Author Topic: Hasbro's Celebration V VIP Ticket Contest  (Read 22407 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hasbro's Celebration V VIP Ticket Contest
« on: May 11, 2010, 04:50 PM »
I didn't know where else to put this - and I haven't seen it posted on anywhere else yet so I thought I would share with you what I found while hunting today.  sorry if ths isnt new news

This is a new sticker that all of the Legacy figures have on them at my local Walmart in Mishawaka, IN.  They were not on the figures yesterday so I am thinking a Hasbro rep went in and slapped 'em on (which makes me question how I can instantly win on figures that were already in the store).

Anyway, I peeled the sticker off so I could share with you all - I took a picture of a figure with the sticker on the packaging in store but it came out crappy so I just decided to scan in the sticker I took.  When I removed the sticker you can see the mail away promo peeled off the package and is stuck onto the new sticker.

edit:  fyi incase it matters - all of the figures were that had stickers were Legacy ESB wave - none of the clone wars or saga legends had stickers.

edit x2:  just went to the website http://hasbro.promotions.com/swpromotix/page.do?page=splash.html and it is up and running

« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 04:53 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 05:05 PM »
I heard and read reports on this too. Hasbro store reps have been seen putting these stickers on old product that would have been on shelves well before this promo was announced, so there would be ZERO chance you could win by purchasing that product. Pretty shady if those reports are true. I say buyer beware.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 05:14 PM »
I heard and read reports on this too. Hasbro store reps have been seen putting these stickers on old product that would have been on shelves well before this promo was announced, so there would be ZERO chance you could win by purchasing that product. Pretty shady if those reports are true. I say buyer beware.

So whether or not you win is supposed to be inside the bubble?!?

Well, since the stickers aren't on the EU wave and the EU wave was the last run of figures, then putting these stickers on anything at a WalMart, Target, K-Mart, etc... would be nothing more than fraud.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 05:18 PM »
So whether or not you win is supposed to be inside the bubble?!?

Well, since the stickers aren't on the EU wave and the EU wave was the last run of figures, then putting these stickers on anything at a WalMart, Target, K-Mart, etc... would be nothing more than fraud.

From the rules:
Look for winning game pieces inside specially-marked Hasbro STAR WARS BUILD A DROID FIGURES, STAR WARS STARFIGHTER VEHICLES, STAR WARS COMIC PACKS and STAR WARS BATTLE PACKS products at participating retail locations from May 7, 2010 through July 26, 2010 or while supplies last, whichever occurs first.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 05:19 PM by Jayson »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 05:40 PM »
Thanks Jayson - YES, I can read.

But to me, it would be equally valid if there was a code or something on the underside of the sticker and if you peeled off the sticker that would destroy the code so the only way to look at the code under the sticker was to remove the bubble and look through the clear bubble to the underside of the sticker.

Then TECHNICALLY it would be looking "inside".

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 06:14 PM »
lol - I just read one poster over at rs.com saying he saw some of the stickers on some dust covered Leia/Xizor packs!   :o

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 07:39 PM »
Thanks Jayson - YES, I can read.

But to me, it would be equally valid if there was a code or something on the underside of the sticker and if you peeled off the sticker that would destroy the code so the only way to look at the code under the sticker was to remove the bubble and look through the clear bubble to the underside of the sticker.

Then TECHNICALLY it would be looking "inside".

Sorry, my emphasis on "inside" wasn't directed at you Pete. It was meant to illustrate that the offer would/should be packed inside the product and unless stores have received a new stock and replaced their current stock, anything with stickers on it now in nothing but a bait and switch.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 10:33 PM by Jayson »

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 09:38 PM »
It does say "No purchase necessary", too. So we just got to the website and try out luck?

Edit: It looks like you can request a game piece via snail.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 09:40 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 10:30 PM »
Well - I went to the TRU near where I work on the way home tonight and sure enough - EVERYTHING that didn't have a TRU exclusive sticker on it was stickered with this offer.

It is totally a bait-and-switch move on Hasbro's part and it would be great if someone called them on it.

The only thing they didn't sticker was the Blue/White Evolutions sets that are still hanging around here.

I guess the idea is that if you open up the item and there's no "game piece" you can always go to the website and send away for a chance to win.

Peter

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 11:06 PM »
Pretty cool offer.  Would be nice to know for sure where the winning notification is located.  If it really is just on the back of the sticker, then it makes sense to sticker the older items.  You would need to open plastic bubbles to see it.  However, if these are being put on things like vehicles or on parts of the card where you can't view the back or if the notification is something different, then it is totally a sham.  Will be interesting to see how this unfolds...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 11:39 AM »
lol - I just read one poster over at rs.com saying he saw some of the stickers on some dust covered Leia/Xizor packs!   :o

Same thing at the Targets around here.  Unreal.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 11:42 AM »
I saw Yarna covered with one of those stickers. It was right on top of the "first day issuance" sticker!!!!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 03:15 PM »
My contact at TRU confirmed the Hasbro rep was by yesterday slapping stickers on the old product. Not figures, but a couple of starfighters...some them at lunch myself today. What a crock.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 03:46 PM »
As soon as I saw that ad last night for the CV tickets I was wondering how they expected it to work since Hasbro really isn't shipping anything new from now till the end of the promo.  They don't have any action figures, BPs or Starfighter vehicles scheduled and the comic line is over.

Someone needs to kick Hasbro in the ass over this one.  It's ******' retarded.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2010, 03:59 PM »
lol,i just want the sticker