Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 283779 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #1245 on: February 29, 2012, 07:27 PM »
Picked up the Wonder Man and Quicksilver two pack today.  Walmart is selling the two packs for $19.96 here (plus tax, so about $22) but another retailer is selling them for $24.95.  Uh, no. 

Also scored the Power Man and Iron Fist two pack which I had not run across previously. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: March 3, 2012, 12:10 AM »
I saw the wave with Psylocke and Storm today at Target.  The Psylocke figure looks really good and it's nice to see Storm in the outfit I usually associate her with.  I passed on them at $9 each, but they had a bunch of both of those two along with a Thor, DD and a few others.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: March 3, 2012, 10:22 AM »
Yeah, I saw a ****-ton of these at Target last night too..at least 3-4 cases.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: March 3, 2012, 02:01 PM »
Ordered this guy off Ebay China.  Well, the only thing good about this purchase was the shipping!  He got here today - pretty fast imo.

I don't think he is gonna work    :P

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: March 6, 2012, 07:36 AM »
And the eBay ad said he was 3.5" right?  The figure doesn't even look that tall next to a purported 3.75" Scarlet Spider.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: March 6, 2012, 08:42 AM »
Maybe they plan on working a Napoleon complex into a retconned backstory for Sandman...

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: March 6, 2012, 11:15 AM »
@Dressel, I would say he is more like 3.3 inches tall.

@Qui-Gon, My back story for this figure is that it is Sandman when he infiltrated a high school, er, maybe middle school.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1252 on: March 6, 2012, 06:57 PM »
Hasbro announced they are laying off 55 US employees with more to come in Canada. Unfortunately, it looks like David Vonner, the lead developer for the MU line, was one of those cut. Too bad, since he really is an awesome guy, a hardcore Marvel fan and did awesome things with the line as far as getting fan favorite figures out in the market as well as cool chases/variant for figures.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: March 6, 2012, 07:39 PM »
They should have laid off whoever is in charge of the Transformers line...that thing is a train wreck.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: March 6, 2012, 11:31 PM »
Hasbro announced they are laying off 55 US employees with more to come in Canada. Unfortunately, it looks like David Vonner, the lead developer for the MU line, was one of those cut. Too bad, since he really is an awesome guy, a hardcore Marvel fan and did awesome things with the line as far as getting fan favorite figures out in the market as well as cool chases/variant for figures.

While I feel bad for the guys laid off I confess I'm surprised they actually had employees in Canada anymore at all and I'm not trying to be a smart ass. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: March 7, 2012, 12:33 AM »
Yep, that's really crappy news.  Anyone heard anything about people from the TF, Joe or SW lines leaving?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: March 7, 2012, 02:01 AM »
Shame. I'd say that other than a few distribution woes in 2010, the Marvel line has been pretty awesome. The first few waves were kinda lame looking back but it really found its legs.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: March 7, 2012, 07:35 AM »

While I feel bad for the guys laid off I confess I'm surprised they actually had employees in Canada anymore at all and I'm not trying to be a smart ass.

What's "Canada?"  Never heard of it.

I'm a little shocked by this.  From a consumer standpoint, I would have guessed that the Marvel line has done nothing but exceed expectations.  Even the Iron Man and Thor stuff has sold better than I would have initially thought it would.  Hopefully these guys can land something else soon.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: March 8, 2012, 01:56 AM »
Marvel Universe definitely moves here.  There's always an initial rush when a new wave drops and then it slows, but the rest seems to trickle out of the stores, both WM and Target.  It's had a surprisingly strong run here which surprises me.

E...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: March 8, 2012, 08:59 AM »
I think this line has hands down the best distribution of ANY of the Hasbro lines. I don't collect them but I pay attention every time new stuff comes out and they consistently seem to do a good job A) stocking multiple cases, not just 1 and done, and B) having multiple new figures in the same case assortment.

The only recent MU figure I've NEVER seen is the astral Dr. Strange and I guess that is sort of rare anyway.

I wish Star Wars was as consumer friendly as this stuff.