Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 282442 times)

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #1590 on: November 4, 2013, 11:00 AM »
I picked up the Omega Red wave this morning at Target.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: November 10, 2013, 04:51 PM »

Abomination is pretty tiny.

I checked this out thoroughly and he's actually the right height and muscle mass IMO.  I think people are hung up on the torso joint/tooling and the immediate abs proportions around it. I snapped this pic on my way out the door this AM:

Marvel wikia lists Thor at 6' 6", Reed at 6' 1", Thing at 6' 0", and Abomination at 6' 8".  As you can see that would make Abomination the right size.  Possibly even a little too tall believe it or not.  Thing might be a little tall too.  Anyone who reads a lot of Marvel titles knows that the size of characters differs based on which artist is drawing them at any given time.  And you might even disagree with the official marvel wikia listings. Here's how Blonsky looked in his 2nd appearance:

If you put Abomination on the counter and stand back 5 feet and look at the figure, it eliminates the detail of the torso joint and you can see the proportions actually look pretty good.

I love the figure.

Bless you and your research.  I like him much better now that I know he's not a midget version.

Where do you think Marvel Wiki gets their heights?  As you mentioned, it varies by artist.  But it lists Colossus (in steel form) at 7'5" and Man-Thing at 7'.  I don't think I've seen anything that would make Man-Thing that small...

Based on the comics I've read, hell, the Legends Man-Thing figure at 7" is almost in scale with the MU line.  He's freakin' huge.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: November 11, 2013, 07:21 AM »
That's a really good question Sprry, I haven't a clue.  Most characters have been drawn by so many different artists that I just look at it as an average approximation.

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: November 11, 2013, 02:02 PM »
I thought Man-Thing used source material from the swamp around him.  Theoretically, he could probably add or subtract mass as needed or depending on what is available to him.  They should probably have a size range for guys like that. 

As for where Marvel gets those sizes - I'm sure someone from there just puts in the database at some point for future reference.  Not that anyone there seems to know how to reference anything published more than 6 weeks prior...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1594 on: November 13, 2013, 11:06 AM »
Anyone need an MU Warpath?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: November 15, 2013, 03:22 PM »
Saw a few new figures for what seems like the first time in years today.  Local Targets seem to be getting in the Nightcrawler/Gray Hulk wave (that's what I'm calling it anyway).  I really just wanted the Black Knight from this wave, but some of the other figures were tempting.  I did not see Cloak or Dagger, but they're on the back.

Can anyone tell me if the Moon Knight/Ant-Man comic pack ever hit retail?
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: November 15, 2013, 03:57 PM »
Saw a few new figures for what seems like the first time in years today.  Local Targets seem to be getting in the Nightcrawler/Gray Hulk wave (that's what I'm calling it anyway).  I really just wanted the Black Knight from this wave, but some of the other figures were tempting.  I did not see Cloak or Dagger, but they're on the back.

Can anyone tell me if the Moon Knight/Ant-Man comic pack ever hit retail?

The remnants that you saw are from the wave that include Omega Red, Aurora, Black Knight, and the AOA Nightcrawler.  Though they are pictured on the back of the card, Cloak and Dagger are from the previous wave.

No ... that Comic Pack never saw mass release.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: November 15, 2013, 05:37 PM »
Still looking for Aurora, Omega Red and Black Knight from that wave if anyone can help. 

It was up earlier today on HTS but I missed out sadly. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: November 15, 2013, 08:55 PM »
I saw part of this wave at Target today (Aurora, X-Force Nightcrawler, and some repacks).  Not sure how much I want from this wave, if any, but I'm still on the lookout for Dagger from the previous one.  Hopefully those won't be too tough to find, because I don't want to pay $20 or more for it that we're seeing on ebay, etc.

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: November 15, 2013, 09:37 PM »
I found a couple of Daggers over the last couple of days along with the Blue Abomination.  I am happy to part with them.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: November 16, 2013, 09:04 AM »
Still looking for Aurora, Omega Red and Black Knight from that wave if anyone can help. 

It was up earlier today on HTS but I missed out sadly.

Parts of this wave (no Nightcrawler) are up right now on HTS.  I was able to order the three figures I needed this morning shortly before 8:00 CST.   :)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: November 16, 2013, 01:36 PM »
I have a spare Nightcrawler if you need one.   ;)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1602 on: November 16, 2013, 06:24 PM »
Picked up Omega Red, Black Knight, and Aurora from HTS. Northstar left and I am done with this wave. Still need A-Bomb ftp, the previous wave.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: November 16, 2013, 07:08 PM »
I'm starting to pick up some select MU pieces.  Yesterday, it was Red Hulk.  I'm also looking for the recent green and grey Hulks as well.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: November 16, 2013, 08:52 PM »
I have a spare Nightcrawler if you need one.   ;)

Thanks Justin, I have to check if I have a Nightcrawler I'm happy with.  The grey doesn't do much for me really but if I don't like what's in the collection, I'll let you know.   :)

And yeah, Northstar finishes this out for me for the most part.