TRU this week and had never seen either on the pegs before.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1241 on: February 29, 2012, 09:15 AM »
The rest of the wave are repaints and a Patriot figure.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: February 29, 2012, 09:22 AM »
What wave are Grey Hulk and Ronin in? I saw those guys at TRU this week and had never seen either on the pegs before.

I saw that repack case at Target last night too - Ronin was black - first time I have ever seen this variant in the wild.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: February 29, 2012, 10:59 AM »
I've seen the Psylocke/Storm wave at Target a couple times now as well.  Our WM still doesn't carry this line (it has the scaled down toy section and mainly seems to focus on movie lines and kids stuff), and TRU has been a wasteland for MU for months now.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: February 29, 2012, 01:06 PM »

I saw that repack case at Target last night too - Ronin was black - first time I have ever seen this variant in the wild.

Isn't Ronin normally Black?   ???  Are the highlights different?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today